Muay Thai

JSinghN

Hi,

Ive decided to take up Muay Thai, is there anybody give me advice on the subject such as the do's and dont's, beginners tips and any clothing/gear that i should buy first. Also, any good Muay Thai schools in London.

Many thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Theres a Full 3 Page Manual of Instructions and Tips at http://artofmanliness.com/2010/10/06/muay-thai-a-primer-on-thailand%E2%80%99s-national-sport/

Hi,

Ive decided to take up Muay Thai, is there anybody give me advice on the subject such as the do's and dont's, beginners tips and any clothing/gear that i should buy first. Also, any good Muay Thai schools in London.

Many thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Muay Thai,good choice.

Here a link in London area great trainer also a great class.

The gear would be basic for a beginner: Hand wraps, mouth guard, Water etc.

http://www.muaythai4u.com/

I cant decide between Muay Thai or shastar vidya!?

I'm considering learning a martial art. I'm ok with my fists but I really want to learn something official and structured - and keep fit obviously. Shashtar Vidya is good but you can't carry them around with you in case something goes down - well you can but the police will arrest you.

I'm considering learning a martial art. I'm ok with my fists but I really want to learn something official and structured - and keep fit obviously. Shashtar Vidya is good but you can't carry them around with you in case something goes down - well you can but the police will arrest you.

Get a solid leather belt, with a chunky buckle.....get used to swinging it with the buckle hitting out, its a great weapon and the police wont arrest you for wearing it..

Get a solid leather belt, with a chunky buckle.....get used to swinging it with the buckle hitting out, its a great weapon and the police wont arrest you for wearing it..

Knowing my luck it'll come flying back into my own eye. Nah - I need something that'll introduce a bit of flexibility and suppleness to my stiff, aching bones. Muay Thai has always interested me - especially since I realised that Sagat (from StreetFighter) used it, lol.

Shastar Vidiya has actually got a lot of hands free infact you start from hands free, move onto joint locks, small, join manipulations, breaks, strangulation, grappling, vital point strikes. Weapons comes into it later it's straight to the point dirty fighting, eyes, throat, groin, neck. A proper combat system,..not for sport... This is of course if you go to the correct classes...not the "Gakta" fairy tale classes...

Muay Thai is good as well, if you find a good teacher, not the comemrcial rip off crap...toy want prooper, elbow srtikes, knee strikes etc...Why choose ? Go to both Muay Thai and Shastar Vidiya train in both..cross training can only be good.