Dr Zuze New Song -Phate Chack Te Panjabian Ne Waheguru Ke Ke -Get This Stoped

EkPanth

So sad, confusing the youth into thinking it's okay to do whatever they do as long as they say the name of Waheguru and Baba's name.

All trash.

Pyare Singh559 it is easy to be negative about others but how positive are you that you can get even a handful of lost youngsters to say Waheguru compared to hundreds with this song - Sikhi is for everyone no matter if they can read Gurmukhi and recite Gurbani or if a person sings one word "Waheguru" all their life.

Pyare Singh559 it is easy to be negative about others but how positive are you that you can get even a handful of lost youngsters to say Waheguru compared to hundreds with this song - Sikhi is for everyone no matter if they can read Gurmukhi and recite Gurbani or if a person sings one word "Waheguru" all their life.

Veer ji, I didn't mean it like that. What I'm saying is the trend in Punjab or Punjabi culture (i have seen this first hand) is for people to to keep Sikhi or anything dharmik related as superficial. A person goes to Gurudwara on Sundays, may even tie a dastaar, the rest of the week the person may be lying, clubbing, cursing, ect.. ect.. This applies to everyone really, but with that said if you say waheguru and don't act on realizing Waheguru it is nothing more than repeating something without meaning...

All I'm saying is that it contributes to that kind of mentality when at one side you talk of Baba Ji and Waheguru and then you have a dodgy overall music video that sends a message that it is okay to be an outward Sikh and not change yourself internally.

I do agree with you that Sikhi is for everyone.

Pyare Only Five and Singh599 - I am the first one to correct people who muddy the waters about Sikhi and our Great Heritage but if we keep on being TOO strict and judgmental with not only our youngsters but also ousiders we will only consume ourselves. It is only by making mistakes people find knowledge but if we smack others down who do not realise they are wrong then it will only be us three left at the Gurdwara.

Pyare Only Five and Singh599 - I am the first one to correct people who muddy the waters about Sikhi and our Great Heritage but if we keep on being TOO strict and judgmental with not only our youngsters but also ousiders we will only consume ourselves. It is only by making mistakes people find knowledge but if we smack others down who do not realise they are wrong then it will only be us three left at the Gurdwara.

I would say that's their loss and not those who do undertake Sikhi in the "proper" way. But then I've been chastised (in a gentle way) about having such a narrow point of view, about this very matter in another topic a few weeks ago. Its certainly something to think about.

I always return to the point of "change yourself for Sikhi - don't change Sikhi to suit you". Easier said than done, but one must always try.

Veerji I totally understand what your saying. When I was watching the video and listening to the lyrics I didnt find anything wrong with it. The only thing that made me and many other's irritated was the one Bibi who was wearing revealing clothes and dancing. The song in itself is alright because Waheguru isn't just for Sikhs, jaisi karni vaisi bharni, who are we to judge but the video sends a wrong vibe to youth.

I would say that's their loss and not those who do undertake Sikhi in the "proper" way. But then I've been chastised (in a gentle way) about having such a narrow point of view, about this very matter in another topic a few weeks ago. Its certainly something to think about.

But then I always return to the point of "change yourself for Sikhi - don't change Sikhi to suit you".

Kaljugi someone or something must have shown you the way to Sikhi and Bani so don't you feel you must show others? If you can shrug it off as "their loss" what if you were again one of them who were shunned for being lost and out of control maybe you would not have then know the brilliance of Waheguru.

Thats one way to look at it, but don't you think they are reinforcing a form of Sikhi that has nothing to do with Gurmat? There are two ways to destroy a religion. Be aggressive, like the RSS group is doing or hide in the disguise of at least we are trying to get it right. The latter doesn't have to be systematic like these punjabis are doing to Sikhi now, but just their own version, which they find dear to their hearts to implement. I was watching a punjabi show once and in their introduction of the show they were showing the Gurus pictures first and then slowly moved into punjabi culture and then showed a image of Gurdas Maan, but underneath the image it said Baba Gurdas Mann. Some might over look this and say it means nothing, but I think punjabis are trying to distort the Gurus message.

I don't think at all the Khalsa Panth is strict. When is the last time or ever we heard that a punjabi singer was beaten up or killed or even taken to court for his slander of Sikhi. The Khalsa Panth is a sleep right now and if our brave Singhs were right now, then these punjabi singers will think twice of saying Waheguru and have a half naked women dancing to Waheguru. Strict would be pounding down this punjabi singers door the same day he released this video and making sure his face is black and blue at the end of the day and his name is changed to donkey and the video is taken down never to be played again.

Kaljugi someone or something must have shown you the way to Sikhi and Bani so don't you feel you must show others? If you can shrug it off as "their loss" what if you were again one of them who were shunned for being lost and out of control maybe you would not have then know the brilliance of Waheguru.

Of course - I can't disagree with that. This is another one of those issues that really strikes to the core of what it is to be a Sikh. I honestly don't have an answer to that. I guess one would hope that people have an opportunity to connect with Sikhi, and they begin the journey towards Waheguru whenever they get the chance to do so.