Niddar'S New Book In The Masters Presence.

Singh559

I personally believe Niddar Singh preaches many things against Sikhi and in general am against everything he says, but looking at his knowledge of weapons is something I believe is the only true thing about him. I saw the trailer and pictures of the release of his new book In The Masters Presence. What I want to know is whether anyone here has actually read it and can give me a review of it? I know Paramjit Singh helped him write Sicques, Tigers or Thieves: Eyewitness Accounts of the Sikhs" (see ii). The book so far seems to have a decent portrayal of events in a strictly academic analytic way. It has many writings of travelers and leaders about the Sikhs, he attempts to clarify and present it to the academic world. He may say many sacrilegious things, but I could see this book having possible value and worth looking into. In short, has anyone read it, if so please do reply.

Pictures and trailer below.

http://www.facebook....2&id=1152791370

ii) http://www.amazon.co...9/dp/1403962022

I wouldn't class the book as new either. It's been out for a while now. Actually, the authors planned to have volume 2 out by now but that doesn't seem to be happening?

Does classification of whether it is new or not really matter.sad.gif

Well I can get pedantic like that sometimes. It's my cross to bear..... :wacko:

I read it some time ago. Found it very informative and fascinating in parts, whilst there were other typically sanatan bits that I disagreed with.

One interesting thing I read was that Maharajah Ranjit Singh was feeling around to try and form an alliance to try and boot the Brits out of India. Shame he never managed to. It may have resulted in the Sikh kingdom lasting longer than it did.

Another thing was how some top big wig in some southernly state was also a mona Sikh. He did a lot to support the small Hazoori Sikh community apparently.

The way that minority community defended itself all the way till today, is inspirational and a lesson to all of us stuck out here in diasporic communities.

Guest iPhoneSingh

Seen him @ UK Heathrow airport with duty free shop bag full of liquor. He was in bana with long kacheera and there were also two who went to fetch him with same dress. Took the picture but it came out very blurry.. still have the blurry pix..

Shaastar without "gurbani kamaeey" is useless..

Some of his moves incorporate hindu devi forms (8 arms)

shastarvidya is not exclusive to Sikhi. The Devi also had bow and arrow, talwar conchshell in her hands, but Guru Gobind Singh did not incorporate hindu devi forms did he?

I would if i were you, actually ask him about this stance(devi) as part of shastarvidya. its very interesting.

Seen him @ UK Heathrow airport with duty free shop bag full of liquor. He was in bana with long kacheera and there were also two who went to fetch him with same dress. Took the picture but it came out very blurry.. still have the blurry pix..

Shaastar without "gurbani kamaeey" is useless..

Is this really true? I won't cast aspersions on something you saw with your own eyes, but that is a pretty serious allegation.