Years Later... Still Want To Follow Sikhi

Lionchild

hello my name is Darcy,

Perhaps some of you remember as me the infamous "lionchind" Darcy Cardinal...

Anyways since then i have been on my own journey to find out who i am and who i belong to. Well after all these years i find myself directed towards the sikh faith once again. i even found one of my friends encouraged my despite my shortcomings to at least try to learn sikhi... to its core... well i have been trying for a few years, even if my close "friends" want me to try again at it. of course, its a personal journey to each itself, and i want to learn from others, as anyone would want to as a learner.

Its 2011, and i am wanting to rehanging my in the sikhi community the proper way... but im without teacher... and wonder who to rely on this time...

anyways, my name is Darcy Cardinal...

my number is...

Admin Note: We do not allow personal info on our forum to appear in public. You can request members to send you a private message and can then share your number in private.

-Darcy Cardinal

Hiya Lionchild.

Last I recall, you had gone into the Bahai faith. Can you share why you didn't feel that worked for you?

As for finding a teacher...be very careful not to get roped into any cult doing this for your own sake.....we have the Guru Granth Sahib to guide us, first and foremost.

I think you are lucky in that today there are more forums than ever and a lot of Sikh scripture/literature has been translated making the faith more accessible on a personal level for non Gurmukhi readers than it was a few years ago.

For a starting point I'd suggest slowly learning the Gurmukhi alphabet whilst you study scripture translated into English.

Here is our ultimate teacher:

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1&h=0

hello my name is Darcy,

Perhaps some of you remember as me the infamous "lionchind" Darcy Cardinal...

Anyways since then i have been on my own journey to find out who i am and who i belong to. Well after all these years i find myself directed towards the sikh faith once again. i even found one of my friends encouraged my despite my shortcomings to at least try to learn sikhi... to its core... well i have been trying for a few years, even if my close "friends" want me to try again at it. of course, its a personal journey to each itself, and i want to learn from others, as anyone would want to as a learner.

Its 2011, and i am wanting to rehanging my in the sikhi community the proper way... but im without teacher... and wonder who to rely on this time...

anyways, my name is Darcy Cardinal...

my number is...

Admin Note: We do not allow personal info on our forum to appear in public. You can request members to send you a private message and can then share your number in private.

-Darcy Cardinal

Welcome Back brother and this time try to become Sikh not Jatt Sikh.I may be wrong but what i have heard about you is that u were using Jatt caste with ur Name.

gurfateh g

u can pm me ur number

ill help u out

the ultimate teacher is Guru Granth Sahib ji

changing religons will not do anything for u

the way it sounds youve been hopping around like a poor lost frog :(

there is only one God

Guru ji teaches us that in the end religon is just a title that will wear off like the color of a saffron flower

u need to search within and connect with Wahgroo with God whatever u call God

if you are a stranger to God in this life how will u find him after death

u gotta search ur soul

the way that fire comes out of firewood

what keeps the fire from burning the wood

it is unexpected it looks like a stick but a magnifincant fire emerges

guru ji teaches us that our bodies might look like mass and bones

but when we search within when we love God than God emerges the way fire comes from firewood

love is the answer

u dont need a religon u need love

u need to fall in love with God that is higher than any religon or ritual

until u love God u can go on any pilgrimage

u can keep any fast

call urself by any religon

meditate and silence ur mind

but until u learn to love God and love creation and submit to and love his will

and find ur hapinesss soley in lovingly meditating on God

until thn u wont find peace ///hope this helps