How To Do Chaur Sahib Di Seva?

Just a couple of questions:-

-Should you let the hair of the Chaur Sahib touch your clothes? as i usually let it hang free incase it gets dirty from my clothes but not sure whether i'm being 'too cautious?'

-Also, should you touch the Chaur Sahib with a parna or can you touch it with bare hands(presuming their clean obviously).

Thank you

:)

Do Sree Chaur Sahib Jee Dee Seva With Love !!! Let The Love Of Your Heart Pour Out In Your Seva !!! Guroo Jee Is Very Loving !!! Just The Fact That You Are Having Such Beautiful Thoughts Shows That Guroo Jee Loves You !!! So Just Love Guroo Jee Back And Do Seva With Love !!! PREM !!! PREM !!! PREM !!! THIS IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT !!!!

Wearing Clean Clothes Is Good Rehit! So Don’t Stress If Chaur Sahib Touches Little Here And There!

And Hazooreaas Are Beautiful! So Hold Hazoorea In Hand If You Like! Don’t Have To Though! But Wear Sree Hazoorea; They Are Beautiful! Your Hands Are Clean! So Don’t Stress On Touching! With Every Prem Motion Of Sree Chaur Sahib! What To Speak Of Hands!?!?! Your Entire Being Is Being Cleaned !!!

CHARDHI KALA JEE !!!

It can be daunting when doing sewa, but best keep a little 'dar' in your mind, then you make less mistakes. The more confident you become the more likely you go into hunkaar and make mistakes.

As long as your hands are clean then parna is not required, however if you feel you want to use parna then all well and good.

If the chaur touches your clothing this is not cause for concern but I would hold the chaure with one hand and let the handle of the chaure Sahib rest on your other forearm and let the hair drape over, then when actually doing the chaure hold with both hands and swipe high over Guru Sahib Ji a few times mabe reciting "waheguru" in your mind.

• 1 year later...

It can be daunting when doing sewa, but best keep a little 'dar' in your mind, then you make less mistakes. The more confident you become the more likely you go into hunkaar and make mistakes.

As long as your hands are clean then parna is not required, however if you feel you want to use parna then all well and good.

If the chaur touches your clothing this is not cause for concern but I would hold the chaure with one hand and let the handle of the chaure Sahib rest on your other forearm and let the hair drape over, then when actually doing the chaure hold with both hands and swipe high over Guru Sahib Ji a few times mabe reciting "waheguru" in your mind.

Do not hold the chaur sahib in one place if uou are doing seva then keep on swinging it as long as your doing seva. Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji taught this is a strange and unique way. I was at a diwan at someones house and my dad was doing chaur sahin di seva. He would rest his arm in between while doing seva. Baba Thakur Singh Ji came and did matha take and walked up to my dad and git the chaur sahib. He was up there doing seva for about ten minutes but while he did sva he diddnt rest his hand he kept on doing chaur sahib. Then he approached my dad after the diwan and told him what he did. And you have to realize he was in his aged form. He used help from two singhs to walk. And he kept his arm swinging for ten minutes. Even if you cant swing your arm the whole time try to limit your rest time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

another question us whether to do chaur sahib sitting or standing..........

I have heard this story (don't remember where) a singh(chardikala gurmukh pyara) was doing the chaur sahib and he was standing, when he got tired his arms lifted down a little bit and he heard the voice, bhai sahib thorha uper karke, sadi dastar naal khenda.........that was Guru sahib speaking to him.....

we have to have bhau (darr) and bhaao (prem) at the same time.....so the chaur doesn't touch guru sahib as if Guru sahib is actually birajmaan there........