Should Sikhs Be Having Many Children

KhalistaniGunMan

As we live in a democarcy..and a democracy is based on demographics...so in theory the majority rules...my question is should gursikhs have as many children as they can financially handle....should we be looking to have 4,5,6,... kids just to increase our population??...doesnt more numbers mean more votes which means more influence?....just look at the muslim population in britain...it jumped from 50,000 to over 2 1/2 million in just a couple of decades...should we following this route or not?? won't we feel more secure as a larger community than a smaller one...

Another example is the ultra othodox community (haredi) in israel who have on average around 6 -8 children each :0 ...this is actually worrying the secular jews in the country..because with their growing popualtion is coming growing power and influence in the government...as were seeing with the settlements in westbank and east jerusalem..

Just curious what my fellow brothers and sisters think about this...

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Jee blessed the Panth with Four Princes - Chaar Sahibzaadey ...

I reckon it's our responsibility to increase the Panth with 4-6 Bhujhangia (Little Singhs and Singhaneea) but have the GurSikh Jeevan to support them.

As for being financially stable, Sikh's are doing so well in regards to higher education, high-paid jobs etc so perhaps it's time we paid more attention to bringing our children up in a spiritually stable household.

Even if one child from four siblings in a family adopts the GurSikh lifestyle then that's enough too ... Dhan Guru Dhan Teri Sikhee!

The rule in Sparta was to have as many able bodied sons as possible to protect Sparta.The sons were given Training from the age of 7 years old and left in Jungles to fend for themselves.Similarly Sikhs should have such intentions.But will not the Sikh Brotherhood feelings towards each other decrease if we were to increase population.

If all the money siphoned off by the elders in the gurudwaras were used for scholarships instead we would be able to have as many kids as you wanted without fear of the financial burden of getting them educated. But the golden oldies wont have it will they?

Absolutely awesome idea!

Most of the Manmat Sikhs will never have more then 1 or 2 kids as they ar so self absorbed. I think that it is a great idea that all GurSikhs have 4+ kids, then in a generation or so GurSikh Sikhs will be in the majority as opposed to manmat Sikhs.

It also depends on one's finances too. You can't condemn somebody for having a couple of kids if they can't afford to have anymore. That's irresponsible and does more damage to the children they do have in the long-term. Its not all about increasing the ranks of a population.There's such an issue as social responsibility.

If we can guarantee the children will grow up to be Gursikh, then go for it. Until such an enlightened time arrives, we'd just be introducing more confused and lost kids who are Sikh by name only.

Also, if anyone is expecting a generation of 'Guru Ke Laadle' from the very people who are ashamed of giving their children Sikh names, well then that's naive. The type of names I've heard the generation before mine (the 30+ age group) give to their kids is an absolute disgrace. Muslim, Hindu and Christian names given to Sikh children whilst the impotent elders stand-by and do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

How about saving the around recently 10 million girls aborted, in the past two decades and many more in the past, predominately,north east India? Is that not where Punjab is?

10 million??!?? :o Maha-paap.

No wonder Panjab is destroying itself. The souls of the unborn are not be under-estimated. It may sound funny to some people but trust me. Such a heavy weight caused by such evil practices do not disappear. It revisits the very people who perpetuate it. :waheguru: