Clubbing, Bhangra, Etc

Guest Kaur 90

Guest Mr Nihang Singh

Well,

Sodhi Singh regularly does talks down in universitys towards gravesend and down south, i have attended many of his talks. He knows his history and is generally a good talker, about sikh artifacts and how the history is being destroyed etc - in the sense he knows how to deliver a talk, but some of the points are very questionable... However

He does talk about bhangra, punjabi songs, once he even tries to bust out a move. Look at his facebook, many pictures in the club.

I read somewhere else that he did a sikhi bhangra quiz aswell as a university, and when a singh questioned the sikh society he was slandered over facebook - well i read the comments on sodhis facebook and then asked around.

Yeh he is a friend of Bob, kamalroop - all ex/current students of niddar and all ex/current helpers of sikh student camp/sikh camp.

They do have diluded views and try to subtly put them into their talks - e.g. about meat, bhangra - issues with other sikh organisations.

I dont understand them, they look like nihang singhs but have a more 3ho and western sikhi than anything old.

This thread is quite pointless, and irrelevant. There is no point in writing about speakers, and about who they know and what they are like.

Clearly the problem is that someone, or a group of individuals who attended the talk did not completely agree with what was said. This individual has therefore decided to start and anonymous thread, so that others who were not even at the talk can enlighten everyone with their, quite frankly, invalid opinions.

A suggestion would be to highlight concerns or questions at the talk, talk to the speakers, or approach one of the society's committee members, instead of hiding behind a computer screen and starting something that gives a chance for people out there to cuss and talk badly of others.

If you have a problem... then say so - to their face.

Guest Moorakh

As someone who attended the talk, and as an Amritdharee who herself doesn't go clubbing etc, I can say without bias that there was no promotion of clubbing or Bhangra. No one is perfect I think the bhaji was just being open as to what he himself does (even though i dont agree with such activities myself); I did talk to him afterwards about this which is what anyone who disagreed with anything he said should have done too.

As it is the talk as a whole was quite good and he was good at integrating and talking to the sangat afterwards and during the talk and be on a level with them. Really there is no need to post on Sikh sangat and encourage nindiya of ANYONE- instead talk to the Singh or the parbandhaks

Just my two cents

What is the state of sikh socs when manmat people like these are even allowed to give their opinions in the name of parchar? Are there no decent speakers who follow or try to follow Gurmat to the best of their ability, available to give talks?

I'm sorry but having listened to what this sodi chap has to say......be careful not to be in same boat as a captain who's hell bent on sinking his own ship.....and we certainly hope no town has lost their favorite local clown.