Want To Take Pahull Khande Da Amrit.

Guest Piyaas

I have been wanting to take khande da pahul/amrit for the longest time now, but I think I am ready. What my mom said, however, that I can't until I complete University and get my degree. I know my dad will say yes, but my mom is so hard to convince. She thinks I'm getting too into religion. When I talk to my dad and mom about Sikhi related subjects she agrees and likes it because she is also interested.

I don't want to go out of the way and do it either because I don't want to create any problems...

Help sangat jeo :sad:

I have been wanting to take khande da pahul/amrit for the longest time now, but I think I am ready. What my mom said, however, that I can't until I complete University and get my degree. I know my dad will say yes, but my mom is so hard to convince. She thinks I'm getting too into religion. When I talk to my dad and mom about Sikhi related subjects she agrees and likes it because she is also interested.

I don't want to go out of the way and do it either because I don't want to create any problems...

Help sangat jeo :sad:

There is always a time of momentum for every thing .I think you should not delay further but if there is small time to get degree you can wait.

Try to convince your parents that it wont disturb my studies.Take help of any good person.Prey for divine help.I am confident if you are a real

seeker you will get it.Best of luck

Dr Singh

drjvsingh@rediffmail.com

If you're old enough to be near university age, you're old enough to make your own decision. There are tons of gursikhs who went through med school, law school, numerous other professional schools. Sikhi didn't slow them down one bit. In fact, I was told by a doctor who had been through med school that he wouldn't have survived residency without Amritvela.

• 2 weeks later...

fethe ji..

we have the same problem...my dad wont let me take amrit...hes not an amaritdhari...my mum has taken chola..and my older sista has taken amrit with maraj di kirpa...(she took it wivout tellin, i saw what happen, wen she took amrit wivout askin my dad...daas is scared that the same thing will happen in the house.. like it did that dai when she took amrit)

daas is keepin the rehet wiv wahegurus kirpa. daas is doin ardaas..only waheguru nos why waheguru hasen bless me wiv amrit yet. maybe cos daas anit worth it... but with wahegurus hukam i will take. it.. maybe the tym hasen come yet. with wahegurus hukam you will take amrit too.

fethe ji.

keep doin ardaas

bul chuk maf ji

fetheji..

fethe ji..

we have the same problem...my dad wont let me take amrit...hes not an amaritdhari...my mum has taken chola..and my older sista has taken amrit with maraj di kirpa...(she took it wivout tellin, i saw what happen, wen she took amrit wivout askin my dad...daas is scared that the same thing will happen in the house.. like it did that dai when she took amrit)

daas is keepin the rehet wiv wahegurus kirpa. daas is doin ardaas..only waheguru nos why waheguru hasen bless me wiv amrit yet. maybe cos daas anit worth it... but with wahegurus hukam i will take. it.. maybe the tym hasen come yet. with wahegurus hukam you will take amrit too.

fethe ji.

keep doin ardaas

bul chuk maf ji

fetheji..

One thing I can say without a doubt is that you're worth it and Guru Ji loves you!

Fateh ji...........

I was also in the same situation b4 i had taken amrit. My parents had said me to complete studies and had said do it after marriage then i cried alot, i convience them alot. When this thing failed then i regurally started doing ardaas and also talking to parents i showed them religious movies also i had taked to some amritdhari peoples to convince my parents. Then slowly when they got that i can't live without amrit and i had also finished my studies so they had agreed with my decision of taking amrit and finally with WAHEGURU JI's blessing i had taken amrit 2 and half month back on Guru Gobhind Singh ji's birthday. Have patience u will definitely get amrit. Start following rehat and do ardaas...........That day will definitely come in u'r life.

_kaur_ ji tavadi zindagi cha vi oh din jalad ahana do ardaas.

Most Important thing for both of u read REHAT MARIYADA b4 taking amrit.

If you love god and apply the gyan in Guru Granth Sahib ji, esp the Mool Mantra which sums up the WHOLE of gurbani the amrit comes on it's own. Amrit is not a requirement to finding god, many sants (chinese, black, white and those that were in being before sikhi incl. Kabir ji, Ravidas ji, Sain Ji, Dhanna Ji) have not 'taken' amrit but drink it in daily(the lifeforce of Naam(amrit), the highest form of amrit and only thing that god says will ferry us across).

Amrit chak helps one live a pure lifestyle if one is ready so it is your choice to take it, we all have free will, do whatever feels right for you, ask god in your hirda if you should take it and if so when. When you get an answer do not let anything or anyone deviate you for His answer is His hukam. However many have developed huge ego after taking amrit (the 'better thaan you' mentality) when in reality we are the dust of the feet of the whole creation(our gurus themselves called themselves names like this etc.) and forsake the vows they give on taking amrit- they also turn parts of it into ritual when in relaity Guru Gobind Singh Ji laid out the foundations of Khalsa in Sri Guru Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji in which he states khalsa to be pure with the jyot of the lord kept lit every single second within(with Naam which is Him). I know 4 Brahmgyanis of which two have not taken amrit and speak with Guru Gobind Singh Ji all the time, they know directly from him what the Truth is, they have been told directly from Him.

Since I have began to make an effort to live gurbani more I have recieved the folliwng gifts/ benefits:

- The gift of sight- Seeing white, blue, clloured lights, angels and shaheeds (mostly on white horses protecting me at all times), auras, lights coming out of peoples eyes, mouths, etc, seeing amrit puring from our gurus and shaheeds eyes in pictures (Including Sant Bindranwale jis and Staguru Nanak dev ji's) see Guru Nanak smile at me from his photo alot seeing the shaheeds when they used to save me from demons

- Had darshans in dreams and visions, of Guru Nanak on many occasions, speaking to me also and him sitting in Sachkandh surrounded by a massive blue and white aura, of sants and shaheeds who speak to me and give me instructions and advice, darshans of Sachkandh etc and even seen the hindu god Krishna who saved me from hell when hell tried to take me below(which used to be a common thing) while I was awake. Seen my past life in which I was an amritdhari and very close to Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

-Siddhis, can do many things but I do not use these as these are a blockage on the path of bhagti(finding god/living Truth)

- Visions- can see people things, places from afar, if I'm going somewhere can see what that place/house will look like before I get there, can see people and what they are doing at a given time, can read their minds and can communicate with brahmgyanis by thought and feelings, see the future at times (only when god shows it, not by my own prediction) and travel to the past in meditation at times including time of birth.

-Heal people and places with amrit.

-Have developed more love and faith in god who does all of these things as there is no 'ME' only 'HIM' and he works through us if we let Him.

- Have developed forgiveness for nindaks and those who wish ill of me, I pray for them and for their betterment and send them love and thank them for blessing me so much, I feel cleaner and more amrit when they do their nindya.

-Have realised that there is no Us, only Him and He has showed me this in astral travel, samadhi and in dreams- although I have not yet achieved union with Him which I know I will one day so I relax and continue his bhagti and remain in His hukam as all will happen when He wills it.

as you may have guessed I have not taken amrit but my faith and love for Him has shown me that naam is the Highest amrit and I know I will always be the daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. I bump into spiritualists alot and they always tell me they see me with a white patka (although my hair is cut), and some say they see me standing next to Guru Gobind Singh Ji who I feel very close to and always have done.

I am the greatest nindak and sinner, and how god ever granted his grace upon me is beyond me but my love and faith will never die whether I ever decide to take amrit or not. When I think there are some out there who do not even believe in a lord so giving it astounds me, we are so lucky just to have faith.

Guest _manmukh_

Since I have began to make an effort to live gurbani more I have recieved the folliwng gifts/ benefits:

- The gift of sight- Seeing white, blue, clloured lights, angels and shaheeds (mostly on white horses protecting me at all times), auras, lights coming out of peoples eyes, mouths, etc, seeing amrit puring from our gurus and shaheeds eyes in pictures (Including Sant Bindranwale jis and Staguru Nanak dev ji's) see Guru Nanak smile at me from his photo alot seeing the shaheeds when they used to save me from demons

I want to believe what you have typed, its pretty amazing to read. But i dont understand how you see amrit from out gurus pictures and guru nanak smiling at you from his picture because these are all artist impressions, and are unlikely to be accurate impressions of what gurujis looked like. From what i understand, the common pictures we see today of our gurus are artist impressions by the famous punjabi painter sobha singh, who himself said that these were made up drawings from his mind. Our eternal guruji is sri guru granth sahib ji and we arent meant to treat a photo as guruji.

I appologise if i have said anything wrong, this is a genuine query. i look forward to your response.