Marriage

Avtar95

Akaal

Here is my personal opinion

There is no reason why it should be "wrong" to marry out of religion. Think about it, a marriage is a unification of two souls. Souls are a piece of god and do not have a religion, caste, creed, race or gender. Any two souls can unite.

Secondly, the idea of a marriage is to unify souls and then help your partner progress spiritually. There is nothing to say that a person can not help their partner progress spiritually just because they are from a different religion. Bare in mind that dharamraja will not judge you on your religion, but your kamai, karma and spirituality as no religion is inferior to another or "bad".

If you are thinking of marrying a hindu, then it may not be such a problem as usually hindus do not mind engaging in all sikh practices. If your partner asks you to engage in hindu practices, and this is something that you yourself personally do not mind, then that is fine and okay. If however you object, you may need to talk that over with your partner.

The issue arises with bringing up children. You will have to decide with your partner what you will bring your children up as. That is entirely up to you and your partner and for no one else to judge.

Once you have decided that, I personally see no reason as to why you cannot marry someone from a different religion. Just make it so that you do not fight with each other in later life about how to bring up children etc.

I myself know plenty of couples who are from different religions and everything is fine and completely normal.

This is just my opinion, I am not particularly bothered if someone disagrees as every man is his own religion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyone who disagrees has that right to do so.

Akaal

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. False are those that do not contemplate them.

(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - Ang 1350)

Clearly, Guru sahib didnt banish any scriptures. You say he banished such scriptures and religions, Yet Guru Ji many times instructs those from other religions to follow their religions properly. Its a Shame sikhs today think that Sikhi preaches hate against all other paths to the same Supreme Being.

A Soul has no religion, All souls that are liberated, regardless of religion, will merge with the Same supreme being after death anyway.

Yeah you say all other religions are inferior, yet Guru Nanak was pretty happy for Bhai Mardana to be muslim. You say all other religions are inferior, yet Muslims have passages within the Guru Granth Sahib.

Last time i checked mate, Harmandir Sahib has 4 enterences to symbolize equality to people from all paths and walks of life. Last time i checked, Guru Granth Sahib is universal and for all of mankind.

This kind of nonsense hate that you are preaching is exactly what extremist muslims preach, then you have the Taliban which try and actively inforce it. Shame on you!

<br style=""> <br style="">

I agree with your thinking.

Have you read Sri Chaupai Sahib the da paat? Clearly Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj says I don't follow any scripture(he names them as well) and only follow Gurmat. The Gurbani you have presented is stating that we must not discard these religious scriptures without even reading through them and seeing what they say. Bhagat Kabir ji is calling those false, who do not even read the Koran, Bible, Vedas and then just call them false. These religious scriptures have good things in them and increases a person knowledge on Gurbani because Gurbani uses many references to the Muslim religion.

There is a Hukam from Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj where he states to all his Sikhs, we must only keep our faith in Gurbani and ONLY study the other religious text. Look at the Bani of Bhagat Kabir ji you provided and read the Hukam. They go hand in hand.

Doosrae mataa dae pustak, vidyaa parhni. Pur bhrosaa drirh Gurbani, Akal Purakh tae karnaa -

Study the books and knowledge of other faiths. But keep trust in Gurbani and Akal Purukh.http://www.info-sikh...ge52Hukams.html

If other religious scriptures were completely Akal Purakhs word, then Satguru ji would have not stated the above or even wrote Gurbani.

I'm ignore the hate comment because you clearly don't understand what is being said here. Those lines of Gurbani you are talking about actually give a whole new meaning to the religious practices of other religions. I say you start a new thread on that topic and we can discuss it. Doing it here will just get this topic off course.

Again brother read Sri Japji Sahib da paat, specifically ang 4. The soul is not separate from this world that does not get affected. A person becomes what he practices. The soul is directed affected by what the person practices. The soul turns false once the person continues on false paths. The soul in not eternal or untouchable.

Not a single Muslim of the Koran has his Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Bhai Mardana was a Muslim? Any evidence to this other than the blind copy and paste everyone does when it comes to understanding Sikhi.

You claim no religion is inferior, so the next step to completing your thought process is to say all religious text are equal. But you don't like the idea of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj being placed beside the Koran. Why not? Is the Koran lower than the Shabad Guru.

Sri Harmandir Sahib has four doors to say everyone is welcome (the mandir in the Gurus time did not let certain people in), but not your religious practices. If you say there religious practices are welcome, then we should have a cow being slaughtered the Muslim way in one corner at Sri Harmandir Sahib and have stone idol worship in the other corner.

I know i took yout out of your comfort zone and your reacting out of anger and fustration, so take a deep breath and then reply.

"The Gurbani you have presented is stating that we must not discard these religious scriptures without even reading through them and seeing what they say" - yet you completely contradict yourself as you clearly said in your previous post that these granths and scriptures were BANISHED!

"If other religious scriptures were completely Akal Purakhs word, then Satguru ji would have not stated the above or even wrote Gurbani" - clearly you have failed to grasp my thinking and you have failed to anylyse my comments because no one at all suggested that other scriptures were completely akal purakhs word!

"I'm ignore the hate comment because you clearly don't understand what is being said here" - yes run away ...

"The soul is not separate from this world that does not get affected. A person becomes what he practices. The soul is directed affected by what the person practices. The soul turns false once the person continues on false paths. The soul in not eternal or untouchable" - again, you have failed to keep track of my line of thought because no one said that a person doesnt become what he practices and no one said that the soul isnt directly affected by that the person practices.

The point im making is, hopefully you will see my train of thought this time, is that the soul does not have specifics. All paths do lead to the supreme being and those who manage that from other religions (even though it is far harder), will ultimately join with a sikhs soul. If other religions do not, then are you trying to tell me that Bhagat Kabir, Bhagat Ravidass and countless other non-sikh saints didnt reach Vaheguru? ... yet Maharaj saw their brahmgian and allowed them to write within Guru Granth Sahib?? ...

"I know i took yout out of your comfort zone and your reacting out of anger and fustration, so take a deep breath and then reply" - understand you really did not take me out of my comfort zone and you still havent. Dont kid yourself brother. I have not acted in any way out of anger and frustration, however i could very easily point that finger at you and accuse you of the same, judging by your completely uncalled for comment on Sri Bhagauti Sahib and Guru Granth Sahibs parkash in harmandir Sahib! ...

In My Opinion,

WA, You Are Wrong.

The English Reflection You Have Presented Is Wrong (Not Your Fault; The 'Translators' Have Provided Wrong Reflections Here). The More Correct English Reflection Of The Sree Pangtee You Are Thinking About Would Be 'Declare Bedhs And Katebhs Contain Falsehoods; False Are Those Beings That Believe That They Contain The Truth (Or Reflect Upon Them As Truth).

Bedh Katebh – Hindu Granths And Abrahamic Books

Kahaou – Declare

Matt – Understanding

Jhooteh – False

Jhoota – False

Jon – Beings (I Believe In Lareedhaar Gurbaanee! I Believe The Proper Meaning Here Is Jon (Beings) NOT Jo (Those) N (That Don't))

Beechareh – Have Full Faith In; Reflect Upon; Think As Truth …

Hindu Granths And Abrahamic Books (Including Koran) Call Those Understandings False! False Are Those Beings That Believe Them To Be True!

Also Refer To The Entire Sree Shabad Sahib And You Will Find Bhagat Jee Rejecting Hajj, 'Halal', And More!

Guroo Sahib States Very Clearly That The Other Scriptures Are Incomplete! Why Else Would Guroo Sahib Begin The Sach Dharam Then !?!?!

Guroo Sahib Tells ALL To Follow Gurmat! If You Actually Follow Closely Of The Teaching Guroo Sahib Is Telling Others To Follow; You Will Indeed Find It To Be GURMAT!

Sikhs Do Not Hate Any Other Path Or 'Religion'; ONLY If They Terrorize Innocents Etc! But They DO NOT Lead To The Same Destination! ONLY Gurmat Breaks Chauraasee And Leads To The SUPREME BEING In TOTALITY! Others If They Follow Some Good Things In Their 'Religion' Can Lead Them To Better/Worse Places Etc But Still Involved In Mayaa And 'Limbo'. Gurmat Is Perfection And The ONLY Path For Total Mergence And Winning The TRUE Mission Of The Soul!

Where Are You Getting This Nonsense That Dhan Dhan Bhai Mardaanaa Jee Is A Muslim ?!?! BHAI MARDAANAA JEE IS THE GREATEST SIKH TO EVER LIVE !!!!! You Do Not Know The Muslim 'Religion' Obviously! According To 'muslims' Dhan Dhan Bhai Mardaanaa Jee Would Be; SATNAAM; 'Let's Just Say Not A Good 'muslim'! DHAN DHAN BHAI MARDAANAA JEE IS MOST BELOVED OF GUROO NANAK !!!!! THE GREATEST MOST FORTUNATE DISCIPLE OF GUROO NANAK !!!!! DHAN DHAN BHAI MARDAANAA JEE IS THE GREATEST BRAHMGYAANEE TO EVER GRACE EARTH !!!!!

Muslim! LOL! DHAN DHAN AKAAL ROOP GUROO NANAK DEV JEE NIRANJAN NIRANKAAR ROOP JYOT AKAAL Might Have Taken PARKAASH Into 'Hindu Household'! But NOT HINDU !!!!! GET IT ?!?!?

ALL BHAGAT JEES AND ALL WHOSE SREE BAANEE IS IN ETERNAL DHAN DHAN MAHAARAAJAN DEH MAHAARAAJ DHAN DHAN SREE GUROOGRANTH SAHIB JEE MAHAARAAJ !!!!! ARE REALIZED SOULS !!!!! THEY ARE NO LONGER 'MUSLIM' OR 'HINDU' !!! THEY REJECT EVERYTHING 'MUSLIM' AND 'HINDU' !!!!! THEY ARE POORAN GURMUKHS !!!!! 'Other Faiths' Are Still Stuck In 'Limbo'. GURMAT LEADS TO TOTAL TRUTH !!!!!

EVEN THOUGH SREE HARMANDIR SAHIB HAS FOUR DOORS !!!!! FOR EVERYONE IS INVITED WITH LOVE !!!!! BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE PATH !!!!! INSIDE LIVES THE LORD !!!!!

The Taliban Kill Innocents !!! Sikhs Share With Love !!! SIKHS DO NOT BELIEVE IN TERRORIZING !!!!! BUT SIKHS ALSO KNOW GURMAT IS THE ONLY PATH TO THE SUPREME TRUTH !!!!! THEY KNOW THIS WITHIN THEMSELVES DEEP !!!!! SIKHS DO NOT FORCE OTHERS !!!!! SIKHS SHARE WITH LOVE !!!!! IF OTHER FAITHS FORCE OTHERS WITH VIOLENCE ETC !!! KHALSA DESTROY THE DEMONS !!!!!

KHALSA IS PERFECTION !!!!! KHALSA IS TRUTH !!!!! KHALSA IS INFINITE !!!!! ONLY GURMAT IS PERFECT TRUTH !!!!!

SATNAAM !!! GUROO SAHIB ANG SANG !!!

CHARDHI KALA !!!

('Ridh/Sidh' -'Heavens/Hells' – 'Devis/Devtas' – Chauraasee Lakh Joon! ARE ALL REAL !!! BUT THEY ARE IN 'LIMBO')

People Who Even Compare Sikhi To The Other Faiths Are Foolish! The Other 'prophets' Are Not Even Equal To An Iota Of EACH OF OUR GUROO SAHIBHAANS !!!!! GET IT ?!?!?

ONLY GURMAT LEADS TO SUPREME TRUTH !!!!!

CHARDHI KALA !!!

I will not reply to your points for a few simple reasons. Although some points are justified (and i would like to reply back to them), most of your points I personally see as silly. Plus, until you can post with a certain level of decency without getting worked up (and using capital letters), I will not waste my time replying. You said that Sikhs share with love yet your back-chat type comments and clear sense of immaturity in your writing shows that you leave a lot to be desired.

Akaal!

I agree with your thinking.

:waheguru:Well thank you very much brother.

I appreciate that a lot

The biggest issue we as a community face is sikhs marrying into muslims thing is that is just a trick or form of manipulation they have been taught by some madrassas to convert sikhs mainly- many muslims hold a grudge still after 1947 and mess about with people like that- I know of peoples children out of these marriages they become extreme muslims or end up being whores and sluts, if not the victim is not turned into one or a drug addict or prostitue. Even in guru gobind singh time this was done and there are sau sakhis on this trickery and deciet. Guru Gobind Singh forbid sikhs to go after muslim women because the khalsa is higher then that and should not lower itself to others levels.

There a story of a sikh from sau sakhi of guru gobind singh that was forcefully circumcised and even raped by a muslim women he came back to guru gobind singh asked for forgiveness only asked if he enjoyed it and he did not- there stories even like sikhs being forced to eat halal meat and forced to pray and even have there beards cut all sorts of punishments. Sikh women were also in those time kidnapped forcefully raped and converted and even in 1947.

In the times of guru gobind singh sikhs would try free those women and other women slaves at 12 oclock at night barah waja. This women capture is now done with manipulation and most sikhs do not care in todays age. For those who do they end up inciting hatred and religious violence which is not the way of the khalsa - khalsa has satkar (respect) of other faiths- this was shown during khalsa raj some people wanted to go destroy mosques which were built and converted from hindu temples and retailate but sarkar khalsa did allow it- however the muslim priests in that time were closely watched and controlled- the call for prayer was banned and muslims were put into control during maharaja ranjit singhs time as muslims were notirous for inciting hatred and doing underhanded things.

There are muslim schools which teach boys to date rape, blackmail and convert muslim girls but whenever sikhs talk about it muslims say we are making up stuff and inciting hatred so people stop and the police can not do anything because there is no law specifically against converting people and those victims of rape and blackmail are scared and vulnerable to come forward in courts for evidence so people get away with it and carry on. It may be one girl or even guy now, but tommorow it could be your sister or daughter or mother. It is up to us alot to actually have the goverment shut down these schools and I am suprised with all the violence and gang fights sikhs get involved in no one has targetted these schools or teachers instead sikhs go after sikhs or random innocent people it is totally messed up. I personally advice a sikh to marry a sikh do not mess your life up or your families or children to come. We can also have newer laws created for better protection of people from such things.

"The Gurbani you have presented is stating that we must not discard these religious scriptures without even reading through them and seeing what they say" -

yet you completely contradict yourself as you clearly said in your previous post that these granths and scriptures were BANISHED!

Have you read Sri Chaupai Sahib da paat? They are Banished. Satguru ji says I don't follow any of these religious ways. Also read the Banished part in context of my post.

"If other religious scriptures were completely Akal Purakhs word, then Satguru ji would have not stated the above or even wrote Gurbani" -

clearly you have failed to grasp my thinking and you have failed to anylyse my comments because no one at all suggested that other scriptures were completely akal purakhs word!

When you state no religions are inferior then you are stating all religious text are the word of Akal Purakh.

"I'm ignore the hate comment because you clearly don't understand what is being said here" -

yes run away ...

Run away? I answered all of your post. You on the other hand don't make one comment on Bhagat Ji Bani after you got it wrong, or the Hukam i placed before you of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. Stop being immature.

"The soul is not separate from this world that does not get affected. A person becomes what he practices. The soul is directed affected by what the person practices. The soul turns false once the person continues on false paths. The soul in not eternal or untouchable" -

again, you have failed to keep track of my line of thought because no one said that a person doesnt become what he practices and no one said that the soul isnt directly affected by that the person practices.

The point im making is, hopefully you will see my train of thought this time, is that the soul does not have specifics.

The point you have made does not make sense because having specifics/not having specifics is not even apart of this discussion. The soul being affected by what you practice is. The soul that practices Islam will be colored with the Koran and the soul that practices Sikhi will be colored with Shabad Guru. This makes the soul that practices Koran not able to join with the soul that practices Shabad Guru because Shabad Guru says the path of the Koran is not true and teaches against the Koran. Hence two souls from different religions cannot join by the Anand Karaj. If you want a court marriage then by all means, its your right to do it.

All paths do lead to the supreme being and those who manage that from other religions (even though it is far harder), will ultimately join with a sikhs soul.

Singh, there is only one path. There is only one truth. No one gets a easy way out or someone gets a hard way out. Gurmat is the path and there is no others. There is no Hindu or Muslim or Christian or Jew or Sikh that says i don't have too take Amrit, but there is a Sikh. There is only the Sikh way of life that is accepted by the Akal Purakh. But people are deluded to believe there are many paths that contradict each other. This can't be because Akal Purakh is not deluded.

If other religions do not, then are you trying to tell me that Bhagat Kabir, Bhagat Ravidass and countless other non-sikh saints didnt reach Vaheguru? ... yet Maharaj saw their brahmgian and allowed them to write within Guru Granth Sahib?? ...

Read the Banis of these Bhagat and then tell me which religion they were from. They surely did not practice the religion of the Koran or the Vedas or the Bible or any other religious text. They sat down and read what came there way, but did not accept them as Satguru, which Gurbani say we need to realize Akal Purakh. Koran is not the satguru or the Vedas or any other Hindu religious text or the Bible. But Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the Satguru. After 1699 Sikhs of Akal Purakh are all ordered to take Amrit from the Punj Pyare. Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is not just for the Sikhs, but for all of humanity and the hukams are not discriminating against anyone.

"I know i took yout out of your comfort zone and your reacting out of anger and fustration, so take a deep breath and then reply" -

understand you really did not take me out of my comfort zone and you still havent. Dont kid yourself brother. I have not acted in any way out of anger and frustration, however i could very easily point that finger at you and accuse you of the same, judging by your completely uncalled for comment on Sri Bhagauti Sahib and Guru Granth Sahibs parkash in harmandir Sahib! ...

If you have not acted out of anger or frustration then thats good. The bit about Sri Bhaguati ji was to stress how wrong you were to say no religions are inferior.

I will not reply to your points for a few simple reasons. Although some points are justified (and i would like to reply back to them), most of your points I personally see as silly. Plus, until you can post with a certain level of decency without getting worked up (and using capital letters), I will not waste my time replying. You said that Sikhs share with love yet your back-chat type comments and clear sense of immaturity in your writing shows that you leave a lot to be desired.

Akaal!

Bloom got all of your points and showed them in a true light. It's not the different writing style that is a problem for you, but the lack of response from you.