Is Krishna The Most Supreme God Worshipped In Guru Granth Sahib Also ?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

There's a difference between Avtar of Akaal purakh and shakti given by akaal purakh (bhagoti) etc... Guru Nanak dev ji was Avtar of Akaalpurakh itself. Some say that all the devteh and devis are avtars of akaalpurakh as they uplifted dharam however thinking about it lets say Bhrama. If he was the avtar of akaalpurakh he wouldn't have been overcome by hankar and said hes rab himself, and later on he realized what he was doing was wrong and then wrote the Vedas in ustat of Akaalpurakh.

Only Five ji,

Then Can you please clarify my some doubts

1. Then why did Bhagat Naamdev ji, Bhagat Soordas ji, and other Bhagats recieved the Darshan of Shri krishna after doing So Jap and Tap.

2. Then why Vishnu had to take the avtaar of Narsinga to save prahlad but where as Gurbani says Ram Japo ji Aisa Aisa, Dhru Prahlad Japiyoo Har Jaise. beacuse all these Bhagats also recieved Vishnu Avtaars Darshan too.

3. Why Guru Gobind singh ji Maharaji on one side praising All these avtaars and on the other side telling 'Main Ganeshe Pritham Manao, Kishan,Bishan kabho na Dhaeyoo'

ਮਾਲੀ ਗਉੜਾ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤ ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਕੀ

maalee gourraa baanee bhagath naamadhaev jee kee

Maalee Gauraa, The Word Of Devotee Naam Dayv Jee:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਧਨਿ ਧੰਨਿ ਓ ਰਾਮ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਾਜੈ ॥

dhhan dhhann ou raam baen baajai ||

Blessed, blessed is that flute which the Lord plays.

10 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਮਧੁਰ ਮਧੁਰ ਧੁਨਿ ਅਨਹਤ ਗਾਜੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

madhhur madhhur dhhun anehath gaajai ||1|| rehaao ||

The sweet, sweet unstruck sound current sings forth. ||1||Pause||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਮੇਘਾ ਰੋਮਾਵਲੀ ॥

dhhan dhhan maeghaa romaavalee ||

Blessed, blessed is the wool of the sheep;

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਓਢੈ ਕਾਂਬਲੀ ॥੧॥

dhhan dhhan kirasan oudtai kaanbalee ||1||

blessed, blessed is the blanket worn by Krishna. ||1||

11 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਤੂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇਵਕੀ ॥

dhhan dhhan thoo maathaa dhaevakee ||

Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Dayvakee;

ਜਿਹ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ ॥੨॥

jih grih rameeaa kavalaapathee ||2||

into your home the Lord was born. ||2||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਬਨ ਖੰਡ ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨਾ ॥

dhhan dhhan ban khandd bindhraabanaa ||

Blessed, blessed are the forests of Brindaaban;

12 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਜਹ ਖੇਲੈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਨਾ ॥੩॥

jeh khaelai sree naaraaeinaa ||3||

the Supreme Lord plays there. ||3||

ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵੈ ਗੋਧਨੁ ਚਰੈ ॥

baen bajaavai godhhan charai ||

He plays the flute, and herds the cows;

ਨਾਮੇ ਕਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਆਨਦ ਕਰੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

naamae kaa suaamee aanadh karai ||4||1||

Naam Dayv's Lord and Master plays happily. ||4||1||

13 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਮੇਰੋ ਬਾਪੁ ਮਾਧਉ ਤੂ ਧਨੁ ਕੇਸੌ ਸਾਂਵਲੀਓ ਬੀਠੁਲਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

maero baap maadhho thoo dhhan kaesa saanvaleeou beethulaae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my Father, Lord of wealth, blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, my darling. ||1||Pause||

13 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਕਰ ਧਰੇ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਤੇ ਆਏ ਗਜ ਹਸਤੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਉਧਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

kar dhharae chakr baikunth thae aaeae gaj hasathee kae praan oudhhaareealae ||

You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Heaven, and saved the life of the elephant.

14 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਦੁਹਸਾਸਨ ਕੀ ਸਭਾ ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਅੰਬਰ ਲੇਤ ਉਬਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥੧॥

dhuhasaasan kee sabhaa dhropathee anbar laeth oubaareealae ||1||

In the court of Duhsaasan, You saved the honor of Dropati, when her clothes were being removed. ||1||

14 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਗੋਤਮ ਨਾਰਿ ਅਹਲਿਆ ਤਾਰੀ ਪਾਵਨ ਕੇਤਕ ਤਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

gotham naar ahaliaa thaaree paavan kaethak thaareealae ||

You saved Ahliyaa, the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across?

15 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਐਸਾ ਅਧਮੁ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਤਉ ਸਰਨਾਗਤਿ ਆਈਅਲੇ ॥੨॥੨॥

aisaa adhham ajaath naamadhaeo tho saranaagath aaeealae ||2||2||

Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dayv has come seeking Your Sanctuary. ||2||2||

15 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਸਭੈ ਘਟ ਰਾਮੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਰਾਮਾ ਬੋਲੈ ॥

sabhai ghatt raam bolai raamaa bolai ||

Within all hearts, the Lord speaks, the Lord speaks.

16 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਰਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋ ਬੋਲੈ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

raam binaa ko bolai rae ||1|| rehaao ||

Who else speaks, other than the Lord? ||1||Pause||

16 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਏਕਲ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੁੰਜਰ ਚੀਟੀ ਭਾਜਨ ਹੈਂ ਬਹੁ ਨਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥

eaekal maattee kunjar cheettee bhaajan hain bahu naanaa rae ||

Out of the same clay, the elephant, the ant, and the many sorts of species are formed.

17 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਅਸਥਾਵਰ ਜੰਗਮ ਕੀਟ ਪਤੰਗਮ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਨਾ ਰੇ ॥੧॥

asathhaavar jangam keett pathangam ghatt ghatt raam samaanaa rae ||1||

In stationary life forms, moving beings, worms, moths and within each and every heart, the Lord is contained. ||1||

17 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਏਕਲ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਰਾਖੁ ਅਨੰਤਾ ਅਉਰ ਤਜਹੁ ਸਭ ਆਸਾ ਰੇ ॥

eaekal chinthaa raakh ananthaa aour thajahu sabh aasaa rae ||

Remember the One, Infinite Lord; abandon all other hopes.

18 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਭਏ ਨਿਹਕਾਮਾ ਕੋ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਕੋ ਦਾਸਾ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੩॥

pranavai naamaa bheae nihakaamaa ko thaakur ko dhaasaa rae ||2||3||

Naam Dayv prays, I have become dispassionate and detached; who is the Lord and Master, and who is the slave? ||2||3||

19 Maalee Gaurhaa Saint Nam Dev

1. Then why did Bhagat Naamdev ji, Bhagat Soordas ji, and other Bhagats recieved the Darshan of Shri krishna after doing So Jap and Tap.

2. Then why Vishnu had to take the avtaar of Narsinga to save prahlad but where as Gurbani says Ram Japo ji Aisa Aisa, Dhru Prahlad Japiyoo Har Jaise. beacuse all these Bhagats also recieved Vishnu Avtaars Darshan too.

3. Why Guru Gobind singh ji Maharaji on one side praising All these avtaars and on the other side telling 'Main Ganeshe Pritham Manao, Kishan,Bishan kabho na Dhaeyoo'

Veer Ji,

Where did you get that information in points 1 and 2 from?

In Sri Dasam Granth, Guru Ji explains that Krishna is born and dies and there have been many Krishnas since time began. So, no, he isn't worshipped. His good qualities are praised however. In fact, In Chaubis Avtaar, Guru Ji makes it quite clear why we don't worship Krishna.

You have to place the above Shabad in context - best listen to Katha from Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji (on www.gurmatveechar.com) where they explain the shabad in depth.

Matheen statement is back up by Japji Sahib Ji.

kyqy pvx pwxI vYsMqr kyqy kwn mhys ]

kaethae pavan paanee vaisa(n)thar kaethae kaan mehaes ||

So many winds, waters, and fires, so many Krishnas and Shivas

kaethae pavan paanee vaisa(n)thar kaethae kaan mehaes ||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji told us that there were many Krishnas but told us to worship Akaal Purkh Vaheguru (the one and only true God)

PS. Does anybody know how to make Gurmukhi Script appear on your posts?

I agree with the points made by my learned brothers and sisters who say we have not been told to worship Krishna.

Has anyone read Mahabharata? I mean the full text? Before the battle against the Kauravas when Arjun loses his nerve and doesn't want to fight, Krishna has a one-to-one conversation with him which - if I remember correctly - is what is known today as the Bhagwad Gita. Has anyone seen the manner in which Krishna refers to himself in those verses? Its as if he believes he himself is the Creator - not just someone sent by God. Its very.....I don't know in-case I say something disrespectful but it comes across as if Krishna is saying "I am God".

Does anyone with greater knowledge on the subject know why he would speak in such a manner?

Kalyugi ji,

If Akal purakh speaks ' I am the Crator and I am the Supreme God' out from your body and your self is not even aware of it. What would you say to that.

Mansoor was hanged till death becuase when He was revealed by Akal purakh in his own Body; he said' Aun Al Haq, Aun Al Haq'(I am the God). When Revleation of Akal Purakh happens in Human Body; that body is not just what we see(Physical body), it becomes shabad saroop from inside even though when when we look at the saroops of Guru nanak Dev ji, And other Patshahis- it is not just the Physical body but also the Braham Saroop or Shabad Saroop in it for which we require special eyes. that is why Arjun was the one who was able to see the Nirankar jot in Krishna when Kirshna revealed his mighty saroop in mahabarata even though they were others also in the Kurukshetra feild, only Arjun saw that saroop. Arjun was also the shreast bhagat of Krishna because of his Previous Bhagti, Naam bandagi.

Kalyugi ji,

If Akal purakh speaks ' I am the Crator and I am the Supreme God' out from your body and your self is not even aware of it. What would you say to that.

That isn't going to happen from out of my body. :D

Seriously, I take your point but Krishna was uttering such statements as "I am the Beginning, The End, The Light, The Sun...". No human being describes himself in such a way. For example, Guru Nanak Dev Ji never exalted himself to such lofty heights.

Such words are only suitable to describe God. So are you saying that the Creator was speaking through Krishna, and Krishna was not referring to himself (i.e. an incarnation of Vishnu) in such terms? How can we be sure that Vishnu didn't get "over-excited" and began thinking he was the One?

If Krishna later said "That wasn't me talking. I was channelling God", then fair enough.

Even Prophet Mohammad said' Aun Al Huq'(I am God) in his Sangat. Sangat asked Prohet Mohammed ' Mohammad Sahibji, you have told us strictly, 'Nobody should prclaim himself as God and whosoever proclaim should be Killed; and we heard you saying AUn Al Haq( I Am god' what should be done. Mohammed Prohet Replied,' Cut my Head if i proclaim again'.

Next time Prophet Mohammed again said,' Aun Al Haq(I am God), the few followers(such followers are found in every sangat who try to test Even Satguru) told that Prophet had instructed that if He proclaims himself God, His Head should be Cut. Lets cut his Head. When One of the Follower draw and sword and try to cut the Head, the Sword just passed between the Neck(Fully Passed the body') and nothing happened to Prophet Mohammed; not even single cut and not even single Shot of Blood. Later when Prophet Moahmmad out of his Samadhi, Followers asked' Mohammed Sahib ji, We did the same thing you told us; i.e to cut the head if the Proclaim myself God again but nothing happened to you.

Prophet Mohammed Replied,' That was not me in my body, that was indeed the Allah Speaking from me'

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Even Prophet Mohammad said' Aun Al Huq'(I am God) in his Sangat. Sangat asked Prohet Mohammed ' Mohammad Sahibji, you have told us strictly, 'Nobody should prclaim himself as God and whosoever proclaim should be Killed; and we heard you saying AUn Al Haq( I Am god' what should be done. Mohammed Prohet Replied,' Cut my Head if i proclaim again'.

Next time Prophet Mohammed again said,' Aun Al Haq(I am God), the few followers(such followers are found in every sangat who try to test Even Satguru) told that Prophet had instructed that if He proclaims himself God, His Head should be Cut. Lets cut his Head. When One of the Follower draw and sword and try to cut the Head, the Sword just passed between the Neck(Fully Passed the body') and nothing happened to Prophet Mohammed; not even single cut and not even single Shot of Blood. Later when Prophet Moahmmad out of his Samadhi, Followers asked' Mohammed Sahib ji, We did the same thing you told us; i.e to cut the head if the Proclaim myself God again but nothing happened to you.

Prophet Mohammed Replied,' That was not me in my body, that was indeed the Allah Speaking from me'

Do you have any proofs . Today's Islam is a kind of monotheism which says - Allah sits on seventh heaven , no one can become Allah and that best you can do is get an eternal seat in heaven ...

Kalyugi ji,

Bhai Sahib, have you read Chaubis Avtaar by Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

It will clear all your misconceptions.