Is Krishna The Most Supreme God Worshipped In Guru Granth Sahib Also ?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Lol i stopped at services on the way to london and this hare krishna hippy approaches me offering a free copy of the gita. I kindly declined. He then went on to tell me krishna wore a turban as i do, i smiled and let him blab since i cant say ive ever met the blue man. But then he came out with, "guru nanak worshipped lord krishna". At this point i was fuming. I explained to this bandar how misinformed he was but he had none of it. Instead he had the audacity to question where i had read this from! What i said after this, i dont think i can post here...

Lol i stopped at services on the way to london and this hare krishna hippy approaches me offering a free copy of the gita. I kindly declined. He then went on to tell me krishna wore a turban as i do, i smiled and let him blab since i cant say ive ever met the blue man. But then he came out with, "guru nanak worshipped lord krishna". At this point i was fuming. I explained to this bandar how misinformed he was but he had none of it. Instead he had the audacity to question where i had read this from! What i said after this, i dont think i can post here...

One of them approached me at the local pharmacy. And told me that he was from a land far away (82 km) was a Brahmchari (I could understand that) and was looking for donations (who isn't?) and was also looking for a Mr. Singh (I couldn't see any other Singhs around other than him and me in the mirror). Than he tried telling me about this great book he had in his hands (essence of the Vedas etc) I told him I had to go to the bank and he had the audacity to ask for a donation of $10-$100. That my friend is today's religion. Out on the street and making cash. Amen!

One of them approached me at the local pharmacy. And told me that he was from a land far away (82 km) was a Brahmchari (I could understand that) and was looking for donations (who isn't?) and was also looking for a Mr. Singh (I couldn't see any other Singhs around other than him and me in the mirror). Than he tried telling me about this great book he had in his hands (essence of the Vedas etc) I told him I had to go to the bank and he had the audacity to ask for a donation of $10-$100. That my friend is today's religion. Out on the street and making cash. Amen!

Aim of the game: $$$

Money hai toh honey hai...

This is stupid. Guru Ji tells us to worship the creator NOT the creation. Krishna was a creation therefore should not be worshiped. Yes Krishna is a name attributed to the creator, just as Allah, Ram, Vaheguru, God etc... the list is endless. All these depictions of gods/goddesses are of creations. The creator is formless and has no image. Tell this to the Hare Krishna guys who are worshiping false blue guy and going straight into re-incarnation.

As you mentioned the message of Bhagavad Gita is very simple: We are all Sat Chit Ananada in essence. We are eternal parts and parcels of the Supreme. Our eternal constitution is to offer service unto the Supreme and re-form our loving relationship with Him. When our relationship is perfected out of pure love for the Supreme, we may be admitted back home to Godhead.

Haribol Nitaigaur!

Does Krishna worship the most supreme god, also worshipped by the gurus? Yes.

Does krishna wish to take human form and receive amrit from the hands of Guru Gobind Singh? Yes.

Does the average Singh have more virtue than the lifeless idol you created? Yes.

Should you become a Singh? Only if you're up to it. Das is not judgemental but if the RSS and not the land puts food on your table, I would say no.

edit - The other thing 'hindus' don't mention is that they all worship warriors. Krishna was Chandravanshi Ram suryavanshi.

Sikhs are warriors, just because they worship our fathers/brothers doesn't mean we should! Lol.

I've only gotten Christians at my door, well my parents.. I see the hari krishna people (who actually killed their own swami and the whites took control) I just give a look like, stay quiet if you want to leave with your life.

Never been bothered. :D

Other thing is, bramins created hinduism along with British (in modern sense) these people from older yugs were all Sikhs.

Krishna, Arjun, Ram all followed ksythria dharam which is what we follow. Obviously it became corrupted over time but the House of Nanak came and brought the true light back.

The only reason those money grubbing types can't handle it, is because the world is not an illusion to them and they are trying to buy out death/being cowardly.

ਖਾਲਿਸਤਾਨ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਾਬਾਦ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Does Krishna worship the most supreme god, also worshipped by the gurus? Yes.

Who do you say Krishna worships and where does it say this?

Does krishna wish to take human form and receive amrit from the hands of Guru Gobind Singh? Yes.

Can you explain this a bit more? Or are you just speculating?

Does the average Singh have more virtue than the lifeless idol you created? Yes.

It is best for one not to make disrespectful comments about something one is not knowledgeable of...

I will make one more comment~ Not everyone following the same (or similar) path is of the same character, knowledge, or heart. One can probably notice this in 'so call Christian's' who believe in Jesus but do not necessarily practice what he taught. This does not mean that all Christians are following the wrong path, or that all Christian's are bad people only looking to condemn others to 'hell'. What we teach is essentially what Sikhs teach, love for God. This is also what Jesus taught. It is also true that many following the 'Hare Krsna movement' are often seen out in public soliciting donations...but there are also many who chant the names of Krsna but do not go begging for money. The point I'm trying to make here is that like how Christianity has many different 'denominations' or variations in ways of living, so to do those who chant. We do not call ourselves 'Hindu' because we are not. We do not shave our heads or wear orange robes. We simply try to lead a life of Ahimsa, while keeping the Supreme Lord in mind in all of our daily activities.

Thank you for taking time with my foolish questions, and lengthy comment. I am a fallen soul searching for the nectar that will satisfy us all.

Haribol!

• 2 years later...
On 2/3/2011 at 11:06 PM, VanHelsingh said:

I agree with the points made by my learned brothers and sisters who say we have not been told to worship Krishna.

Has anyone read Mahabharata? I mean the full text? Before the battle against the Kauravas when Arjun loses his nerve and doesn't want to fight, Krishna has a one-to-one conversation with him which - if I remember correctly - is what is known today as the Bhagwad Gita. Has anyone seen the manner in which Krishna refers to himself in those verses? Its as if he believes he himself is the Creator - not just someone sent by God. Its very.....I don't know in-case I say something disrespectful but it comes across as if Krishna is saying "I am God".

Does anyone with greater knowledge on the subject know why he would speak in such a manner?

I do not possess greater knowledge, but the simple knowledge tells me, it is like a a municipality mayor talking of his "authority" to a common person...but that does make him an Emperor(Kul Malik Wahiguru), from Whom, he derives all his temporal authority.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 22/9/2016 at 5:47 AM, Preeet said:

our dharam teaches us to realize this, and do simran to understand that Sri Paramatman Sahib ji is everywhere and anywhere

On 22/9/2016 at 5:47 AM, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

There is no place in this universe where Sri Paramatman Sahib ji does not pervade ((as such a place would not exist)(how can something exist without having Sri Paramatman Sahib ji, what shakti is there capable to be separate from Sri Paramatman Sahib ji & do what they like without hukam?)), so our dharam teaches us to realize this, and do simran to understand that Sri Paramatman Sahib ji is everywhere and anywhere,

Nice post Preeet Pen Jee.

Congrats.

From your post, the highlighted sentence, is the key, for firstly self realization, and secondly God realization.

This is the unique beauty and real value of Sikhee.

Sat Sree Akal.