Bibis Looking Like Muslims

Guest gupt

Gurfateh sadhsangat

First things first I really respect the bibia that are so close to mahraj and don't care in the least about the public opinion of them and cover their head in Guru Sahib's hukam.

However, daas' request is please instead of patka with joora at the back of the head, please where a Dastar which is the true crown of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj's Kaurs. The idea is that we should not be confused for any religion other than Sikh, however many times when I see a bibi outside with a patka I can not tell if she is a muslim or a Sikh. When I see a bibi outside with no head covering, then she could be pretty much any religion lol. It is my humble request that we should not be wearing religious articles which are identical to those of other faiths, especially when Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj has given the dastaar to both men and women so that you are always represnting the Guru's roop.

Let alone when outside in the world, but even in the Gurdwara, say for example when a patka is worn with a chunni over it, or even a chunni over a keski which is totally flat due to the joora being at the back of the head, the appearance is almost identical to that of a muslim bibi.

I have noticed even the way some bibi wear just chunni on its own, eg. bibi ashupreet kaur and jatha look like muslims 100% sorry to say.

For this reason it is my request to all bibia and singhs on the path, please wear one of the gurmat dastars (gurmukhi dastar, dumalla, gol dastar, keski etc) in gurmat colour (blue,black,white, yellow/orange), and with joora not too backwards on the head i.e.it should be tied at the top/centre of the head, then you will be dressed in the distinct manner of a son or daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharj. Also with or without a chunni you will still look distinctly Sikh. Please look like a son or daughter of Guru Maharaj, not of Mohammed or of a Hindu(Who has a bare head).

Bhull chukk maaf if I have offended anyone, as that was not my intention, this post was not meant to be a judgment of anyone, but it was written out of love for Guru Mahraj, the panth (my sisters in that panth) and Guru's roop. I just want to see this panth of ours to flourish, and also to never miss saying Fateh to any Gursikh I see in public especially not because I couldn't tell if they were Sikh or not.

And definetly if you do cover your head for Sikhi, whether that be with patka or whatever please don't stop. I'm just humbly requesting the sangat to move on to dastar/keski now.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh jio

Guest paneer monster

muslim girls have started to wear headwear that resembles a dastaar, then they wear there hijab over it....

you can see this in and around central london.

yh the thing they wear under hijaab is a turkish fashion so their head doesnt look flat i wear chunni over dastaar. i have muslims talk to me because they think i am muslim.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PGM5komqCws/Sj-ZNvhR3bI/AAAAAAAAIbI/HeX5EPBj9dM/s400/Turkish+hijab.jpg

heres an example

although most people even desis/sikhs think i am muslim lol i dont like that they are so unaware of it but i would never stop wearing chunni over dastaar just because i want people to distinguish me from muslim girls.

lol me my sis and a friend always get looks from muslims because we show skin (short sleeves)

chunni over dastar is sick

maibhago-2.jpg

and it shud be wore when bibia go out and gurghars but I agree 100 percent with original poster, BIBI Ashupreet Jatha is the example which I personally felt many times when I saw her.

I cant imagine a BiBi With keski alone doing Kirtan :o

chunni is must to have but dastar shud also be visible.

I am not saying not to wear chunni, in fact I think chunni is very important to wear, however when doing so the dastar worn must be a proper one. I too have seen such muslims headwear as in the picture however a properly tied dastar where the joora is more to the front and not slanting back could not be mistaken for that muslim headdress.

The other thing that can help is to only wear gurmat colours such as blue, white,yellow/orange or black for dastar, chunni and clothing. However I think especially for bibia wearing all black, especially black keski with black chunni gives more of a muslim look in these days, so the other three colours are better. Most of the muslim clothing is either fully black or if it is one of those big muslim headdresses they tend to wear multicoloured scarves with patterns, so wearing plain chunni in a khalsa colour can help to distinguish even further. bhul chukk maaf.

eg. i think the following could not be mistaken for muslims even though they are wearing a chunni as the keski underneath has been tied properly with the joora at the TOP/CENTRE of the head.

(random images from google)

Bibi+Bhupinder+Kaur+Ji+Rain+Sabai+at+Rakab+Ganj.jpg

3974887457_2a5bd7c591.jpg

and without chunni

lavaan.jpg

Guest Guest

lol me my sis and a friend always get looks from muslims because we show skin (short sleeves)

Gursikh bibia should also dress respectfully and not in a revealing manner.

Whether or not people want to wear a chunni over their dastar is not very important, the key is wearing a dastar and acting, speaking and dressing properly.

chunni over dastar is sick

maibhago-2.jpg

and it shud be wore when bibia go out and gurghars but I agree 100 percent with original poster, BIBI Ashupreet Jatha is the example which I personally felt many times when I saw her.

I cant imagine a BiBi With keski alone doing Kirtan :o

chunni is must to have but dastar shud also be visible.

Why? Whats the importance of a chunni?

Guest Guest

Dupatta or Chunni over Dastaar looks graceful and feminine.

Frankly without chunni girls look like Tomboys (which is not at all attractive).

Guest sc,jgav hjk

I agree that singhnia need to start wearing dastaars not patke or chunnia, Guru Arjan Dev ji maharaj wrote Baavan Akhree for Mata Ganga ji and told them to wear a dastaar, it's also important for us.

Chunnia = impractical :) and unnecessary as your head's already covered

With all due respect bhaji, you have probably never worn a chunni (I hope not anyway :p) so you may not fully understand why so many of us choose to wear chunnia over our dastaars :)

All I'm going to say is that a chunni provides a little more modesty than usual which is unfortunately required these days. It can be worn "khilaar keh" a bit like a shawl which keep us covered up and makes me personally feel a lot more comfortable.