Please Do Not Vote!

Ek0sikh

EKOSIKH....to encourage people not to vote is a sad reflection on your lack of intelligence?

Surely even a uneducated character the likes of you - appreciates that The best mechanism we currentley have in place is the election process?

what do you suggest a prized raffel prehaps?:BL:

being educated doesn't mean you start voting for people who can stand and AFFORD to spend money on elections or in meetings where even liquor is served. all the parties spent huge amounts in printing those coloured and good quality leaflets but that money could have spent is publishing Sikh literature for preaching Gurus teachings.

Being educated means that you realise the unnecessary expenditure that incurs on gurdwaras budget and the money collected through pious donations. But people like you will not understand this as you interpret this the other way around.

Elections are fair when fair people are contesting. all I am saying is that -all the three parties are not honest in their approach towards our religious institution. all the deadly sins are playing their part- greed, pride, ego, cheating and lying etc. people like you are bound to get influenced by so called election process.

all important decisions in the gurdwara should be made by tyaar par tyaar gursikhs representing the panj piyare (guru roop)

members from the sangat should then volunteer to take different responsibilities in the gurdwara (accounting, langar, maintenance, youth resources etc...)

the panj piyare then choose volunteers ensuring that after a while they are rotated so that gurdwara positions wont be abused

Currently, the election process favours rich and socially powerful people, who look like they are just running in the elections to boost their ego

u can have loads of piyaar for sikhi and do loads of seva, but in these kinds of elections nobody will vote for you

one thing i have noticed with panjabis voting is that they mostly do loyalty votes

most panjabis dont really care about manifestos, those are all formalities for them

they vote for pind vale, relatives, friends, people with the same surname :( .... (im sure you have seen the leaflets and posters, almost all of them have written their surnames),

they usually dont vote for the people who will be best for the gurdwara and for sikhi parchar

if you dont believe me, i urge to to speak to people who are voting and ask them who they are voting for and why

dont be surprised if they dont recall the manifestos

only issue with the panj piaare idea is how will they be picked

gurmatta, perhaps?

in case you are wondering why sohi is standing again

its because he has a family to feed, and its good to purchase properties atm

bhul chuk maaf

To ask people not to vote is just the silliest suggestion I have seen on a thread the ONLY POWER that you have in democratic country is the power of a vote if you dont vote you dont have a say what your effectively saying is dont turn up and make a choice based on your own judgement but let someone else on forum who may have an agenda decide not to let YOU VOTE.

The exact reason Libyans are standing up and egyptians are standing up is the right vote for a fair election.

WJKKWJKF

Obviously Libyans won't vote for Gaddafi if he is standing in the elections.

here we have three Gaddafi's - who will you vote for? Check their parties records...all of them are fighting for GOLAK and control over the KURSI....

I am asking you to vote in favour of making small action groups of responsible, educated and CRB cleared sikhs who can volunteer to share their expertise in the benefit of the whole community.

I understand where Ek0sikh veerji is coming from but I have to agree with other members that 'not voting' is quite a silly idea and shows a lack of understanding in the voting process. It would be impossible to get all the sangat to boycott the election, and whoever has the most votes will win, even if only 10 people voted the group with the most votes would win.

I think the best thing to do is to use your vote wisely and vote for the group that you most believe in. For me, I personally like the group that has talked about accountability and transparency, in all of the history of Southall Sikh Sangat 1699 is the only group that has focused on making the committee accountable to the Sangat, which I think is really important. 

I am protesting these elections where all CHORS are up against each other. I am already distributing leaflets and urging people NOT to participate in this DODGY process whereby people elected will misuse their status and power and haver done that in the past.

We (alongwith my sikh brothers) want to ask all the parties to give-up their positions and instead ask voluntary action group to be formed with all responsible intelligent educated and honest individuals. There can a set criteria for the people who want to join in those action groups e.g. CRB clearance, good education etc.

I will be protesting outside the polling area. Please join me if you want to show your support.

I am protesting these elections where all CHORS are up against each other. I am already distributing leaflets and urging people NOT to participate in this DODGY process whereby people elected will misuse their status and power and haver done that in the past.

We (alongwith my sikh brothers) want to ask all the parties to give-up their positions and instead ask voluntary action group to be formed with all responsible intelligent educated and honest individuals. There can a set criteria for the people who want to join in those action groups e.g. CRB clearance, good education etc.

I will be protesting outside the polling area. Please join me if you want to show your support.

Please wake up from your day-dreaming and come back to reality. Who decides the voluntary groups make up, the Sangat ??. Who decides who is in the management committee-the sangat, by voting.

If you want to make a change, then you have to be involved in the system, or get enough support (sangat power) to change the system.

@ DECIPHERA - You're in no position to act high and mighty, my friend. You've been hovering around these election threads like a bad smell for the past few days. Same goes for your counterparts too. How much are you getting paid for your activism? Or is it seva?

All you online "representatives" for the respective candidates are as bad as each other, spreading your propaganda on these forums. Its embarrassing to read day-after-day, each side slandering the other. I look forward to you, Deciphera, becoming an active contributor to this website when your elections are over, although I highly doubt that because you'll be off like a shot when the results are in, never to be seen on here again.

I'm surprised that someone from the younger generation such as yourself, has allowed him/herself to get drawn into these age-old Gurudwara political machinations. You should be a force for change - NOT representing these greedy pensioners who slander each other whilst hiding behind the faith, pretending to do good.

So, why don't YOU, Deciphera, become a candidate? You obviously have ties to the area. I (thank my lucky stars) live nowhere near Southall so I could care less what you cretins get up to down there.

Carry on - you and your opponents can argue with each other till kingdom come. Nobody is paying any notice. I hope your 30 pieces are worth it.

I agree with Kaljugi why on earth would you want to lose the only voice you have go to all three candidates and ask them to sign declarations in return for your vote and the vote of your family and friends and ask to be included in the decision making process.

DO NOT like anybody suggests not turn up for voting a vote is a democratic right and so much nindya about them being thieves only God can judge them if any are thieves let their conscious punish them especially in the house of God.

A gurdwara is a place of worship and a gurdwara as beautiful as that one has taken a community passion and leadership to build I feel if all three can be encouraged to sit down together and reach a resolution that no matter who wins this is for the good of the community we all win no matter who we vote for.

THINK ABOUT THIS - who are the only people to benefit from internal gurdwaras trouble its certainly not the Sangat or the Sikhs who lose respect for our leaders and Sikh temples because of these kinds of arguments

Making trouble and protesting in a house of God in my mind is causing the atmosphere of a holy place to become polluted so we should all think about Guru Ji before we argue in their presence why would you want to argue on a place that is made for solitude and contemplation for our children and the future of mankind

@ DECIPHERA - You're in no position to act high and mighty, my friend. You've been hovering around these election threads like a bad smell for the past few days. Same goes for your counterparts too. How much are you getting paid for your activism? Or is it seva?

All you online "representatives" for the respective candidates are as bad as each other, spreading your propaganda on these forums. Its embarrassing to read day-after-day, each side slandering the other. I look forward to you, Deciphera, becoming an active contributor to this website when your elections are over, although I highly doubt that because you'll be off like a shot when the results are in, never to be seen on here again.

I'm surprised that someone from the younger generation such as yourself, has allowed him/herself to get drawn into these age-old Gurudwara political machinations. You should be a force for change - NOT representing these greedy pensioners who slander each other whilst hiding behind the faith, pretending to do good.

So, why don't YOU, Deciphera, become a candidate? You obviously have ties to the area. I (thank my lucky stars) live nowhere near Southall so I could care less what you cretins get up to down there.

Carry on - you and your opponents can argue with each other till kingdom come. Nobody is paying any notice. I hope your 30 pieces are worth it.

Kaljugi! i will keep this short simple and to the point! i am glad ive abviously rattled your cage. Quite a long determined criticism of me. Well done and thanks.

you again have not made any conclusive, factual or relevant points, as with most of your errand boys on here?

i admit this is just a bit of banter for me and evidently i dont come onto this website often, however and i believe regardless of timing, an individual should be able to regardless of his associations or opinions, be allowed to constructively and truthfully make honest and valid points for something he feels passionate about, in this case the sikh institution, a fair democracy and the fair, honest, truthful refelction of events characters members presidents PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE!

i have simply in my reading comments made, Prior to my own, corrected, ridiculed and pointed out the persons whom i feel have quoted unsubstantiated claims, total cocadoodle do??

this is a free service, involuntary on my behalf and i am really glad that youve had the time and patient to read my previous comments and then duly respond.

If you , which you obviously do, thought you claim you dont- have time to read my comments relative to the others you will find generally they are humourous but factual and bias and if they do come across somewhat condesending this is purely for entertainment purposes. however to deal with certain immoral personalities on here one requires oneself to enact a certain level of uncharacteristic traits.

in english for the umpteenth time all i ask is for people not to lie, judge or make stupid and naive comments and i will happily have if needed constructive dialogue. this applies to you since you quoted "So, why don't YOU, Deciphera, become a candidate", " NOT representing these greedy pensioners who slander each other whilst hiding behind the faith, pretending to do good."

please kaljguji( what a name) wise up, grow up and get with it....i will pray for you to be blessed with some intelligence. please dont make the simple school boy error of stating, " I (thank my lucky stars) live nowhere near Southall so I could care less what you cretins get up to down there." your very participation confirms this to the contrary you pradantic imbecile.....:p