Kirtan Sohila Questions

Gurfateh ,

I have a few questions that I was wishing the Sangat could answer. Me being not so bright, do not know the answer to these.

Is the Bani called Sohlia or Kitran Sohila?

I heard that we should face our pillow when recieting the Parth. Is there a reason why?

I also heard (but i think this one maybe false) that we should not recite Mool Mantar after. Reading online i found this one

Pul Chuk Maaf

Thanks

From the best of my knowledge it's kirtan sohila and no, you're not "supposed" to recite while facing your pillow. Recite it with concentration and then sleep.
I heard the exact opposite, that you are supposed to sit cross-legged and facing your pillow while reciting it. And yes, its Sohila Sahib. Oh well, just do it! :)

I heard the exact opposite, that you are supposed to sit cross-legged and facing your pillow while reciting it. And yes, its Sohila Sahib. Oh well, just do it! :)

For some reason I imagined facing your pillow meaning face into the pillow haha. Yeah criss-cross legs helps you concentrate, but I don't think there is a specific way to do it, like you said just do it. tongue.gif

The reason you are supposed to face your pillow is because that is where your head rests. If you speak towards where your feet rest it is disrespectful to the bani

Completely disagreed.

If you are sleeping in a jungle with a group of Singhs all around you, according to your logic, it would be disrespectful to recite Kirtan Sohila in any direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
On 8/21/2021 at 4:12 PM, Singh375 said:

kirtan sohila.jpg

Vaheguru.

I am a moorakh. Can you give more information on the 4 Rakhya de Shabad where can i find the shabad audio all together and this is recited before Kirtan Sohila? 

At Guru's Ghar they do Kirtan Sohila followed by Ardas then Sukhasan

Bhul chuf maaf

VJJK VJKF

17 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Can you give more information on the 4 Rakhya de Shabad where can i find the shabad audio all together and this is recited before Kirtan Sohila?

Yes these 4 rakhya i.e protection shabad are read before kirtan sohila. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLb0BzlGy2U

17 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

At Guru's Ghar they do Kirtan Sohila followed by Ardas then Sukhasan

that’s just whenever sukhasan of sggs ji is performed

But our individual Nitnem kirtan sohila before bed should include the 4 shabads