Caste Wars - Ego-Sikhs Are An Easy Target Because Many Still Are Backwards And Think They Are Born Better?

SikhWorldTv

They are just making the types of songs usually made about/by Jatts in my view.

If one group can do it, are we really surprised that another does as well?

Besides, it can easily be explained as a reaction to systematic discrimination and bad attitude these lot have been on the receiving end of for a long, long time and that our lot have been playing down or ignoring.

Hopefully Panjab society will be flatter soon and existing status quos dismantled. A fight seems inevitable. Some people have been warning of this for YEARS and still our people never listened and carried on acting oppressively with no shame.

Apay beej, apay hee kaho.

They are just making the types of songs usually made about/by Jatts in my view. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

If one group can do it, are we really surprised that another does as well?

Your lack of comprehension skills are quite scary Dal Singh. You seem to be obsessed / on a mission to blame 'jatts' for everything and anything. Its a good job you wern't in charge of the the investigation into the Great fire of London as I'm pretty sure you would have blamed that on the jatts too.

Look we've been through all this before but you refuse to listen. You've closed your ears and your mind when it comes to this subject. Little over a week ago you said the same thing as above. Then, i gave you a list of singers that have sung songs about the jatts and 90% of them were non-jatts. I gave you the origin of bhangra in which non-jatt mirasis visited rural Punjab at basakhi time and not only sung songs about jatts but the baazigars (non-jatts) with them,mimicked the farming movements of the jatts in order to come up with a brand new dance ; bhangra. Then, I also gave you details of how much of the songs of today actually contain lyrics / words written by the great sufi (non-jatt)poets of yesteryear.....The stories that make up the epics of Punjabi literature such as heer ranjha....mirza sahiban etc etc......lyrics about jatts.

None....absolutely none of this is the fault of the jatts. None....absolutely none of this is the jatts bigging themselves up on some superiority crusade. It is simply the fact of the literary, music and social landscape of the history of Punjab. You can't distort history in order to turn it on its head and claim that it is the jatts themselves that have been doing it. The chamars can't distort history in order to justify why they're now doing something that has no historical fact to back it up.

I urge you to knowledge yourself up Dal Singh. Get some knowledge. Any knowledge. When you do you'll find some great insights into our own history as sikhs too. I'll give you 2 examples to set you off : Firstly, when Waris Shah wrote his epic 'Heer Ranjha' and made the story about 2 groups of jatt clans he did so not because he was in awe of jatts. In fact, as historical records show, he actually had some prejudice of Sikhs. When he wrote it, he stated that it was an extraordinary time in punjab when 'sikhs' were taking over....both militarily and politicaly. The Sikh misls in power, because they were jatt, became the launchpad for Waris Shah to base his story about jatts.

Secondly, much of our early history as Sikhs is actually to be found in the Persian language, written by observers from Iran. Many of those early Sikh accounts written by persians substitute the word 'sikh' with the word 'jatt'. In the historical accounts they repeatedly say 'jatt' whenever they mean 'sikh'.

So...history is something that should be respected.....not distorted in order to justify your own prejudices.

Forgeting the song, what really irritates me is these kind of singers cut their hair, beard and then put sikhi in their song (just like in this guys last paragraph)....what hathyaar is he talking about...one Nihang singh phoonk will make him fly away.....People like him and many other singers get away from Sikhi by cuiting their hair and then they claim themselves to be lions.....

Guru Nanak ji told us we are all one.....and if any sikh believes he is a jat, papee, ramgrahri or chamyaar....they should know that they arent sikh...if u dont follow the 1st building block, then how do u expect to be in that religion.

Sorry for starting my reply like above...just got hyper after the song and wanted to type alot......But it is high time sikhs get united....why are we soo seperated when Guru ji is still with us (Guru Granth Sahib ji).....all those separting us should be ashamed of themselves....

And for this guy singing...i dont know if Chmayaar are alot in Punjab, but most probly he put that word as a marketing thing to get all the chamyaars to buy it....same with Jat songs etc.....but all its doing its encouraging separation

Forgeting the song, what really irritates me is these kind of singers cut their hair, beard and then put sikhi in their song (just like in this guys last paragraph)....what hathyaar is he talking about...one Nihang singh phoonk will make him fly away.....People like him and many other singers get away from Sikhi by cuiting their hair and then they claim themselves to be lions.....

Guru Nanak ji told us we are all one.....and if any sikh believes he is a jat, papee, ramgrahri or chamyaar....they should know that they arent sikh...if u dont follow the 1st building block, then how do u expect to be in that religion.

Sorry for starting my reply like above...just got hyper after the song and wanted to type alot......But it is high time sikhs get united....why are we soo seperated when Guru ji is still with us (Guru Granth Sahib ji).....all those separting us should be ashamed of themselves....

And for this guy singing...i dont know if Chmayaar are alot in Punjab, but most probly he put that word as a marketing thing to get all the chamyaars to buy it....same with Jat songs etc.....but all its doing its encouraging separation

LOL most nihangs of these days are in no better shape and have little room to talk. Purataan nihangs are a whole different story.

Also another clarification I think we need to make is these clans are just that... clans. Not castes. Just like you have different arab tribes, kurdish tribes, pashtun tribes.. what we have in punjab is conglomeration of different tribes/clans. And nobody is higher or lesser than anyone else. Only uneducated view it as castes probably because of bahman influence on them.

If there is any place in India where so called 'lower castes' are going to assert themselves and fight discrimination, you just know it's going to be Panjab. Land of the gareeb niwas.

Here's to change - hopefully towards a flatter, less hierarchical society.

We've been ignoring the flagrant hypocrisy regarding our egalitarian principles for too long. Seeing as we wont willingly face up to this, I guess being forced to is the only other option.

lol

Let chammars and jats fight until they learn to treat each other as equals.