Caste Wars - Ego-Sikhs Are An Easy Target Because Many Still Are Backwards And Think They Are Born Better?

SikhWorldTv

If we all become Khalsa, no one cares what anyone's goth is, all that matters is that we are Sikhs.

What about the ground realities of many people who are Khalsa (Amritdhari) and yet still latch on to caste identity? So we are talking the majority from back home. How many of our parents do this.

This has gone beyond talks along idealistic notions now. That simply hasn't worked in Sikh society frankly. How long have we had to sort this out amicably.

There probably is no other option left other than a ground level shake up. And yes, it probably will be bloody and messy, This is exactly what people predicted throughout all of the long years of a denial of widespread casteism taking place amongst us. Some dark hearted dogs still try the denial game now.

The people who need condemning in all this are the 'Sikhs' who've created some man made hierarchy and have tried to sit on some imaginary apex looking down on, and frankly treating those they perceive as beneath them as a lesser species, not worthy of respect. If a Panjabi has any backbone, he will resist this, regardless of his caste, religion etc.

There probably is no other option left other than a ground level shake up. And yes, it probably will be bloody and messy...

The problem is that it's usually the downtrodden or those unable to defend themselves, who become the victims of such conflicts. None of the 'brave' go after anyone at the top. It's always those who are wallowing in the dirt that are targetted because they can't fight back.

This is exactly what people predicted throughout all of the long years of a denial of widespread casteism taking place amongst us....

You have to wonder whether Guru Gobind Singh Ji foresaw such times, and that was one of the reasons he wanted to unite us under one umbrella.

these are the same people who complain when they are called a 'chamar' yet they sing about it themselves ...clowns

I think they'd argue that they're reclaiming the term, much like black people would have us believe with n*****.

By using the word 'chamaar' in a "positive" sense, they're disassociating the term with the negative connotations that have long been attached to the word.

Ever since i have been a kid, whenever i have read anything about Sikhi whether it be a book as a child or a more academic write up of today.

You always come across the view that the Gurus abolished the caste system when reading up or talking with Sikhs. My question is Did the Gurus really abolish the caste system or judging by the state of todays Sikhs they didn't do a really good job of it. What i find strange is we like to promote Sikhism as like an "anti- cast" society to the wider world, but for the most part have some what of an apathy to dealing with the issue, blaming another caste for the problem is not going to help the cause, thats for sure.

Ever since i have been a kid, whenever i have read anything about Sikhi whether it be a book as a child or a more academic write up of today.

You always come across the view that the Gurus abolished the caste system when reading up or talking with Sikhs. My question is Did the Gurus really abolish the caste system or judging by the state of todays Sikhs they didn't do a really good job of it. What i find strange is we like to promote Sikhism as like an "anti- cast" society to the wider world, but for the most part have some what of an apathy to dealing with the issue, blaming another caste for the problem is not going to help the cause, thats for sure.

The Gurus did an excellent job where they set up all the practices that made the caste system disappear from the Khalsa Panth. It was only later, after Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj that punjabis started to get relaxed on practicing Sikhi and went back to the caste system. The same people today claim to be Sikh while they have an alcohol drink in their hands. The Khalsa was strong and when it came to the weak people, they were left to do whatever they wanted. Today people have distorted the Khalsa Panth and change it to fit their lifestyle. Sitt among true Singhs and you will see if the caste system exist in the Khalsa Panth. These true Singhs are the Khalsa Panth and no one else. Rest of them are Hindus (slaves of the dirt Brahmins spit on).