40 Day Sukhmani Sahib Ji Paath

Guest koe singh

Can we do Sukhmani SAHIB by taking breaks?

Navjeet Kaur ji, ideally try to do it in one sitting. The time it will take to complete depends on ones speed. But if you cannot manage in one sitting, then try to do in within a day, recite up to as much as you can and complete within a day. If you still cannot manage that, then spread out over a few days. The main thing is you should do with devotion and not skip through it fast just for the sake of completing.

Also try to understand the Gurbani of Sukhmani Sahib ji, (Sukhaan di mani ).

These links have already been put on by previous posters:http://www.sikhworld.co.uk/page16.htmlhttp://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,16425

40 days chaleesa:http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/61089-history-of-doing-a-chaleesa/

• 1 month later...
Guest parminder

hello frds

mainu wi ek help chaidi si main Sukhmani sahib de path di ardas kiti si ki main 40 din dr ander 40 path karangi per kal samapti karni hai te mere haje 25 path baki ne..koi jaldi path hon da tarika daso ya fir 25 path de badle main kuch hor bani ja Simran kara taki meri hajri lage eho jeha koi tarika pls frds help me.

40 path of sukhmani is actually a way to descipline the wild mind and train it to actually sit and do path.

Because we are so much engrossed in our present lives ... our worldly gifts start to matter to us a great deal.

I was once stuck in this state too. We want to pass our exams, we want to get married, we want children, we want our mum in laws to be kind to us. We want peace, we want everyone to love us, we want a job, we want a house, we want big money and we want to win the lottery because our money does not seem enough.

So back to the start ... why are we having to do 40 sukhmani sahib dhe path?

Would we have to do them in the first place if we had been doing sukhmani sahib dha path everyday?

Sukhmani sahib dha path is so important to us ... for everyday. When you start 40 sukhmani path.... start with ardaas everyday... and end with ardaas. In the ardaas only tell God you have done sukhmani sahib dha path and ask forgiveness for any mistakes and ask for strength and inspiration to continue it the next day too.

It is important to realise a truth which is our main aim is to perform sukhmani sahib dha path everyday. Try your best to do it and sacrifice your sleep as well if need be. It is your devotion to God which is more important than the number of paths you do. When you think 40 sukhmani path it gives the brain a target. Apart from that it has no meaning.

People do one path and get what they want. They never do it again. That is not very right. Some people may do 40 and not get what they pray for. They stop doing it and that is not right either. People finish the 40 and then wonder if they should continue doing it or not!!! That is not right either.

It is not written anywhere that you need to do 40 path. It is only just a guide ideally for starters or for those who want to make some Amrit. Placing water in a jug and reciting 40 path will give you a guide as to when to change the water. The water thus produced is Amrit and is infused with naam. Drinking it will fill you with naam and whoever you give it to will also recite sukhmani.

I am saying this from personal experience because my mum after a miscarriage went to the Guradwara and a woman who she had never met... told her to always do 40 sukhmani sahib path and make amrit after every 40 days. She started doing it and never left sukhmani for all her life. She always does it even when there are interruptions. She marks where she stopped and continues when she rememebers. she never sleeps without finishing it.

Sukhmani sukh amrit prabh naam.

Sukhmani sahib is the biggest and the most important bani given to us. I was reading somewhere where kalyug (the devil) came to the Guru Granth sahib ji and threw about the flowers and the rumale. Sant ji then asked who done it and he confessed that he did it and that he does not come where sukhmani is recited. Sukhmani is the devils greatest enemy. Therefore sukhmani sahib path is done continuously in the Nanaksar deras.

Let us all pray and be grateful to Arjun Dev Ji who sat on the tati tavi for 5 days and who gave us this great bani. Let us do our part and at least recite it everyday and encourage others to do so. For how else can we ever repay Guru Arjun Dev Ji for this amolak heera which he has given to the world.

Read and understand the meanings of sukhmani too because it explains to you everything about your life.

hello frds

mainu wi ek help chaidi si main Sukhmani sahib de path di ardas kiti si ki main 40 din dr ander 40 path karangi per kal samapti karni hai te mere haje 25 path baki ne..koi jaldi path hon da tarika daso ya fir 25 path de badle main kuch hor bani ja Simran kara taki meri hajri lage eho jeha koi tarika pls frds help me.

Do another ardaas and ask for an extension and forgiveness for not fulfilling the ardaas. Say guru sahib ji maaf karna, i could not finish wat i promised, now please allow me this many more days to finish.

This is better than trying to paaths in a hurry

Wjkk wjkf.. I do sukhmani sahib daily n really get peace n hopes of having satisfactory life ahead.. I am married n waiting for my visa.. Its been long now thg me n my husband at distance n having hard time. We really want to gt unite n start our life. Is by doing 40 days path will fulfill my wish ?? Please please suggest

Wjkk wjkf.. I do sukhmani sahib daily n really get peace n hopes of having satisfactory life ahead.. I am married n waiting for my visa.. Its been long now thg me n my husband at distance n having hard time. We really want to gt unite n start our life. Is by doing 40 days path will fulfill my wish ?? Please please suggest

Firstly, we should not do paat for something in return. I know from my own life that's it difficult not to ask for something from God, but we should not demand anything.

" Is by doing 40 days path will fulfill my wish ?? "

Nobody can predict this, Gurbani is not about making a deal with God.

We can but only do ardas to Waheguru and the rest is up to them if they wish to grace. If you wish to do it, then do it, don't question if you will get this or that. Read this thread, where other posters have replied, you will get your answer.

• 2 weeks later...