Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge 2011

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Vaisakhi Yorkshire Three Peak Challenge 2011

Walk 24 miles and climb 5,000 feet in 12 hours for Khalsa Aid on Saturday, 23rd April 2011

What does the challenge involve?

The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is a walking challenge that involves walking 24 miles over the three highest peaks in Yorkshire: Pen-y-Ghent (691m), Whernside (728m) and Ingleborough (723m) in under 12 hours!

http://www.walkingenglishman.com/dales1.htm

Why should I do it?

Khalsa Aid is an international non-profit aid and relief organization founded on the Sikh principles of selfless service and universal love. It has provided relief assistance to victims of disasters, wars, and other tragic events around the world.

By taking on this challenge and raising sponsorship (no amount is too small) you will be helping Khalsa Aid to continue performing the beautiful seva it conducts around the globe.

What will I get in return?

In addition to getting you outdoors taking part in the challenge will expose you to the beautiful scenery that Akaal Purakh has created.

You will also get to meet many like minded Sikhs and have the satisfaction of completing a demanding challenge whilst contributing to a great cause.

Great, how do I enter?

To register please email Rajinder Singh on Rajinder21@hotmail.com. You will receive an application pack which includes further information, an entry and sponsorship form. You will also receive details of the weekly ‘training walks’ currently being organized in West Yorkshire in preparation for the challenge.

I still need more information, whom should I contact?

For further information on the challenge please post here on sikhsangat or email Rajinder Singh on Rajinder21@hotmail.com.

This is an excellent walk that should not be taken lightly. Any participants must make sure you are fit and can walk upto 24 miles and make sure you have the appropriate attire e.g. Good walking shoes, waterproofs, walking sticks etc. But well worth it and it's for a good cause. Good luck. Recommend it for everyone.

Thanks MentalSingh.

We did a practise walk of 16 miles with some of the participants this weekend which everyone found tiring but enjoyable.

Would you be interested in taking part? It would be great to have experienced Singhs like yourself onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.

To any Singh/Kaur who thinks 24 miles is too much there are opportunities to cut the walk short at 4 miles, 11 miles and 16 miles.

Application forms can now be downloaded from khalsaaid.org: http://www.khalsaaid.org/Vaisakhi%20Yorkshire%20Three%20Peak%20Challenge%20Application%20Form.pdf

For further information on the challenge visit: http://sikhthreepeaks.wordpress.com/