Amrit Keertan

Can someone kindly answer this question please.

When doing Kirtan you can recite any shabad from Sir Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and kirtanis use Amrit Kerrtan to do it, I have always wondered why is an Amrit Keertan so small? As in does it contain all the shabads in Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? And if it doesn’t then why not?

Amrit Keertan does not contain just the Gurbaani from Sri Gugu Granth Sahib Jee - but also Bhai Gurdaas Jee shabads, and other such shabads arranged by occasion - such as Prakash Purab of Guru Nanak/Guru Harkrishan/Guru Gobind Singh Jee.

As to the base question of whether all Baani of Guru Granth Sahib Jee is included - NO. Why? I don't have a clear answer but I think most of easy and day-to-day hymns sung in a Sangat/PrabhatPheri/Keertan programme are definately included. Baani such as Japji Sahib/Sukhmani Sahib is not included.

I think this topic is more appropriate to be handled in another section where in more knowledgable people can handle it :).

• 4 weeks later...