Shocking Police Video

Jas R

WJKK WJKF

I was watching the video being played repeatedly on Sikh Channel last night and something doesn't seem right.

Any normal turban wearing Singh would have been extremely angry over having his turban removed. It was as though the whole thing was staged???

The turbaned policeman at the beginning of the clip said " pag na la-ee" so was that a cue to the non-turbaned officer to remove the turban? And the relative

ease with which the turban slipped off was a little odd, don't you think?

It looks awfully suspect considering that there is an international cricket match taking place where there will be International Press coverage. Is this an attempt

to stir up Sikhs in Punjab so that they can be labelled as trouble makers again??

Maybe Sikhs in Punjab should be on the watch out for further foul play that may put them into the International limelight! If any of you have got contacts there then please

pass this on.

As mentioned on Sikh Channel last night, it's quite possible the turban wearing officer was saying that to his colleague because that's how he normally deals with dastar wearing Sikhs. On this issue of anger, given that he has already been singled out of crowd, the treatment already meted out to him, he probably in fear of his safety. We assume it is a knee <banned word filter activated> reaction to such treatment but he's probably worried about the beating or 'chilli powder' treatment he's about to face.

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, we would never accept anything like that happening in the UK. I was also surprised at the reaction or non reaction of the Singh who had his dastaar taken off. He should have retaliated and put up more of a fight against the policeman considering his size. Also its hard to judge on such a short clip, which does not capture the start. The person who took the video or witnesses need to come forward and speak the truth to what happened.

Singhs have to wake up and start standing up for their rights, especially in India, they seem to have been brainwashed over the decades into being muppets and have lost their fighting instincts.

Its good that sangat are getting Bir Raas from watching this video.

My two cents:

Rather than just showing videos about it (which is important aswell), it is important that we are all on another level with our Bani as that is most important. Take Amrit if you havent already, wear Bana 24/7 as this is an important Rehat of Guroo Sahib aswell, and become Shasterdhaari.

Also its also important not to tie a Dastaar like the guy in the video, look how easily it came off, no Keski or anything. Dhumalla is always the best for protection and firmness.

Given the Indian reaction to the Milan Airport turban search incident last week is the Indian Home Ministry going to summon itself into an emergency meeting and give itself a 'bloody good talking to' ? Are the Indian parliament going to hold a demonstration outside its own office and demand they themselves 'bloody well do something about it' ? Are the Indian media going to run this story ?

The answers to all these questions is 'no'. Some countries, simply because they don't know any better, ask to search a pagh when boarding aircraft. Only one country on this earth has so much hatred, so much disrespect, so much bigotry against Sikhs and their turbans that they knock them off with contempt. And that is the country that has no logical or historical justification for being in Punjab in the first place.

These same Indians that love nothing better than to pretend that the British never came......put things back to how things were before the British came by changing place names, street names, city names etc back to what they were called before the British came. Someone needs to ask them ; If they're so keen on putting things back to how they were before the British came then perhaps they should remember that Punjab was its own seperate independant Sikh nation before the British came and artificialy made it part of India. No other country on earth has done that to a Sikh's turban. The Indians can, therefore, roll up their phony 'concern' about the Milan airport incident and stick it where the sun don't shine.

The only major religion in the world without a homeland. Occupied by a foreign country that took dominion with lies. Killed....and ridiculed. And yet my people jump up and down and support their 'India'. We are, without a shadow of a doubt, the most stupid people on earth.

p.s......those 'pagh' wearing policemen in the background are not neccessarily keshdari sikhs. The turban is part of the Punjab police uniform. It comes ready made as a hat. Up to 90% of those 'turban wearing' policemen in the background are just wearing that 'turban' as a uniform hat and are hair-cutted underneath it.

WJKK WJKF

I was watching the video being played repeatedly on Sikh Channel last night and something doesn't seem right.

Any normal turban wearing Singh would have been extremely angry over having his turban removed. It was as though the whole thing was staged???

The turbaned policeman at the beginning of the clip said " pag na la-ee" so was that a cue to the non-turbaned officer to remove the turban? And the relative

ease with which the turban slipped off was a little odd, don't you think?

It looks awfully suspect considering that there is an international cricket match taking place where there will be International Press coverage. Is this an attempt

to stir up Sikhs in Punjab so that they can be labelled as trouble makers again??

Maybe Sikhs in Punjab should be on the watch out for further foul play that may put them into the International limelight! If any of you have got contacts there then please

pass this on.

Fact of the matter is that we all can clearly see there was absolutely no need to take the Singhs turban off. Also, you are judging the reaction of a Sikh in India which would be totally different from a Sikh's reaction in another country. In Punjab, the police are used to exercise rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population. So the average Punjabi man's relationship/reaction with the Police is different to that relationship/reaction we have with our local police. The inhabitants of Punjab experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are always subject to police monitoring or enforcement. You almost become numb to any reaction as the agressive police treatment is part of your repressive upbringing.

On another note, punjabi nok wali style dastars come off with relative ease anyway. From my pre-dumalla days I remember how easily my triangular turban could be taken off when lifted from behind.

I think you are mistaken in believing this was a staged event.

All these discussions are probably just happening on Facebook and Sikhsangat restricted to Overseas Sikhs only, My own relatives in India were unaware of all this ...

I just told them to watch Facebook of the Video of all this and they were shocked and immediately switched their support for today's match.

Atleast what we can do today is - PLEASE CALL YOUR RELATIVES/FRIENDS IN "INDIA OCCUPIED KHALISATAN" AND MAKE THEM AWARE BY SHOWING THEM THE EVIDENCE AND REQUESTING THEM TO SUPPORT THE SIKH NATION

WJKK WJKF

things are getting a bit out of hand... Someone rang me to tell me about this and my immediate reaction was even if i was out numbered he would have got a salp back but om from the UK and its not as bad but still ... touch the pag and im coming after you (unleashing the lion as a few friends would say) i know in the end im going to take a beating as im out numbered but still in my heart hope i would have tried.

INDIA gov dosnt allow full rights to sikhs .. yet it's PM is a SIKH wears a Pagg .. not heard any response from him ...

BADAL ..... supposedly working for sikhs lets see

One thing i mentioned to my friend was they eed to do somethin from there abut this what are we going to do? Send buses and Coaches t the MOhali cricket ground from here?

We need to organise a mass protest .... UK... US..> CANada... Kenya... Punjab... Delhi ... France ... Germany.... Italy... Spain ... Ireland... we need to do a one time march to the Indian High comission on a set date and time .. this will get the best coverage... do it on a day when the Commision is open so people are aware .. we do the independance protest on the 15th August every year but the high commission is always closed.

We as individuals are strong but as a collective nation we are unstoppable...............proved by history.........i dont think we have lost a battle unless we have been betrayed from the inside.

Anyway this is wrong we need to highlight it accross the world so get out your mobiles get out your laptops and PC's send everyone this video .. highlight that even in this day and age when we all say 26 yrs on from the 84 Massacares .. we are still not considered as citizens of INDIA ... it still dosn't recognise SIKHS as a seperate religion.... It still controls what we can and cannot do and we need to show them THAT WE WILL NOT STAND LIKE COWARDS AND TAK IT OUR FATHER IS GURU GOBIND SINGH JI .... WE HAVE BROTHERS THAT GAVE UP THEIR LIVES AND WERE BRICKED ALIVE ..... WE HAVE SISTERS THAT SUNG THE PRAISES OF WAHEGURU EVEN AFTER THEY HAD THEIR SONS CUT UP AND PUT AROUND THEIR NECKS AS GARLANDS... WE FOTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE MOTHERS AND WIVES THAT SEND THEIR SONS AND HUSBANDS TO DIE FOR A CAUSE .... OUR HISTORY IS COLOURFUL TO SAY THE LEAST ... FOUNDATIONS OF OUR HISTORY LIE ON THE HEADS AND SHOULDERS OF OUR SHAHEEDS .... WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

Bhul CHuk MAf

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Disapointed to only find two articles on the matter

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/aissf-demands-punjab-cms-resignation-over-desecration-sikh-turban-punjab-police-mohali/29924

http://www.emgonline.co.uk/news.php?news=9621

im sure we a few people that are in the media that can help highlight this matter... what does the UK government want a petition in blood ... i'll gladly sign.

WJKK WJKF

I am speaking to friend in Punjab who says in a recent student protest, his cousin, a girl, her dastar was also removed. The officer said, "eh munda ja kuri aa?" when clearly she was wearing salwaar kameez, clearly speaking as a girl. just to do her besti.. i am trying to speak to her, if she can tell her story