Shocking Police Video

Jas R

Following this, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal sought a detailed report of the magisterial inquiry — ordered by him on Wednesday — within 48 hours to initiate further action

Why 48 hours ? :sad: never understood this obsession with '48 hours'. When I was a kid i used to watch all these American cop shows in which the captain would always say to the detectives "I've got the D.A on my back.....You've got 48 hours to solve this case". "Why ????" :o ...I used to shout at the tv. 'Why only give him 48 hours. A bank has been robbed....Its a serious crime. It needs more than 48 hours to be investigated properly. And what on earth was a 'D.A' i used to say to myself. I thought it must be some kind of dangerous vicious animal that jumps on the backs of police captains. As a kid I made my mind up......I would go to america....rob some diamonds.....and hide in a big dustbin with a stopwatch. Once 48 hours were up I would come out knowing full well the law could no longer touch me......the '48 hours' was up.

Unlike Badal though......I grew up. He, unfortunately, is still watching many many reruns of 70's american cop shows. "the D.A's on my back......you got 48 hours to solve this case" he says. Still in his Starsky & Hutch mode forgetting that the avarege time for solving anti-sikh crimes in India is 27 years.

Why 48 hours ? :sad: never understood this obsession with '48 hours'. When I was a kid i used to watch all these American cop shows in which the captain would always say to the detectives "I've got the D.A on my back.....You've got 48 hours to solve this case". "Why ????" :o ...I used to shout at the tv. 'Why only give him 48 hours. A bank has been robbed....Its a serious crime. It needs more than 48 hours to be investigated properly. And what on earth was a 'D.A' i used to say to myself. I thought it must be some kind of dangerous vicious animal that jumps on the backs of police captains. As a kid I made my mind up......I would go to america....rob some diamonds.....and hide in a big dustbin with a stopwatch. Once 48 hours were up I would come out knowing full well the law could no longer touch me......the '48 hours' was up.

Unlike Badal though......I grew up. He, unfortunately, is still watching many many reruns of 70's american cop shows. "the D.A's on my back......you got 48 hours to solve this case" he says. Still in his Starsky & Hutch mode forgetting that the avarege time for solving anti-sikh crimes in India is 27 years.

hats off to you! I laughed pretty hard

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5100637

Criminal case against two police officers

Chandigarh, Apr 4 (PTI)

The Punjab government today ordered registration of a criminal case against two suspended police officers, including an SP, in connection with alleged removal of a turban of a Sikh in Mohali last week.

A case under section 295-A (causing hurt to religious sentiments) would be registered against SP Pritam Singh and Sub-Inspector Kulbhushan Sharma, officials said.

The incident happened on March 28 when pharmacists were staging a protest near the Punjab Cricket Association stadium in Mohali.

The police had cane-charged the protesters to disperse them.

Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who also holds the Home portfolio, had ordered immediate suspension of the two officers soon after the incident.

A Magisterial probe was also ordered.

In a statement here today, the Deputy Chief Minister said the government would not allow anyone to show disrespect to religious symbols of any community.

• 2 weeks later...

there is an "independent" panel looking into this. the persons resposible will be asked to keep it low and disappear for few months e.g. on leave. the sikh boy in question will be warned by PP not to give it "political" or "religious" colour probably that's why we heard nothing from him so far.

Most of us know how indian system works. This is from someone close to sukhbir badal.