Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

just a question saadh sangat ji, my freind was interested in how the world was created in sikhi terms

i used to have a shabad on it, however i cannot find it anymore

I wounder if anyone could shed some light on it

Thankyou

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru - Excellent Katha from Maskeen Jee.

Although I don't agree that science is any where to Waheguru/Akal Purakh/Creator even today as claimed by some Communists as shown in the Video. The mystery is always "NEW to SCIENCE" as the text in Japji Sahib goes "Kiv Kar Aakha Kiv Salaahi Kiv Varni Kiv Jaana, Nanak Aakhan Sab ko aakhe, ik du ik syana". Sorry for the English intrepretation if there are mistakes. SCIENCE has probably reached the Big Bang concept, but there is miles to go from there ...

Bhuk Chuk maaf ....

• Like 1

Is there any mention in Sikhi about where (or how) Waheguru originated from?

Isn't it 'Sehbang' in Mool Mantar, just before Gurparsaad?

If, I read it right, Waheguru Ji is 'a-kaal', without - time/death. And therefore, infinate, and forever, in both directions of time. An entity can only originate from something if that entity did not exist at some point, and something existed before the entity. Well, we all know Waheguru has always been, and nothing has existed before Waheguru, in order to create Waheguru, or which Waheguru could originate from.

If I have got it wrong, apologies!:waheguru:

Sorry - I was typing my reply as Singh 559 was typing his, I wasn't ignoring or repeating his post!

By the way Kaljugi - have you seen what I've typed in the GUPT section?

I thought maybe an amazing katha-vachak like Giani Sant Singh Maskeen would've expanded on the subject.

By the way Kaljugi - have you seen what I've typed in the GUPT section?

Yup. It's a delicate situation. I'll post my thoughts in the thread over there.

• Like 2

I spoke to a couple of school kids (in UK) and in RE the creation on the World is only taught from Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Hindu & Buddhist perspective. When the kids asked why wasn't the creation of the world taught from a Sikh perspective and the teacher told them that Sikhism & Hinduism have the same view of creation. Is this true? If not, then whats the difference?

I spoke to a couple of school kids (in UK) and in RE the creation on the World is only taught from Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Hindu & Buddhist perspective. When the kids asked why wasn't the creation of the world taught from a Sikh perspective and the teacher told them that Sikhism & Hinduism have the same view of creation. Is this true? If not, then whats the difference?

So we believe in that whole 'churning of the ocean by Vishnu (is it)?'

Come on sikho.........nowbody knows or can understand how world or humans came into existence. sikhism is above all this guess game. sikhism is logic and the game of self-sacrifice. Who dares to say the truth and accept if you don't have evidence of anything. No one can describe god or what he looks like and formation of planet (remember even science says it is just theory)and as far as i understand that is what respected SGGS says.

Please rise above all these petty questions/issues. Kahaniyan na pao aage aayo and do something for the well being of others and sikhism.

God spoke the universe into existance. Through his command, he vibrated the universe into existance.

The exact details, like if you wanted to know exactly how God created the universe, well we are not able to comprehend it at this point. Only God truly knows how he created it. Japji Sahib explains everything. Not even the inter-dimensional, extra terrestrials know exactly how the universe was formed. (From a scientific viewpoint). However all we really need to know, is that God created the universe by his command. It was God. The more conscious towards God we become, the more we are awakened to the truth. You begin to realise we already have the answers, inside us.

• Like 1
ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਕੀਤਾ ਆਕਾਰੁ ॥

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived.

ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰੁ ॥

Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived.

ਗਾਵਹਿ ਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਵਰਭੰਡਾ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਰਖੇ ਧਾਰੇ ॥

The planets, solar systems and galaxies, created and arranged by Your Hand, sing.

ਰੰਗੀ ਰੰਗੀ ਭਾਤੀ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਿਨਸੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਉਪਾਈ ॥

He created the world, with its various colors, species of beings, and the variety of Maya.

ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਕੀਤਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਜਿਵ ਤਿਸ ਦੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥

Having created the creation, He watches over it Himself, by His Greatness.

ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਕਰਸੀ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਈ ॥

He does whatever He pleases. No order can be issued to Him.

ਇਕੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਲਾਏ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥

One, the Creator of the World; One, the Sustainer; and One, the Destroyer.

ਜਿਵ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਚਲਾਵੈ ਜਿਵ ਹੋਵੈ ਫੁਰਮਾਣੁ ॥

He makes things happen according to the Pleasure of His Will. Such is His Celestial Order.

ਓਹੁ ਵੇਖੈ ਓਨਾ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਏਹੁ ਵਿਡਾਣੁ ॥

He watches over all, but none see Him. How wonderful this is!

ਆਸਣੁ ਲੋਇ ਲੋਇ ਭੰਡਾਰ ॥

On world after world are His Seats of Authority and His Storehouses.

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੁ ਏਕਾ ਵਾਰ ॥

Whatever was put into them was put there once and for all.

As we can see, Japji Sahib alone contains a lot of information on the nature of creation.

• Like 1

Maaroo, First Mehl:

For endless eons, there was only utter darkness.

There was no earth or sky; there was only the infinite Command of His Hukam.

There was no day or night, no moon or sun; God sat in primal, profound Samaadhi. ||1||

There were no sources of creation or powers of speech, no air or water.

There was no creation or destruction, no coming or going.

There were no continents, nether regions, seven seas, rivers or flowing water. ||2||

There were no heavenly realms, earth or nether regions of the underworld.

There was no heaven or hell, no death or time.

There was no hell or heaven, no birth or death, no coming or going in reincarnation. ||3||

There was no Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva.

No one was seen, except the One Lord.

There was no female or male, no social class or caste of birth; no one experienced pain or pleasure. ||4||

There were no people of celibacy or charity; no one lived in the forests.

There were no Siddhas or seekers, no one living in peace.

There were no Yogis, no wandering pilgrims, no religious robes; no one called himself the master. ||5||

There was no chanting or meditation, no self-discipline, fasting or worship.

No one spoke or talked in duality.

He created Himself, and rejoiced; He evaluates Himself. ||6||

There was no purification, no self-restraint, no malas of basil seeds.

There were no Gopis, no Krishna, no cows or cowherds.

There were no tantras, no mantras and no hypocrisy; no one played the flute. ||7||

There was no karma, no Dharma, no buzzing fly of Maya.

Social class and birth were not seen with any eyes.

There was no noose of attachment, no death inscribed upon the forehead; no one meditated on anything. ||8||

There was no slander, no seed, no soul and no life.

There was no Gorakh and no Maachhindra.

There was no spiritual wisdom or meditation, no ancestry or creation, no reckoning of accounts. ||9||

There were no castes or social classes, no religious robes, no Brahmin or Kshatriya.

There were no demi-gods or temples, no cows or Gaayatri prayer.

There were no burnt offerings, no ceremonial feasts, no cleansing rituals at sacred shrines of pilgrimage; no one worshipped in adoration. ||10||

There was no Mullah, there was no Qazi.

There was no Shaykh, or pilgrims to Mecca.

There was no king or subjects, and no worldly egotism; no one spoke of himself. ||11||

There was no love or devotion, no Shiva or Shakti - no energy or matter.

There were no friends or companions, no semen or blood.

He Himself is the banker, and He Himself is the merchant. Such is the Pleasure of the Will of the True Lord. ||12||

There were no Vedas, Korans or Bibles, no Simritees or Shaastras.

There was no recitation of the Puraanas, no sunrise or sunset.

The Unfathomable Lord Himself was the speaker and the preacher; the unseen Lord Himself saw everything. ||13||

When He so willed, He created the world.

Without any supporting power, He sustained the universe.

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva; He fostered enticement and attachment to Maya. ||14||

How rare is that person who listens to the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

He created the creation, and watches over it; the Hukam of His Command is over all.

He formed the planets, solar systems and nether regions, and brought what was hidden to manifestation. ||15||

No one knows His limits.

This understanding comes from the Perfect Guru.

O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Truth are wonderstruck; singing His Glorious Praises, they are filled with wonder. ||16||3||15||

(M:1, Maru, 1035)