Shameless Uk Sikhs

And would those freshies give money to build a gurdwara or would they pay a prostitute on Southall broadway for sex our forefathers worked hard and earned their place here as well as kept values and morals more than I can say for these freshie scum who talk dirty about sex all day with young UK born sikh school girls and whistle at them they dnt give a toss about the Panth the new trend is smoking now amongst freshies they think it will attract girls only 1% are genuine and have love for the Panth and should stay the rest can f off back to their Hindustan they love so much

I assume your family arrived here in the 1960s (or whenever) into a four bedroom detached house in Windsor?? Get real and read your history. The Indians (including Sikhs ..... my dad included) who came here through the 1950s - 70s were initially men who lived in pretty poor conditions and faced much racism from the white working class (remember, No Irish, No Blacks and No Pakis?). In fact, the trade union movement in this country would not let them join the Unions - so organisations like the Indian Worker's Association were formed. Many of these men spent their days working hard and their evenings in the Pub .... and they are the same men who helped fund and build the early Gurdwaras in the major cities.

You're not good at paying attention hssingh. Practically every 'Sikh' district in the UK was formerly an 'Irish' district. We all know who the friends of our grandfathers were. And we all know it was the men of the officer class....the industrialists that knew the Sikhs well, that wanted our grandfathers to work in their factories. They wanted them because of their great 'sikh' attributes. It is because of those attributes that indusrialists such as the owners of the paper factory in Gravesend and the Wolf's rubber factory in Southall toured Punjab after WW2 trying to recruit sikhs to come here and work for them. Gravesend and Southall. Even to this day the two largest Sikh populations in the UK. Look at the wonderfully respected foundations of those communities. A foundation built entirely on the qualities of a hard work ethic, honour and trust. When, in the 1950's, they all lived in the slums of the east end and yet commuted each day to Gravesend in the east and Southall in the west, they lived with just one hope : to work damn hard, save money and get out of that slum. Work was more important to them than burglarising houses in order to be able to stick a needle in their arm. Work was more important to them than to spend all day every day in car parks and childrens play parks drinking cans of special brew and smoking cigarettes. They treated young girls passing by as they would treat their own daughter rather than objects to shout lewd suggestions at.

I suggest you take your own advice and read their history. If after doing so....you come to the conclusion that, like today's freshies, it also involved copious amounts of crack cocaine, heroin and supermarket theft than I will kneel down at your feet and apologise.

And we all know it was the men of the officer class....the industrialists that knew the Sikhs well, that wanted our grandfathers to work in their factories.

You are talking from a personal perspective here. We went through this before. Most of the 50s/70s pioneer Sikhs I know weren't part of this thing you speak of.

It might apply to your family and even others but there are still LOTS of Sikhs who weren't part of this. So please stop going on like goray did apnay big favours like this, just because your grandpa experienced them. Mine didn't, and nor did a lot of other Sikhs I know/knew.

You are talking from a personal perspective here. We went through this before. Most of the 50s/70s pioneer Sikhs I know weren't part of this thing you speak of.

It might apply to your family and even others but there are still LOTS of Sikhs who weren't part of this. So please stop going on like goray did apnay big favours like this, just because your grandpa experienced them. Mine didn't, and nor did a lot of other Sikhs I know/knew.

Good point. The African-Americans have a term for a black person who acts all subservient to whites ....Uncle Tom.

I din't realise we had Uncle Toms in the UK Sikh community.

Good point. The African-Americans have a term for a black person who acts all subservient to whites ....Uncle Tom.

Oh I'm sorry. :o I didn't realise all white people were inherently evil. I didn't realise we were in the middle of a race war. I didn't realise that the Punjabi that has holes in his arms where all the money falls into is still a better man than the white working man by virtue of being....brown ?

Erm just a quick question, how could you tell that most of the folks celebrating were, as you so eloquently put it, 'freshies'?

Tell me you're not being serious oh twadi. This is London we're talking about. Fashion and designer capital. Where cutting edge fashions change every 6 months. Do you really think any Londoner wears Michael Jackson style jeans.....running trainers instead of court shoes.....hideous fake Nike sweatshirts....and 2 sizes too small fake adidas hoody's ? :cool:

Seriously though......this is England we're talking about. We're all an old time community here. 2nd , 3rd and 4th generation. It ain't like Canada. But just out of interest....is there really no way of telling the difference between the 3rd generation canadian born and the freshies there ?

We got loads.

A lot of those celebrating in Wolverhampton, Dudley Road were not freshies but British born.

I know because i was there.

My friends, who were part of the Soho Rd celebrations, are British born and University educated professionals.

Maybe freshie dominated celebrations in Southall but not here in the Midlands.

A lot of those celebrating in Wolverhampton, Dudley Road were not freshies but British born.

I know because i was there.

My friends, who were part of the Soho Rd celebrations, are British born and University educated professionals.

Maybe freshie dominated celebrations in Southall but not here in the Midlands.

Fella, you talking about the Midlands you might as well talk about Romania. Hardly a sophisticated part of the world is it. Lets be honest....even most freshies are slightly more 'adavnced' than most midlanders. And that includes the fashions.

Oh I'm sorry. :o I didn't realise all white people were inherently evil. I didn't realise we were in the middle of a race war. I didn't realise that the Punjabi that has holes in his arms where all the money falls into is still a better man than the white working man by virtue of being....brown ?

At least be intellectually consistent.

I'm not the one who is stereotyping a whole community as alcoholic, drug taking, <banned word filter activated> mongerers - a community that you (and I) originate from.

Do you hate just Indian freshies? or do you hate the Somalis, Kashmiris, East Europeans and Tamils who now inhabit places like Hounslow and Southall?

Some real hypocrites in our community think its ok to marry girls from India .... but then slag off those Indians (mostly men) who had the resilience and fortitude to get from India to here to find work.

It's not that long ago that our parents were being told they smell of curry and to f*** off back to our own country.

And please stop calling everyone 'fella' - it is a very effeminate term.