The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

my god, these stories are just weird and hillarious.

but as i said sangato, i may sound stupid on saying this, but look jio, to us its stupid. but the outside world they dont know do they? carry on sharing your gyan on your identity people.

i remember once some kid asked a musla...

"why you wearing your mums dress?"

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm that response is slightly anti gurmat :T:

I had an experience. me and two singhs were getting gas on our way to a keertan. As I was walking towards the mart to pay an old black ford pickup truck with a confederate flag on the back pulls up with 2 drunk white hicks in it. (most of us probably think we know what happens next right)

one of them gets out goes in to buy guess what? BEER

the other one yells, "hey osama"

i stop and look straight at him. remember, im wearing a whole ton of shastars and stuff, I had more back then, long broadsword etc..

i say "what did you say" then i look over at the singhs in the car, and the look at me, and get out immediately and stand there. they had maces and all sorts of stuff in their hands and on their persons. I go in and pay when i come out they are shouting at each other right.

So then I was like you are one ignorant SOB. we have nothing to do with arabs or muslims. he said something really stupid. so I just got mad and said why dont u come out here and say it you redneck.

so we were all challenging him to get out of his truck right and one singh was getting close to him about to pound his face in. he starts saying "i was just joking"

our reply "how would u like us joking about yo mama" hahaha anyway we told him, thats not a joke, its called racism etc.. we were getting angry, hands were getting on shastars. his friend RUNS out the minimart with his beer, gets in the truck and they TAKE OFF FAST!

cowards, cant even stand up for wha

t they say. sharam nahi ondhi?

Guest mehtab

Usually they pick on you if they see just one guy. However if you are in a group, they tend to either joke and run away, or just shut up and move on, and yell some obscenities from a speeding vehicle, a trademark of their chicken nature.

actually.. MKhalsa.. your situation wasn't handled very "gurmatly" either.... i mean... did you call him an SOB for family hatred?? or cuz he was white and drunk??

i'm jus sayin... this is for wierd questions and answers... not everything cna be handled with the same amount of love that our Guru's extended in their encounters.....IF you know what i mean

lol i love the response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i mostly get questions for my long hair as well, " HOW DO YOU WASH YOUR HAIR?" and im like how do you THINK i wash my hair.... with shampoo and lots of conditioner and of course WATER

Then i get....U REALLY NEVER CUT UR HAIR?.. im like YES... DO YOU REALLY NOT CUT YOUR HAIR?... and im like YES.... YOUR HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN CUT SINCE U WERE BORN?... and im like yes... YOUR HAIR IS LONG.. and im like b/c i never cut it.... then they touch your hair.... and then u move your head back and give them a look... they smile and say WOW... and then the conversation iether ends or someone changes the topic... or sometimes they still talk about your hair...again...

another question..."WHAT ARE YOU" and im like HUMAN... they are like nonononno i mean religion? im like ohhh SIKH... and they are like "seeK"... whats that some hindi thing.. and im like no, hindhi is a language, sikh is a religion.. then they are like ohh you mean punjabi.. then im like NOO PUNJABI is a LANGUAGE then they are like but so hindu is a language then im like nooo thats another religion... and this goes on with the mixing of punjabi, hindu, sikh and hindi... my friend whos philpino STILL Gets freakin messed up even tho one day i sat with her and TOLD her in writing... shes very slow i guesss BUT OMG its really frustrating! she even went up to the only other sikh girl in our school and asked her about it! SHE STILL CAN'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

keep on smiling :wub:

HGAHAHAHAHHA what are you? human hahahahahah that's funny cuz it's a lie.. princess, you're not human,... at least you dont act it :wub: hahaha you know i'm joking haha

secondly.. yeah,...

"DUDE! you could like.. stuff POT underneath there and go over the border... you could be RICH!!"

them-- "does it get hot up there?"

me -- "naw, actually, i installed this air conditioning system up there last week.. dude, it works WONDERS!"

them -- "can i see your knife???"

me -- "naw man.. i'm only supposed to take it out if i'm in battle as a last resort"

them -- c'mon man.. dude c'mon

me -- "i could.. but i'd hafta -- you..."

them -- "hahahaha"

me -- "no..seriously.. you attack me and try to hurt me, i'm gonna kick your butt.. but i mean it with love :D"

"what's on your head?"

"it's a giant spaceship with a rubber chicken launcher!"

"what would happen if someone like. cut your hair without you knowing??"

"uhh.. it'd be shorter..."

"how come ________ (insert name here) doesn't have long hair?"

"uhmm.. cuz he/she cut it.."

this is unrelated.. but this is more on being brown skinned, and racist comments..

"dude, white people rock man..."

"guy.. you can't say that.. think.. think about everything white... snow.. s

o cold, all we do is complain about how cold the winter is... white bread.. that stuff has like.. 5 times the fat as brown bread... white rice is so much unhealthier than brown rice, and brown rice tastes better"

"yeah?? well.. umm.. brown's the colour of ****"

"yeah..you bet it is.. and be happy it is too.. i'd be bloody scared if i ended up having white **** one day..."

anwhoo.. i'm tired, so forgive me for being slightly odd abit

hahahah these are hilarious

the weirdest question i got was from a teacher.. "Why do you have a HORN sticking out of the side of your shirt?"

one time we had a sub for math who was russian or something, and started asking me all these weird questions about punjabi words... like how to say dangerous, fork, etc. and then he asked me what we call the "knife" i was wearing.... and i told him kirpaan... and he was writing all this down and i asked why and he's like im going to india soon... and then he's like "so if im at a restaurant in "poon-jab" and i need a knife, i should ask for a kirpaan??" :wub:

actually.. MKhalsa.. your situation wasn't handled very "gurmatly" either.... i mean... did you call him an SOB for family hatred?? or cuz he was white and drunk??

i'm jus sayin... this is for wierd questions and answers... not everything cna be handled with the same amount of love that our Guru's extended in their encounters.....IF you know what i mean

hahhaa, so u got the sarcasm from my post?

"DUDE! you could like.. stuff POT underneath there and go over the border... you could be RICH!!"
you get that too? i used to get that all the time in school.. when i was younger it was from the same people who would take earthworms and put them in my dastar.
"can i see your knife???"

i used to say no in school and say the principal said i cant take it out, which was true. buttttt then when i started really getting

into sikhi i started wearing my 9" taksali sarbloh kirpan and I was so proud of it and it looked huge back then and I was like whoaa.. and i used to show it off left and right in high school, hahaha, i felt invincible.

you know what I found, once i started getting into sikhi, and being proud of wearing my damalla and kakkars and being truly proud of being a sikh and having that inner peace and happiness that guru sahib gives you, people left me alone. they stopped annoying me, stopped making fun of me, stopped disrespecting me.

its amazing

ahaha sorry for ruining the thread..