Facial Hair Issue

Guest sadphenji

If we were not all full of ego we'd be merged with god as ego is the only thing that holds us back from Him.

You claimed a Sikh does not need to take Amrit of the Punj Pyare and then gave the example of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj and bhagat saying they didn't take it so neither do Sikhs need to take it today. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji took Amrit himself, which means all Sikhs need and MUST take Amrit of the Punj Pyare or as you refer to it as; Amrit from the ceremony.

I was referencing the amrit from the ceremony, not naam amrit or amrit which comes from gurbani or from Truth. Amrit and naam pervades everywhere as all is god, it's a matter of becoming in tune with it/ anhad naad and eventually discovering it/Him.

The Amrit from the ceremony, which Punj Pyare bless the Sikhs with, comes from Gurbani, from the Truth. This Amrit base is on the Satguru.

One stating that enlightenment is not possible without amrit baptism or that amrit baptism will immediately make one pure is a fool,

Bhai Sahib, you don't know the strength of Amrit and to judge the strenght of Amrit from the Punj Pyare is a very wrong way to go (Satguru gave us Amrit of the Khanda, not some fake Guru). Those Sikhs that know about taking Amrit and don't take it on their minds command. Then they will never get mukhti because they have not followed Satguru. You cannot generalize here and apply all for every Sikh. Some do not have no knowledge of taking Amrit from the Punj Pyare, so Satguru blesses them with mukti, if they completely follow what Satguru reveals to them. Amrit from the Punj Pyare can grant a Sikh mukti because Satguru blessed us with this Amrit. It is Akal Purakhs Amrit.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji stated the meaning of khalsa as the pure ones who repeat the naam every moment and keep the jyot lit within. He loves his devotees, yes amrit is great discipline and is good for morale in battle and on the battle field of life and maya, but our beloved guru also states that the lord is of no form as are we. Self effacement is the way to the lord as we are no different to him but are 'drops in the ocean' of the lord, anything else is maya so the longer we stay in maya, the longer we dwell on these things- outer apperance does not matter a single tiny little bit when we are nothing- we are of no gender, no race, no caste no creed, no nothing. Naam makes one lose the self and tune into truth. That is what the guru wants.

When people take Amrit, the Punj Pyare bless them with the art of doing bhagti and joining them to Akal Purakh. The Punj Kakkar for a person that doesn't want to follow Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj will not mean nothing, but to his Pyare Sikh, they mean everything along with Gurbani.

Satguru is the Hirda, god resides in the hirda, listen to the heart, not the mind, silence the mind with naam. I never said amrit was not taken, but the highest form of amrit is naam, gurbani states this over and over and over again, but people do not listen, they place more importance on external appearence. The enlightened bhagat becomes akal, becomes the dust of the feet of all ie. nothing. They become god himself for god lives in a state of nothingness, read sukhmani sahib, there is no difference between the Brahmgyani and the Lord. This is shown with the inclusion of their gyan in SGGSJi.

Listening to the heart only comes valid, if Satguru blesses the person with Shabad Guru. First in your heart plant faith in Gurbani, then water the plant with devotion to Gurbani and then the mind and heart become one. If a Sikh devotes themselves to Gurbani then drinking Amrit from the Punj Pyare becomes love for the Guru.

When i was refering to the Bhagats, they did not come down on earth as jivan mukht. They were in the cycle of birth and death, but Satguru pulled them out and they became Akal Purakh himself. The difference here from the Gurus, is that Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj was jivan mukht when he came to earth. Akal Purakh came on this earth as Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj. We can't say the same for the Bhagats because they had to be released from the cycle of birth and death.

And many now while the kalyug has become so much darker take amrit then go drinking, clubbing, indulge in the vices.

Again you cannot generalize here. The Punj Pyare give the Hukam of doing bhagti after taking Amrit. If a person doesn't obey this Hukam then Satguru has their back turned to them and the person is on their own. They will do alot of manmat acts in this way. Then we have those Sikhs that obey the Hukam of the Punj Pyare and they become jivan mukht after practicing the Hukams. Then you have those Sikhs that are so full of pyare for Maharaj, that they become jivan mukht when the Amrit goes into them from the Punj Pyare. Satguru's kirpa is vast and a person should never put any limit on his kirpa of taking Amrit from the Punj Pyare. Taking Amrit is a blessing that every Sikh that is aware of taking Amrit, must take in order to become jivan mukht.

A form does not make one pure, nor does it gurantee pureness in this life. The guru will only stand by you if you are in Truth, the external maya form holds no merit without total self effacement and amrit naam is the highest amrit, when you delve back into the maya <banned word filter activated> you are satan again. You can be a beggar, a leper or one unable to even wear clothes or a child and find/merge with the lord by chanting his name. Gurbani states the power of naam, IT IS GOD HIMSELF, it/HE overrides everything in the universe. One who doubts it's/His power is a fool.

I explained in my last post to you that taking Amrit from the Punj Pyare is formed on Gurbani, so we cannot say it is lacking in it and neither is it or the Kakkars that are given are not lacking in anything. A person might lack something, but never Satguru's kirpa and it don't matter which form this kirpa comes in.

Bhai Sahib you missed to answer this question of mine in your post, please do answer it: The Bhagats followed Satguru 100% in their time. Are you doing the same by telling others not to take Amrit of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj?

Guest satnam ji

^^Bhai Sahib

Like I said when you get to a certain level of bhagti, and even begin to speak with the Gurus one on one and have darshans in samadhi etc the answers and instructions come on their own. Satguru Ji told me exactly what to do in a darshan given to me a while ago and since then I have had many more and even speak with the Gurus one to one. Do so much naam simran on his Truth naam SATNAM and the white light and darshans will come, they'll come on white horses, ask your questions directly.

We have come into mahakalyug and many amritdharis are now lost in their rituals and are forsaking the purity that is required for sachkandh, many are being kicked out of sachkandh due to the new laws. The darkness has grown so thick that even the religious are dissolusioned, the only saviour is Satnam, naam which is the light. Don't be fooled by the imagery of the world, it is all false, our looks, you, me, everyone. If we live in this gyan and mool mantar along with naam how can we go wrong, it's only when we become NOTHING- Like Him, that we progress- our ego, our minds are the only thing keeping us from him- if we wear a dastar or not, it doesn't matter, don't even think about your looks, if you are concious of your looks instead of naam then you are in ego because while in naam you are becoming nothing.

Guest guest

^^Bhai Sahib

Like I said when you get to a certain level of bhagti, and even begin to speak with the Gurus one on one and have darshans in samadhi etc the answers and instructions come on their own. Satguru Ji told me exactly what to do in a darshan given to me a while ago and since then I have had many more and even speak with the Gurus one to one. Do so much naam simran on his Truth naam SATNAM and the white light and darshans will come, they'll come on white horses, ask your questions directly.

We have come into mahakalyug and many amritdharis are now lost in their rituals and are forsaking the purity that is required for sachkandh, many are being kicked out of sachkandh due to the new laws. The darkness has grown so thick that even the religious are dissolusioned, the only saviour is Satnam, naam which is the light. Don't be fooled by the imagery of the world, it is all false, our looks, you, me, everyone. If we live in this gyan and mool mantar along with naam how can we go wrong, it's only when we become NOTHING- Like Him, that we progress- our ego, our minds are the only thing keeping us from him- if we wear a dastar or not, it doesn't matter, don't even think about your looks, if you are concious of your looks instead of naam then you are in ego because while in naam you are becoming nothing.

Rehit is Hukam and this is what Guru Sahib says about following his Hukam:

naanak hukamai jae bujhai th houmai kehai n koe ||2||

O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego.

and

hukam ma(n)nehi thaa har milai thaa vichahu houmai jaae || rehaao ||

If you submit to the Hukam of the Lord's Command, then you shall meet with the Lord; only then will your ego depart from within. ||Pause||

By following hukam we become "Nothing" as we have surrendered our mind, soul and body to Guru Sahib's Hukam. Guru Sahib's words are you won't go Saachkhand and reach the Spiritual Stage of Param Padh if you don't obey Hukam which consists of Spiritual and Physical Rehit, ie athay pehar Naam abhiyaas, wearing Dastar/Keski and Keeping our Hair.

Read about the lives of True Devotees of Vaheguru Ji such as Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, Sant Jarnail Singh Jee, Baba Harnam Singh Jee etc

I'm sure Guru Sahib didnt tell you to cut your hair and take your dastar off. As Gurbani states our body is the temple of God and so we have to adorn it with Guru Sahib's Hukam. By cutting your hair you'll become Baymukh to Guru Sahib.

^^Bhai Sahib

Great, however Satguru is available to all. Satguru is the Bani and his Hukams. We have these Hukams and Bani. And no where does it say for a split second that Dastar for a Gursikh doesn't matter. Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa has said if you don't obey your father Hukams and don't keep hair and Dastar like him then how can you be called the son of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj.

We have come into mahakalyug and many amritdharis are now lost in their rituals and are forsaking the purity that is required for sachkandh, many are being kicked out of sachkandh due to the new laws.

Sachkhand is not something that people can lose. Satguru blesses the atma with Sachkhand and that atma unites with Akal Purakh and will never be separated from Akal Purakh. How can Akal kick himself out of Sachkhand? What is separate after you unite with Akal Purakh? New laws? What does Maharaj say in Sri Mool Mantar da paat, by speak the following lines:

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj revealed the Truth to the universes as to when they were created. Nothing was left without a void. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj gave the Khalsa the complete form (SaintSoldier) and the Amritdhari is not lacking in any thing. Guru Sahib was/is Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj and didn't leave anything out. But let's take your new laws thinking up and apply it to Gurmat. Since the Bhagats didn't take Amrit from the Punj Pyare then they are going to be kicked out. The new law was to take Amrit from the Punj Pyare and whoever is in Sachkhand and didn't take it are going to be kicked out. Bhai Sahib Sachkhand is not bound to time, Sachkhand is Akal and is lacking in nothing. Once you enter Sachkhand then that atma becomes lacking in nothing. No Amritdhari, Bhagat, Saint, etc that followed Maharaj as to he revealed will ever have to come again.

The darkness has grown so thick that even the religious are dissolusioned, the only saviour is Satnam, naam which is the light. Don't be fooled by the imagery of the world, it is all false, our looks, you, me, everyone. If we live in this gyan and mool mantar along with naam how can we go wrong, it's only when we become NOTHING- Like Him, that we progress- our ego, our minds are the only thing keeping us from him- if we wear a dastar or not, it doesn't matter, don't even think about your looks, if you are concious of your looks instead of naam then you are in ego because while in naam you are becoming nothing.

The fact you say dastar is about looks, shows that you have a biased against wearing a dastar or are lacking in knowledge on why Gursikhs wear a dastar. Gursikhs don't wear a dastar for looking good or higher, but to fullfill their duty of a Sikh of the Guru with love. Again Bhai Sahib you avoid my question. So again please answer the questions and stop ignoring it.

The Bhagats followed Satguru 100% in their time. Are you doing the same by telling others not to take Amrit of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj?

Bhenay your not alone! I have facial hair as well, places where i never had it before such as a on the cheeks and chin. In the starting, I was insecure but then it hit me that i should be PROUD of this kesh. Do you think Mata Saaheb Kaur Jee had no facial hair? Even other Singhneaa... Some Chardekalaa gursikhs were discussing this and said Kamaaee vale singhneeah get kesh on thier face more than others. Rom Rom - vaaheguroovaaheguroo! Be PROUD of it bhenay, with your head high, do not care what classmates, family or anyone has to say. At the end. its only guroosaaaheb who matters =)

• 2 weeks later...

im nt an expert but i'll say this at the end of the day ur true self is ur soul not the body, and dnt listen to people, everyone is born with hair on their body... its jus most people (who dnt hav much confidence to stand up for wht they really look like) get rid of them cus they are so worried about their personal appearance but they dnt really understand that their true self is their soul not the body.. at dharam raj's court its nt the body which will be judged its gonna be the soul who'll have to go through this. and thank your guru that he gifted you gurbani to fight all the 5 theifs and read gurbani it gives u strength. remember u are khalsa ur soul is purer than gold!!!

as u knw im human n do make mistake so bhulchuk leyi maaf karna.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest RavindaSingh

Lool you guys are overthinkin this WAAAAY too much ! look keep your hair its not your body u dont own anything your only here to help yourselves if someone does nindia of you let them but be happy with the hair your given as its a gift from Vaheguru are you seriously thinkin that you are so high and mighty to defile Vahegurus gift ?! its only due to western world that we have soo much insecurity issues and 'hair' issues.

Dont think just do ! dont cut any hair as it will grow more and be happy with what your given.....your here to correct your atma and attain salvation through Guru Maharaj not ponder over how hair is affecting ur social lives just stick to Gurus feet and jap naam and all your affairs will be resolved i hope you bhanji's take this advice at least a bit and apply it in the best way possible.

I believe there is a sakhi of when Guru Gobind Singh jee showed pyar to this Singh and hugged him but when the Singh took out a hair which was white because it didnt look neat and thought Guru jee would be pleased, he went back to Guru jee the next day and asked Guru jee why he didnt hug him as per usual and I believe that Guru said because you have not embraced Vahegurus gift.....Please correct me if im wrong but thats the general idea of not cutting or plucking kesh as its our identity

Get over the haunkaar that is urself sayin that ur beauty and appearance is more important than your father,teacher,beloved...your Guru's hukam

Maaf karo if ive said anything to offend anyone...and please dont start arguments over my post :) K thanks

a big problem for girls is that when they are sahajdhari or before that as mona sikh they have facial hair/arm pits hair/legs hair etc etc removed just for the sake of fashion/ego..but later on life when they choose to follow the path of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Sikhi, then they must refrain from this and as a result they have excess

hair (as the hair folicles react to being cut by growing more longer) and then they start making a fuss about not looking normal.

therefore girls and boys are warned of the consequences of doing beadbi to the body