Facial Hair Issue

Guest sadphenji

Guest singhni

But what about those girls, like me, who have never removed hair and still has quite a bit (not alot) but thick hairs on body and face?

If it is not excessive then it is just genetics. Not a big deal, some girls have that.

Guest Sleepy

Don't worry about it. Don't question God's gift be proud. When u look at why a lot of people remove hair it's to 'build confidence'. I call that insecurities because there copyin everyone else. Why else would they remove their hair. . . It's because everyone else does so.

Be proud of being different and unique. Look around you, everyone is copying the person next to them. Stand out from the croud. Dont be a sheep.

I dnt mind when I get asked questions but when people stare at me I stare back lol.

This lady just kept staring at me today making it so blatantly obvious. So I couldn't help but stare right back and she looked away. I really felt like saying "Yes that's right we all have hair, some like to remove it and as u can see some like to keep it, u gt any questions?"

Then again she may gave been starin at my dastaar, it was done a bit rough today lol

But what about those girls, like me, who have never removed hair and still has quite a bit (not alot) but thick hairs on body and face?

Its in our genes (as South Asians). Nothing you can do about that.

EDIT: Although I do know of Sikhs who barely have hair on their arms and legs (and they don't shave, etc). Guess it's the luck of the draw too. But generally, we do have a higher tendency - in comparison to other races - of bodily hair growth.

• 4 months later...

I am a 12yr old amritdhari girl. I took amrit just a few months ago. It was in the easter holz. When I went back to school I wore a patka but before i had a fringe and hair in a pony tail. People asked what it was so I told them. Some of them respected me some were just speechless and walked away. I didnt really care at the time. When I took amrit I didn't realise that you got hair in so many places. I didnt really care at all. But thn again I went to an all girl school. I do however get a bus and their were boys on it they didnt say anything just spoke to me as they normally did. But if they did I wouldnt have minded. But thn one day I looked in the mirror and realised I have a lot of hair for my age. I didnt care about arms and legs, ect. Just the facial ones-i realised I am developing a light moustache and unibrow. It bothered me at first when I noticed it. But then I watched a movie about Bhai Taru Singh Ji and how he sacrificed his life 4 kesh and sikhi. It made me cry when Bhai Taru Ji's top part of the head (not sure wat its called). From that day on whenI look at myself in the mirror and the eyebrows or upper lip bothers me i think 'At least I can stand here and proudly say I am the true daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji'. Once or twice a monee (sorry for the phrase asked me if i could rempve any of my kesh I replied no its forbidden. She went eww, I was offended at first but then my thought came to me. Also once I was waiting at the bus atop with my friend who is keshdhari bit not yet amritdhari and she wears a daastaar. A black man walkd past us and turned to face her, he yelled loudly pointing at her daastaar bee hive and laughed while continuosly looking back. She showed no hostility or sadnesses but simply said 'oi dont be racist yh, mind ur own bussiness' and carried on with what she was doing before. This insipired me and made me feel that she could help me lots. She did. She still does.

Im sorry I know this post is very very long but i just wanted to share my story and if possible help inspire any phen jis that feel shaken or awkward when following sikhi as Guru ji's hukam. In short Sikhi IS beautiful, uncut, natural kesh is one of it basic but most important parts of it. Bhull chuck maff karne.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

All the Singhnia I've ever met in my life have wonderfully thin eyebrows and not one errant hair above their lips or on the chin. So either they're all exceptionally blessed so as not to be prone to the human condition, or something dodgy is going on.

I wouldn't like to say as I reckon Waheguru provides for you if a person really believes.

I don't think you're looking properly mate. All the Singhnia I know have facial hair. It may be very fine in some cases, but it is most definitely there.

im nt an expert but i'll say this at the end of the day ur true self is ur soul not the body, and dnt listen to people, everyone is born with hair on their body... its jus most people (who dnt hav much confidence to stand up for wht they really look like) get rid of them cus they are so worried about their personal appearance but they dnt really understand that their true self is their soul not the body.. at dharam raj's court its nt the body which will be judged its gonna be the soul who'll have to go through this. and thank your guru that he gifted you gurbani to fight all the 5 theifs and read gurbani it gives u strength. remember u are khalsa ur soul is purer than gold!!!

as u knw im human n do make mistake so bhulchuk leyi maaf karna.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh!

Our physical appearance and actions are interlinked with our soul. What we wear and what we do to our bodies has a direct impact on our aatma. The mindset of someone who refuses to touch their kesh is different from someone who cuts their hair. It shows strength of character, amongst other things.

_._<p class="author_info">

• default_large.png
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Our physical appearance and actions are interlinked with our soul. What we wear and what we do to our bodies has a direct impact on our aatma. The mindset of someone who refuses to touch their kesh is different from someone who cuts their hair. It shows strength of character, amongst other things.

yup ur right...

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...

If it was a choice between not getting married and not living grihast jivan to make next generation of sikhs and living a life of solitude i would say to my sisters do what needs to b done. You shud tell the fanatic men to live a day in your shoes b4 writing another word . Some might thing this is a corrupt view some may block this comment but unless we discuss issues openly we will bury topics under the carpet along with the future of sikhs

Cancer is 2 2 2 2 a growth that his surplus it is not natural like that cond. Tha make women have beard. Jux go 2 docto n get them fixe