Facial Hair Issue

Guest sadphenji

If it was a choice between not getting married and not living grihast jivan to make next generation of sikhs and living a life of solitude i would say to my sisters do what needs to b done. You shud tell the fanatic men to live a day in your shoes b4 writing another word. Some might thing this is a corrupt view some may block this comment but unless we discuss issues openly we will bury topics under the carpet along with the future of sikhs

Cancer is 2 2 2 2 a growth that his surplus it is not natural like that cond. Tha make women have beard. Jux go 2 docto n get them fixe

What about the Singhs that are rejected by bibian to the point where they can't find a partner because they wear a dastar and don't cut their hair. Should they also cut their hair and take off the Dastar to find a worldly partner? Unfortunately many have and when i meet some of these guys, they say Singha we were so wrong to cut our hair. We have married a woman that doesn't have her focus on Maharaj, but we want to get back to Sikhi. but we can't without the wife...you are so lucky you didn't cut your hair. Then the three words come out....I regret it. I'm give the sangat here the same advice i give them. Satguru takes care of his Sikhs. Satguru is watching, listening and speaking to us everyday and stands right with us, every minute and every second. Let's turn our faces to Bhagat Prahlad ji. Look at the faith, the trust, the love for Maharaj, bhagat ji had. He didn't for one second doubt Maharaj would leave him. Maharaj came and destroyed the maya that was trying to attack him. What is stronger than the love of a father, who took care of you from birth? Bhagat Prahlad ji didn't get anrgy with is father or showed any hate. So ask yourself what did Bhagat ji have that we don't have and fall into small traps of maya like removing hair? Bhagat ji was strong in his bhagti. He would sit and meditate for hours on Raam with love and devotion. Nothing else mattered in the world, only Maharaj sweet darshan was his aim. With his mind he served Maharaj by singing his praises and falling at his feet over and over. Where is our devotion and love for Maharaj? We read, sing the praise of Maharaj 24/7 in Gurbani, but how many put their tongue to this hard work? Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa before becoming jivan mukht would sit in isolation for hours meditating on Maharaj. Sant ji started off with meditating on Maharaj with reading one or two paats and actually taking the teachings to heart. Do we do this? How come after leaving the Gurdwara we lose all sense of what the Kathavachak was telling us? But when it comes to university test we sit and listen very attentively and writing down everything that will be on the exam. Meditate on Maharaj and see why we don't have the love and devotion for Maharaj that all the jivan mukht souls got after hardwork. We all have gone or go to university and know what it takes to have an A+ gpa. All the quality effort and time we put in, adds up to countless hours. Some assignment for only 5%, we put in easily 10 hours. We go back and forth correcting our mistakes in the assignments. Making sure there is no mistake in any sentence or any word and go to the extent of making sure every letter is correct. And it is not a one day process to get the A+ on the assignment we spend many days. What about when it comes to Maharaj. You know what we do? We say Maharaj give us everything right now because i read one paat. We stand up right away before Maharaj and have this long list of demands in ardas and if we don't get it that second, then we absorb ourselves in anger. There was no quality effort put in, we read the paat only to finish it and close the gutka and then go for what brings our mind enjoyment (everyone has their fun activities; friends, a tv show, favorite books, family, etc). When will we realize that singing Maharaj praises is the fun activity? Sant Jagjit Singh ji says when we say Sarbat Da bhalla, doesn't that also include ourselves, so why are we asking for anything else? Yes beg from Satguru, but beg in the way Bhagat Dhanna Jaat ji Maharaj did. When we do paat, we are getting graded on it by Satguru? Yes it's easier to please a university professor, but look into what it takes to please Satguru and then enroll in this course of love and devotion for Satguru. Every second of our day we would be in anand (bliss) our mind will be satisfied, our thirst for Maharaj darshan will grow stronger, the presence of Maharaj Saint will be our camponions, to sacrifice our mind and body to Maharaj in countless ways would be our hearts desire. Satguru takes care of his devotees, Maharaj makes everything right for his Sikhs. Whether that be school, work, family, and If it is husband or wife we are seeking then fall at Maharaj feet with love and devotion like Bhagat Dhanna Jat ji Maharaj did. Amend the mind into love for Satguru and no one will ever contemplate over whether or not to cut hair anywhere from the body.

Let's absorb ourselves in Satguru devotion and watch the anand that comes to the mind.

• 2 weeks later...

If members stop referring to having less hair as a "blessing" and having more hair as something they have to unfortunately deal with, it might make it easier for bibiya to cope with this. It's not a "problem", its a gift. It should be celebrated, not looked down upon.

Respect should be given to those strong enough to keep kes and those who do not go for the easy option and bleech, because well, "technically it's not cutting". ( *Sigh*)

So, i ask as a benti to the sangat, instead of saying those bibiya that naturally have less hair are "SO LUCKY", say they are less fortunate, because god didn't bless them as much!

gurmuiK roim roim hir iDAwvY ]

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

Vahegurooooo

rom is not hair it means pores. Also women with excessive hair on their face or without are both 'LUCKY'. However it's not natural if a woman gets lots of hair on her face because it is associated with a hormonal problem. They should see a GP for medication as it can also mean they could have fertility issues as well...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Singhni

singh154, just because a bibi has facial hair, does NOT necessarily mean she has a hormonal problem. Maharaaj has blessed me with facial hair (almost a full dhari) and I have been checked out many times for hormonal issues. All levels are within the normal range!

Of course, just because my hormone levels are normal, doesn't mean everyone's are, so I agree that bibi's should get tested :).

To all sisters with facial hair, stay strong. There are many different ways of looking at things. The way I see it, it's not MY kes, it's Guru Jee's kes. In the same way as this life, this body etc is not mine, it's Guru Jee's.

Kes does not have to stop you from anything. Maharaaj has blessed me with a professional job in contact with the public at all times, living and working in an area with only a handful Amritdhari Sikhs! It is a test, of course it is, but is Sikhi not "khaneyo tikhi valoh nikki"? As Bhai Gurdaas Jee says, Gursikhi bareek hai".

As far as marriage, only a tiny number of Singhs are blessed with the eyes to accept this roop. Maharaaj has done immense kirpa on those Singhs who have those eyes. But yes, they are few in number. Again, Gurbani reminds us that koi virlai hee nai who are true Gursikhs.

I beg for maafi if this post offends. I only speak from the heart about my own experiences.

Ok...

1. It's widely accepted that "rom" means hair. Nonetheless, the significance of kes in Sikhi is OBVIOUS; we're told to keep it, take care of it, most of us believe it is one of our panj kakkars. Hair equates to strength. The ability to meditate through each hair. From a Sikhi perspective, it is obviously a blessing; those who think otherwise are just too caught up with societal expectations- totally non-Sikh perspectives.

2. If one has a hormonal imbalance, that doesn't negate from the concept of your kes being Maharaj's hukam. If a hormonal imbalance causes you to have more hair, that doesn't negate the fact that it's a blessing. Furthermore, let's not be ignorant. Getting yourself checked out and finding out you have a hormonal imbalance doesn't solve ANYTHING- there's largely nothing that can be done about it. One can take contraceptives which raise the estrogen levels, like the pill, but not only does that have other side effects, it does NOT stop your hair growing! It may make your menstrual cycle regular, that's it. So I think it's funny that people think you can go get checked out and take some sort of medicine for a hormonal imbalance.

3. If it was meant to be, it was meant to be. Why is this so hard to understand? There is nothing natural that will stop your hair growing. Before getting into Sikhi and becoming a Singhni, I had painful laser hair removal for 4 YEARS- the hair still gew back exactly the same way after all those treatments. It took me all those years to understand Maharaj's hukam and the GREAT blessing he's given me.

4. If you truly have faith in Maharaj then you won't worry about finding a partner. If he's written then you'll find one, then you will. If not, accept it as sweet. It's the same with everyone.

To all sisters with facial hair, stay strong. There are many different ways of looking at things. The way I see it, it's not MY kes, it's Guru Jee's kes. In the same way as this life, this body etc is not mine, it's Guru Jee's.

Kes does not have to stop you from anything. Maharaaj has blessed me with a professional job in contact with the public at all times, living and working in an area with only a handful Amritdhari Sikhs! It is a test, of course it is, but is Sikhi not "khaneyo tikhi valoh nikki"? As Bhai Gurdaas Jee says, Gursikhi bareek hai".

As far as marriage, only a tiny number of Singhs are blessed with the eyes to accept this roop. Maharaaj has done immense kirpa on those Singhs who have those eyes. But yes, they are few in number. Again, Gurbani reminds us that koi virlai hee nai who are true Gursikhs.

I beg for maafi if this post offends. I only speak from the heart about my own experiences.

Thanks singhni bhenji, this was beautiful!! :)

singh154, just because a bibi has facial hair, does NOT necessarily mean she has a hormonal problem. Maharaaj has blessed me with facial hair (almost a full dhari) and I have been checked out many times for hormonal issues. All levels are within the normal range!

Of course, just because my hormone levels are normal, doesn't mean everyone's are, so I agree that bibi's should get tested :).

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Singhni ji your Sidak(sincere faith) in Sikh Code of Conduct is commendable.

People like you are remembered by Sikh Panth in Ardas

" Sikhi kesa(n) suaasa(n) sang nibhae tina di pavitar kamae da dhyan dhar ke bolo ji WAHEGURU "

Guru Sahib hor kirpa karan ji.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh