Facial Hair Issue

Guest sadphenji

All the Singhnia I've ever met in my life have wonderfully thin eyebrows and not one errant hair above their lips or on the chin. So either they're all exceptionally blessed so as not to be prone to the human condition, or something dodgy is going on.

I wouldn't like to say as I reckon Waheguru provides for you if a person really believes.

some singhnis have more/less hair than others.. we cant assume that they do their eyebrows.. i used to have naturally thin eyebrows until i started doing them (when i wasnt into sikhi) luckily i didnt get too much hair on the face although i do have thick eyerbrows and facial hair its not too bad.. :\

most singhnis have less facial hair is because they never got rid of their hair... and they dont get a lot og think hair like those that used to do it...

i so badly wish i never shaved :( but w/e have to deal with this now..

so its wrong to assume that singhnis do their eyebrows without knowing for sure..and its also wrong to assume that some with more than usual hair ever got rid of hair because some people are naturally hairy.

my arms/legs are thick.. :( because i used to shave.. so yh it sucks!! dont touch ur hair because they will grow back more thick..!! :| although kes is a gift from guru jee its so hard for especially women to not shave and live in a society that believes in shaving.. some people understand...some people dont and make it hard for us but we must remember that we cant worry too much about public opinion.. although i do but its not the right way...

someone here was comparing having cold to women with facial hair.. :\ and men growing breast to women having facial hair... :\ uhhh... men growing breast is very abnormal.. but its normal for women to grow hair on upperlip and thick eyebrows.. its totally normal i think most women have facial hair but how much varies... if its a lot then theres prolly hormonal problems!

muslim women arent supposed to do their eyebrows either because they also believe in staying n hukam as well too but since in islam its important to look good for ur husband they allow twitching around eyebrows.. and other facial hair... but in sikhi vaheguroojees ur husband and he doesnt consider your facial beauty :)

Guest silent

naam and Gurbani can fulfill worldly desires. in detail.

- Amritvela must be pukka.

- A lot of times Gurbani has mentioned, also Bhai Gurdaas jis vaar has said, our prayers are heard during amritvela. Hence, we should try our hardest at that time of the day. We should also do ardaas pleading to Guru ji to fulfill these desires. You can't just do ardaas to fulfill desires, you have to do Naam and Gurbani abhiyaas, otherwise Guru ji can make you get your desires through a worldly ways (from experience).

- Banis that help fulfill desires are anand sahib, japji sahib, chaupai sahib, sukhmani sahib.

- Do not read Gurbani, it must be sung and done from the heart.

- The reason why you have to do loads and from the heart is because you have to win Guru jis heart. The Bhagti has to be noticeable to Guru ji that it becomes very pleasing to Guru ji.

The only problem is, only a few will make that effort as most do not have the energy, will power, and faith. I understand that most of peoples days are busy, thats why I said most effort should be made at amritvela. The rest of day, we should to do atth pehar naam abhiyaas.

Guest Guest

Many times I get the feeling that we have made sikhi into a very masculine religion. A question to ponder, if a man were to develop breast tissue (it happens), would you say that it's also a gift of god and to just 'live with it'?

I should also note that biba having 'excessive' facial hair appears to be a rather new phenomenon. If we look at our grandmothers, they usually rarely have much facial hair. I am of the opinion that food we eat these days is laden with chemicals, which interferes with the body's natural hormone balance and causes all sorts of problems.

To clarify my stance, I'm not advocating removal of hair, but rather, I'm advocating cleaning up our diets so we do not ingest unhealthy chemicals and screw up our hormone imbalance.

I disagree. Older women after menopause especially have extra hair coming on the chin, etc. You probably havent met enough strict older Amritdhari Singhnia if you havent seen it.

Hair growth is primiarily genetic and Indians, Latinos and those from the Mediterranian are in particular known as the more "hairy" ethnicities, whilst Oriental or Native American men would find it difficult to even grow a full beard.

The food we eat may have more chemicals in it, but it is hocus pocus and completely non-scientific to say that these things are "screwing up" our hormone levels. If there was any possibility of hormonal influence of our modern environment or food, it would actually be making people more femininised and "less hairy" with all the oestrogens claimed to be in waters, plastics, etc.

There are certain things that do cause hormonal imbalances - being grossly overweight or underweight, or having nutritional deficiencies, can affect normal hormone levels. Otherwise, you have to deal with what God has given you.

Guest singhni

phenji, i think ur ultimate goal is to take amrit...right??

if u are considering laser before amrit think about this:

the hair on our body is based on genetics.. what if u marry and have children. For example have a daughter who got hair on upperlips, dealing the same as u....would u support her in removing the hair? You want ofcourse ur kids to follow sikhi...will this be possible...what if she finds out u took the easy road....

just think about how u wanna grow up your kids, then think about how guru ji wants his kids to grow up....

bhul chuk maaf.

Guest gupt singh

i believe vaniqa cream is licensed in the uk for women whom suffer from hirsutism secondary to polycstic ovarian syndrome, so if you think you may have this then see your doctor. It is ultimately doing beadbi of your kes in my opinion. If you have PCOS then speak to your doctor-metformin or progesterone pills may help with hirsutism (though they may not) love your kes because it is gurujis gift

Guest Singhini

Im not impressed with the negativity of kesh in this topic. People are saying they are "lucky" that they don't have that much hair. Stop being so ashamed of your kesh! The fact that you're keeping your hair shouldn't be a punishment.

I think people are really forgetting the importance of Kesh. People should know the significance of hair. Every SIKH (not man or woman) should feel that they can hold your head up high with the roop vaheguroo has bestowed on them.

gurmuiK roim roim hir iDAwvY ]

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

So, i guess those who cut their hair lose out in the long run eh?

Guest Guest

gurmuiK roim roim hir iDAwvY ]

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

So, i guess those who cut their hair lose out in the long run eh?

No, people who cut their hair, bleach it, electrolyse or laser it, or use special creams or pills to stop it growing, lose out not in the long run but in fact immediately because they become Bujjar Kurehati and are considered Patits, or apostates. A Bujjar Kurehati cannot gain Mukti and is most likely punished severely in the afterlife for breaking their commitment to Guru Sahib.

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20|| ang 1412

The above seems like a very hard task, but when your doing nitnem with devotion then where is the doubt? Sing tuhi tuhi tuhi...... all day and night and your problems get lost in the love of Satguru.