Facial Hair Issue

Guest sadphenji

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 484

Awsw ]

aasaa ||

Aasaa:

krvqu Blw n krvt qyrI ]

karavath bhalaa n karavatt thaeree ||

I would rather be cut apart by a saw, than have You turn Your back on me.

lwgu gly sunu ibnqI myrI ]1]

laag galae sun binathee maeree ||1||

Hug me close, and listen to my prayer. ||1||

hau vwrI muKu Pyir ipAwry ]

ho vaaree mukh faer piaarae ||

I am a sacrifice to You - please, turn Your face to me, O Beloved Lord.

krvtu dy mo kau kwhy kau mwry ]1] rhwau ]

karavatt dhae mo ko kaahae ko maarae ||1|| rehaao ||

Why have You turned Your back to me? Why have You killed me? ||1||Pause||

jau qnu cIrih AMgu n morau ]

jo than cheerehi a(n)g n moro ||

Even if You cut my body apart, I shall not pull my limbs away from You.

ipMfu prY qau pRIiq n qorau ]2]

pi(n)dd parai tho preeth n thoro ||2||

Even if my body falls, I shall not break my bonds of love with You. ||2||

hm qum bIcu BieE nhI koeI ]

ham thum beech bhaeiou nehee koee ||

Between You and I, there is no other.

qumih su kMq nwir hm soeI ]3]

thumehi s ka(n)th naar ham soee ||3||

You are the Husband Lord, and I am the soul-bride. ||3||

khqu kbIru sunhu ry loeI ]

kehath kabeer sunahu rae loee ||

Says Kabeer, listen, O people:

Ab qumrI prqIiq n hoeI ]4]2]35]

ab thumaree paratheeth n hoee ||4||2||35||

now, I place no reliance in you. ||4||2||35||

I'm sick of everyone complaining about the hair on their upper lip or their eyebrows. It makes me feel very insecure. Imagine having hirsutism, where you have hair everywhere... yes, everywhere. That's me. Yet after years of laser, shaving, plucking, waxing, I'm choosing to grow it this summer, so I'm sure you lot can put up with a couple of chin hairs or whatever.

Guest Someone

The tea is just meant to balance your hormones- decrease androgens to where it should be. If some people have a lot more hair on their face than others then its a medicinal problem. They have an imbalance. :-)

Guest Guest

The main reason for hair is your race - South Asians are naturally hairier. There is a normal amount androgens in all women - they are not just for men. Unless you have had a blood test to show an abnormality in hormones, it is wrong to take teas, creams or pills to try and decrease hair.

Guest Satnaam truth mantra

well, ive learnt a lot about sikhi..... i used to do my eyebrows, remove facial hair (on upperlip) well ive stopped with all this, and i want to seriously start to follow guru ji's path

at first i started with full confidence..

but now the facial hair is getting more....i get very insecure..

it feels like my classmates just stare at the hair,, my family would torture me, even my dad...

i just cant accept the fact... that this hair is coming back, and coming back worse..

i feel so sad, but i cant turn my guru ji down

some [close 2 me] recommend to do laser

how can i do this, this is fooling the world, but not fooling guru ji

but guru ji can do incredible things, he makes thing happen that never can

will guru ji listen to my ardas, reduce hair?

i feel ashamed asking this

but at this point ,

everyone who talks to me about this, cant imagine , caus they have not that much hair, or even dont have...

Make up your own mind, intuition is the voice of god, listen to your heart (truly go deep and listen through naam simran) and do what it says- He lives in our heart, within and all the answers are there. Do not pay attention to guilt as maya can cause this feeling, and don't listen to others, this path is yours alone, we came alone and we go alone. God loves us unconditionally and the one thing he wants us to do is practice his name and practice good deeds (naam simran/bhagti). Naam will get you across, not facial hair, religious dress or anything else. Guru Gobind Singh Ji made amrit according to the times, alot of people are not strong enough in bhagti to commit to the path, if you can commit without amrit and drink and commit to the most powerful amrit(the holy life force/ Truth/ Him) as confirmed in gurbani(amrit naam- his name which is truth- the Satnam) the outer self must die and this can be done without taking amrit as it was with Guru Nanak and the bhagats before him and many after. (Once you are fixed from the inside and found god through naam, everything else will come into place.

As you go higher and higher in your bhagti you will see that outer appearance does not matter, indeed the naam simran will even change your outer appearance as it has changed my own, his name is the most powerful mantra known to humankind.

Clean yourself from within with the white light of naam and the answers will come flowing to you. The gyan of gurbani comes from within, from god himself who resides in us. Where else do you think the gurus and bhagats got it from? We read it but on the bhagti path it is experienced- you will hear the anhad naad, see things and feel things- have darshans, reach sachkandh and gain liberation. Mediate on the words of gurbani, its all you need. Talk about your darshans and experiences with others if it helps, the brahmgyanis will be happy that you are spreading His word and glory and helping others along the way.

This life is all about Bhagti, it is the Only thing we were put here for, every thing else is just procratination. We carry on through births and deaths until we take up the path, every one must do it sooner or later so why not start now, it is the most fulfilling and beautiful gift he has given us, self realization- do not lose the essence of bhagti which is love and naam, that is all that matters- practice this intuitivley and the answers will come on their own as clear as day. Good luck.

Make up your own mind, intuition is the voice of god, listen to your heart (truly go deep and listen through naam simran) and do what it says- He lives in our heart, within and all the answers are there. Do not pay attention to guilt as maya can cause this feeling, and don't listen to others, this path is yours alone, we came alone and we go alone. God loves us unconditionally and the one thing he wants us to do is practice his name and practice good deeds (naam simran/bhagti). Naam will get you across, not facial hair, religious dress or anything else. Guru Gobind Singh Ji made amrit according to the times, alot of people are not strong enough in bhagti to commit to the path, if you can commit without amrit and drink and commit to the most powerful amrit(the holy life force/ Truth/ Him) as confirmed in gurbani(amrit naam- his name which is truth- the Satnam) the outer self must die and this can be done without taking amrit as it was with Guru Nanak and the bhagats before him and many after. (Once you are fixed from the inside and found god through naam, everything else will come into place.

If Amrit was created according to the times then the Banis (Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Swaiyve, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib) that were read to create Amrit were according to the times as well. So stop reading the Banis as well, since your saying Sikhs don't need to take Amrit anymore. This is the problem with people today. They speak of Naam Simran, but they are full of ego. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj made the Amrit out of the Banis that are eternal. Those that drink the Amrit of Satguru ji also join the path of Akal. Satguru gave a hukam to not do beadbi of hair, and gave us the five Kakkar as permanent body parts. All this was adorned to us by first reciting the Bani of Akal. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj got down on his knee and took Amrit from the Punj Pyare. There cannot be a clearer sign than this that all Sikhs MUST take Amrit from the Punj Pyare. And any person that has done bhagti in their life on Gurbani, then they will never in their life tell others, you don't have to take Amrit. Gurbani tells us to follow Satguru and doesn't tell us to follow the mind. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj is the same as Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj, so how can you say no Amrit was taken? Satguru has Amrit in them, Satguru is not like you and me who need to reach Akal, Satguru is Akal. Don't drag Satguru down to your thinking, attach your head to Satguru's feet and then walk. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj by giving us Amrit gave us the perfect eternal form. Satguru never blesses his Sikhs with any thing other than Akal. The Bhagats followed Satguru 100% in their time. Are you doing the same by telling others not to take Amrit of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj?

As you go higher and higher in your bhagti you will see that outer appearance does not matter, indeed the naam simran will even change your outer appearance as it has changed my own, his name is the most powerful mantra known to humankind.

Clean yourself from within with the white light of naam and the answers will come flowing to you. The gyan of gurbani comes from within, from god himself who resides in us. Where else do you think the gurus and bhagats got it from?

There is a difference from the Gurus and Bhagats. The Gurus were/are Akal Purakh themselves from the beginning and the Bhagats had to reach Akal Purakh by doing bhagti in time. They became Akal after follow Satguru 100%. Again im ask you the same question are you follow Satguru 100% by telling others not to take Amrit from Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj? The same Amrit Banis you curse are the same Banis you want others to do bhagti on. Become clear headed by letting go of your ego.

We read it but on the bhagti path it is experienced- you will hear the anhad naad, see things and feel things- have darshans, reach sachkandh and gain liberation. Mediate on the words of gurbani, its all you need. Talk about your darshans and experiences with others if it helps, the brahmgyanis will be happy that you are spreading His word and glory and helping others along the way.

This life is all about Bhagti, it is the Only thing we were put here for, every thing else is just procratination. We carry on through births and deaths until we take up the path, every one must do it sooner or later so why not start now, it is the most fulfilling and beautiful gift he has given us, self realization- do not lose the essence of bhagti which is love and naam, that is all that matters- practice this intuitivley and the answers will come on their own as clear as day. Good luck.

Listen to Sant Maskeen Singh ji's Katha. He says that any person that does bhagti with love and devotion on Gurbani, then that person will not have to be told to take Amrit. This person will want to take Amrit themselves. Amrit is not bitter, which came from a fake Guru. Amrit is sweet and it came from Satguru.

Guest Satnam Ji

If Amrit was created according to the times then the Banis (Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Swaiyve, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib) that were read to create Amrit were according to the times as well. So stop reading the Banis as well, since your saying Sikhs don't need to take Amrit anymore. This is the problem with people today. They speak of Naam Simran, but they are full of ego.

If we were not all full of ego we'd be merged with god as ego is the only thing that holds us back from Him. I was referencing the amrit from the ceremony, not naam amrit or amrit which comes from gurbani or from Truth. Amrit and naam pervades everywhere as all is god, it's a matter of becoming in tune with it/ anhad naad and eventually discovering it/Him.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj got down on his knee and took Amrit from the Punj Pyare. There cannot be a clearer sign than this that all Sikhs MUST take Amrit from the Punj Pyare.

One stating that enlightenment is not possible without amrit baptism or that amrit baptism will immediately make one pure is a fool, Guru Gobind Singh Ji stated the meaning of khalsa as the pure ones who repeat the naam every moment and keep the jyot lit within. He loves his devotees, yes amrit is great discipline and is good for morale in battle and on the battle field of life and maya, but our beloved guru also states that the lord is of no form as are we. Self effacement is the way to the lord as we are no different to him but are 'drops in the ocean' of the lord, anything else is maya so the longer we stay in maya, the longer we dwell on these things- outer apperance does not matter a single tiny little bit when we are nothing- we are of no gender, no race, no caste no creed, no nothing. Naam makes one lose the self and tune into truth. That is what the guru wants.

Gurbani tells us to follow Satguru and doesn't tell us to follow the mind. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj is the same as Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj, so how can you say no Amrit was taken? Satguru has Amrit in them, Satguru is not like you and me who need to reach Akal, Satguru is Akal.

Satguru is the Hirda, god resides in the hirda, listen to the heart, not the mind, silence the mind with naam. I never said amrit was not taken, but the highest form of amrit is naam, gurbani states this over and over and over again, but people do not listen, they place more importance on external appearence. The enlightened bhagat becomes akal, becomes the dust of the feet of all ie. nothing. They become god himself for god lives in a state of nothingness, read sukhmani sahib, there is no difference between the Brahmgyani and the Lord. This is shown with the inclusion of their gyan in SGGSJi.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj by giving us Amrit gave us the perfect eternal form. Satguru never blesses his Sikhs with any thing other than Akal.

And many now while the kalyug has become so much darker take amrit then go drinking, clubbing, indulge in the vices. A form does not make one pure, nor does it gurantee pureness in this life. The guru will only stand by you if you are in Truth, the external maya form holds no merit without total self effacement and amrit naam is the highest amrit, when you delve back into the maya <banned word filter activated> you are satan again. You can be a beggar, a leper or one unable to even wear clothes or a child and find/merge with the lord by chanting his name. Gurbani states the power of naam, IT IS GOD HIMSELF, it/HE overrides everything in the universe. One who doubts it's/His power is a fool.