Taking Over Gurudawara By Ravidasia

End of the day its the castists - chamars vs the Khalsa Panth - either they join the Khalsa and Sikh fold or they can get lost choose one or the other but we should not try to justify their acts as onlyfive said the true enemy is the bhaman the controller of the caste system i dont see jatts removing nishan sahibs and replacing them with another symbol all i see is the Sikh qoum vs a CULT and thats what these ravidasiaa lot are a cult who blur the lines between Sikhs and Hindus with their practices and stance all of them go to the mandir as well as their own temples .Enoughs enough they are no better than ram rahim namdharis or narkhdahris and radhasawmis they believe in living men like my man ramanand who got shot up and they are no diff to the pakhandi deras

Its just us trying to be politically correct by not calling them pakhandis or cults as we fear someone might lablel us castist.

Not saying we dont have people from Chamar background as Gursikhs - but they cease to be Chamar or the cult ravidasssia who dont even follow bhagat jis teachings

Bunch of amateurs, worst thing is the 6 who went on this mission did it for money, alot of money and still failed.

That may well be true, seeing as it was all due to internal land/ power struggles. Or so the president of the UK Ravidass Sabha said.

Stay on topic please - this is about the wider issue of a cult being formed for solely political reasons and distracting people from the real issues. Taking over or disrespecting places of worship is plain wrong.

. They need to stop getting their favoured treatment via 'positive discrimination' in terms of education and top jobs.....and should be given, instead, a damn good beating.

Really, and are you going to administer it WLS? Take that attitude to Punjab now and as the old punjabi saying goes "Your maternal Grandmother will come to mind"

^ :o

Seeing as you support the policy in Punjab at the moment whereby those university students belonging to the new Ravidassia religion only need a 35% mark in their exam to gain a B.A honours degree whereas the Sikh student needs a 75% mark. Seeing as you like the policies at the moment whereby the graduates belonging to the new Ravidassia religion are guaranteed by law a job whereas the Sikh graduate is reduced to hiding under lorries in order to live the life of a refugee in a camp at Calais because he hasn't a chance in hell of a job back home. Seeing as you like and approve of these sort of things and we take it you are not a shameless hypocrite.....surely we can take it for granted that you spend most if not all of your spare time campaigning and lobbying Parliament to bring similar measures here....to help bridge the north-south divide ?

Seeing things with a more global perspective, anyone with a shred of intelligence couldn't help but notice that there is massive amounts of flux going on, in terms of inter-groups dynamics and the challenging of long standing status quos in the world right now.

I guess this is how this new 'havaa' is effecting East Panjab?

It's not a bad idea to learn the lesson about keeping abreast of discontent so as to not have it 'burst' out in these ways. There are a lot of people having to learn this lesson out there today (just take a peek at the mideast), I don't think Sikhs/Panjabis are exempt from this experience.

Long term, if we want Sikhi to dominate East Panjab, we have to integrate everyone into it. Not give them a marginalised or second rate position in it. That is an underlying principle of the faith anyway. What we can learn is that failing to do this and expecting people to be happy with second rate positions we begrudgingly give them will blow up in our face, sooner or later.

Sikhs seem to have massive problems learning such things but the stakes are way too high to carry on like this.

Long term, if we want Sikhi to dominate East Panjab, we have to integrate everyone into it. Not give them a marginalised or second rate position in it

And I agree with that. But....all the 'positive discrimination' policies in Punjab at the moment are achieving is to turn the tables......by making the formerly oppressed the dominant power and the formerly powerfull the oppressed. What useful purpose does that achieve ? Its a recipe for disaster.

Those people are being given every break possible. We give them breaks in education.....breaks in the job market....we make them high ranking policemen just because of their background.....we make them high court judges just because of their background....we make them professors and teachers just because of their background. We give them these ladders at our expense. But....instead of saying thank you they break the ladder up and beat us 'round the head with the bits of wood :6 Question is...who is more stupid...they or us ?

And I agree with that. But....all the 'positive discrimination' policies in Punjab at the moment are achieving is to turn the tables......by making the formerly oppressed the dominant power and the formerly powerfull the oppressed. What useful purpose does that achieve ? Its a recipe for disaster.

Those people are being given every break possible. We give them breaks in education.....breaks in the job market....we make them high ranking policemen just because of their background.....we make them high court judges just because of their background....we make them professors and teachers just because of their background. We give them these ladders at our expense. But....instead of saying thank you they break the ladder up and beat us 'round the head with the bits of wood :6 Question is...who is more stupid...they or us ?

I don't agree with you at all here. You're probably speaking from the perspective of someone from a privileged community in the face of some loss of privileges. Long term I think these 'positive discrimination' policies are potentially a good thing. Young people don't remember the time when all institutes were unashamedly dominated by whites here in Britain (not that they aren't now!) and what effect this used to have. It's unhealthy for any one group to dominate any field. Especially one with long standing ingrained notions of superiority. Imagine if the police were still openly racist here in the UK and how that would effect our day to day lives for example. Youngsters today have it too easy and haven't really experienced open, pervasive, unabashed discrimination like used to exist before so often they can't relate to other people going through it.

In the long haul, these positive discrimination policies should result is checks and balances in Panjabi society. And they are essential because we know damn well the the privileged will not relinquish their advantage willingly. They will fight this all the way. So they need to be forced into it. But to argue against this is similar to the argumentations that backwards, redneck whites used to produce against the civil rights movement in the US.

Plus the former oppressors going through a period of oppression before things balance themselves out is not a bad thing, because it should cause them to reflect on their own previous actions/behaviour and hopefully make them think twice about going down that route in subsequent generations.

Then why ain't you campaigning hard for the same policies here in the UK then Dal Singh....if you're such a genuine fan ?

Priveledged whites are going to the best schools......got the best jobs.....got the power etc. Actually, never mind the really priveldged whites, statistics show that we're really successful. The poor old Bangladeshis are at the bottom of the heap. Why ain't you writing to your MP insisting that exam pass marks for Bangladeshis...and Bangladeshis only....be reduced to 18% ? Why don't you insist that the Cameron govt bring out a new law which says every single civil service job for the next 20 years MUST go to a Bangladeshi...regardless of his suitability ? Why don't you write to the commissioner at the Met insisting that not only must every new police recruit be a Bangladeshi but also only bangladeshis can be promoted ?

Why ain't you writing letters to the Telegraph calling for a new law which says every local councillor MUST, by law, be a Bangladeshi...preferably a Bangladeshi woman ?

Good for the goose good for the gander ? Evidently not then. Shoe's not so comfortable on the other foot is it ?

When 'they' have to pay for their fathers sins you don't care. But if its 'you' that has to pay the whole idea of it doesn't seem quite as attrractive anymore does it ?

Then why ain't you campaigning hard for the same policies here in the UK then Dal Singh....if you're such a genuine fan ?

Priveledged whites are going to the best schools......got the best jobs.....got the power etc. Actually, never mind the really priveldged whites, statistics show that we're really successful. The poor old Bangladeshis are at the bottom of the heap. Why ain't you writing to your MP insisting that exam pass marks for Bangladeshis...and Bangladeshis only....be reduced to 18% ? Why don't you insist that the Cameron govt bring out a new law which says every single civil service job for the next 20 years MUST go to a Bangladeshi...regardless of his suitability ? Why don't you write to the commissioner at the Met insisting that not only must every new police recruit be a Bangladeshi but also only bangladeshis can be promoted ?

Why ain't you writing letters to the Telegraph calling for a new law which says every local councillor MUST, by law, be a Bangladeshi...preferably a Bangladeshi woman ?

Good for the goose good for the gander ? Evidently not then. Shoe's not so comfortable on the other foot is it ?

When 'they' have to pay for their fathers sins you don't care. But if its 'you' that has to pay the whole idea of it doesn't seem quite as attrractive anymore does it ?

I've got no problem with policies that try and create a fairer, flatter society. Even if it means sacrifice on part of the privileged, myself included. Evidently you have.

I believe in the above strongly. A large measure of this comes from my Sikh upbringing.

Besides, you've just jumped onto some ridiculous position that doesn't even reflect what I'm saying in some analogous way.

By the way, there are actually initiatives in the education sector that are designed to try and foster a fairer society which involve extra funding so, small efforts are already taking place along the lines you speak of (though these usually get sidetracked by corrupt management).

Face it, you're happy to try and strive to be white man's privileged favourite, and this thinking probably has antecedents in your personal family history.

Some of us don't want to roll like that. We find it degrading.

The quicker we create a flatter, fairer society, the better in my eyes. The way you go on is like you're really worried that 'your people' might not be able to successfully compete in such an environment? That's weak. Face a changing future with courage, not fear.

Don't be like a pre civil rights white man who is lamenting and fearing the change that the movement is trying to bring about. You'll only be looked on with disdain for this in future, like the majority of the world looks at those white men today, no matter how convinced they were of their cause back then.