Baby Formula For Newborns

JustME

Dearest Harjeet

I am sure no will call you insane, especially when you have good evidence to back up your claims against 'soya'.

The issue I think is a wider one and can be deeply distressing when you are a mother and need to feed your baby, the instinct and fear is deep rooted and sometimes you may need just for a short while consider all vegetarian options, time is limited when you have a crying hungry baby, and you will be probably be lactating.

Many people cannot appreciate it, especially in Gurdwaras, you have a starving newborn baby screaming its head off for food and there is no where to breastfeed other than the dirty toilets.

It is uncomfortable and difficult especially for other people in the sangat who are disturbed by the screaming baby and mother who has no choice but to leave, especially when people tell her off. It is really distressing, because Gurdwaras are run by mostly men, they will never consider having a mother and baby room, I am going off the topic as well, sorry.

Anyway, the joys of motherhood:-)

There is a big conspiracy going on, that is against women:-)

This is why its an epedemic, because there really is no decent alternative formulas availabe, and nobody is doing anything about this. What can we do? Vegetarians need an alternative formula that does not have any harmful things in it. Seriously what are going to do? We can't just keep feeding our children, the future of our race all this rubbish.

But i do think doctors can presrcibe special brands of baby formula, that are usually used for babies with allergies, that are fish free, soy free etc It might be worthwhile to ask for one of these, because vegetarians only option is soy, in the regular shops. And soy = no good.

This is why its an epedemic, because there really is no decent alternative formulas availabe, and nobody is doing anything about this. What can we do? Vegetarians need an alternative formula that does not have any harmful things in it. Seriously what are going to do? We can't just keep feeding our children, the future of our race all this rubbish.

Yes there is no alternative. Because our anscestors didn't have babies did they ? From the year 1776 to 1987 no sikh baby was born was it ?....or if it was it deliberately wasn't fed...was it ?

Even when half of the sikh mothers died during childbirth in the olden days the father kept the baby hungry while he wrote off letters to wal-Mart and Tesco asking them to invent and stock something called an 'sma formula' ?

Harjeet, before going on and on about there being 'no alternative' why don't you read my post in which I state that alot of the new age hippie type vegans in this country make their own homemade baby formula via light corn syrup ?

Why don't you read what i said about asking the bajurgs about homemade desi recipes for baby formula (and before you say anything I am well aware that we tended to substitute mothers breast milk with either a wet nanny, goats milk or even cows milk....but I'm pretty sure there were desi formulas also). Our bajurgs are a fountain of knowledge. All we know better than them is how to operate a computer.....They know about secrets of life.

Yes there is no alternative. Because our anscestors didn't have babies did they ? From the year 1776 to 1987 no sikh baby was born was it ?....or if it was it deliberately wasn't fed...was it ?

Even when half of the sikh mothers died during childbirth in the olden days the father kept the baby hungry while he wrote off letters to wal-Mart and Tesco asking them to invent and stock something called an 'sma formula' ?

Harjeet, before going on and on about there being 'no alternative' why don't you read my post in which I state that alot of the new age hippie type vegans in this country make their own homemade baby formula via light corn syrup ?

Why don't you read what i said about asking the bajurgs about homemade desi recipes for baby formula (and before you say anything I am well aware that we tended to substitute mothers breast milk with either a wet nanny, goats milk or even cows milk....but I'm pretty sure there were desi formulas also). Our bajurgs are a fountain of knowledge. All we know better than them is how to operate a computer.....They know about secrets of life.

lol, ok im sorry bro, i said if there is no alternative, make your own alternative in an earlier post, i just meant that there is no alternatives in the shops and this is a problem. Because lets be honest, we have become dependent on getting our goods from the store.I agree with you, no need to attack me.

But i do think doctors can presrcibe special brands of baby formula, that are usually used for babies with allergies, that are fish free, soy free etc It might be worthwhile to ask for one of these, because vegetarians only option is soy, in the regular shops. And soy = no good.

The doctor will not prescribe based on dietary choices, there will have to be an allegery existing. The milk on prescription is for special cases only.

The doctor will not prescribe based on dietary choices, there will have to be an allegery existing. The milk on prescription is for special cases only.

I thought that, but its worth a try, anything is better than soy. So does anybody know how to make home made formulas? I hope there is another way. :waheguru:

Bhenjee

I doubt if there is any magic 'desi' formula that could replace first colostrum which is produced in the first few days and is really important to build the babies defences, then the milk which comes afterwards. The doctor will prescribe colostrum if he/she feels it is necessary. But the 'la leche' is a respected charity which has been running for decades, the women there will be more than happy to advise and if necessary there is always someone willing vegan/vegetarian who will have an overflow and is willing to lend, it is only for the short term, anyway.

I really think it is more appropriate to have experienced volunteers in this field regardless of colour to advise ladies.

Shame the elder bibyan are fortunate enough not to rely on the computer for social interaction, they still have each other's company. But they would probably suggest cow's milk fed dripped with cotton wool, so baby does not get used to the bottle.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, now.