Signs And God

Guest seeking answers

Guest seeking answers

Hi,

Does god send us and/or give us signs of things to come in our lives or direction to take?

In particular do u think god can give us a sign or tell us who we are going to marry?

Guest seeking answers too

Hi,

Does god send us and/or give us signs of things to come in our lives or direction to take?

In particular do u think god can give us a sign or tell us who we are going to marry?

this is a very good question, i also myself feel like signs like this are given to us about our life......is this true or just our mind playing with us?

Thats a very good question...

We do recieve signs, not necesarily when we need them, sometimes they come immediately, sometimes in a weeks time, in a months time, in a years time. But we do get our answers. We just need to be open enough to accept our answers...

At times we get our signs, but we assume those signs are a coincidence... we just delay accepting the signs... as it's easier to accept that they are coincidence...

Quite often we do Ardaas for personal gain, to pass our exams, to get a new job, to get a new car... maang sadee vadhee hundee, seva apah thoree kardeh...

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Sadha he Manayeh... Let Guru Granth Sahib Je be our everything, let Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee be the only thing on our minds. Let our lifes be focussed on how WE want to be a part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee as opposed to the other way around. And we will receive all the answers that we need, and will be inclined to stay on the right path.

Guest Seeking_answers

D_Kaur..many thanks for ur response and views..Do you think that by delaying in accepting the signs that waheguru has given us we are just delaying what waheguru says they want to give us?

Looking at Sikhi with regards to what we will get in return isn't advisable.

As every situation that we face is the Hukam of our Guru, in evry Sukh there is Dukh, in every Dukh there is Sukh. We need to learn from every situation thet we are put in...

Guru Hargobind Jee Maharaj whilst sitting in Sangat one day, asked of the Sangat if any one could recite Gurbani of by heart and with great love, focus and attention and with no mistakes whatsoever - as it should be.

At that time some Gurmukh pyareh from afghanistan had bought Maharaj 5 horses. Maharaj had given 4 of thoses out to people from the Sangat already, and there was one horse left.

Bhai Gopala Jee recited the whole Jap Ji Sahib,

In order to listen to the GUrbani, Maharaj got of the Takht himself and got Bhai Gopala Jee to sit on the Takht to recite the Bani, and Maharaj Jee, sat lower himself. Look at the Satkar, the Sharda, the Respect.

Bhai Gopala Jee was reciting with so much love, attention and affection - but his mind wondered, he thinks about what Maharaj Jee will give him. He decides that if he is asked, he'll ask for the remaining horse.

In the Sangat, Guru Hargobind Jee Maharaj is thinking that this Sikh is reciting so much Bani with so much love and affection, i'm going to make him the next Guru of the Sikhs.

Look at the difference in the two thought processes.

What is the Guru thinking for us, and what do we think for ourselves?

We need to stay focussed myself included - instead of looking at what we may get, we need to think about what we can do, we need to do seva, we nood to keep good sangat, we need to do as much Simran as we can. Take one step towards Vaheguru, and you'll find yourself wanting to know and learn more.

When doing Ardaas, instead of asking for material things, talk to Maharaj, say i'm doing ardaas, but i dont have the ability to do what i want to do, ask for that aility, instead of the result.

Have the NImritha, and Maharaj will do Bakshush

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I personally do not believe, that God has to give us signs, or tell us whom we are going to marry. That is not His job or role. With all my respects, I can say if we have this vision and expectations from the Lord, then we can say we are very mean and with a very low level of awakening, or consciousness. One thing we have to bear in mind, that Wahiguru does not do anything alike, neither is He supposed to do so, or are we wanting Him to act as a fortune teller, or like the genius Aladino? Shame on us! We are so dumb, that instead to elevate our souls, and be spiritually mature, what we do is, we think of God as one of us, like one of us. And we are the most unreliable, shameless beings on earth. Unworthy of anything.

We have to clearly understand, that whatever we get in life, is according to our karmas, whether we know or not, it does not make any difference, even then, our destiny can not be changed, so why to worry? Because worrying is a mental state and attitude, not of the soul, which is a particle of the ocean of Sach(truth) Chit (consciousness), Anand (esctasy) = God. And that means, it has no worries, all these things pertain to the domain of mind. And our job is to cross the limits of personal and universal mind, or Brahm and reach Parbraham, Sach Khand.

If any sign from God we recieve.... that is of His grace,,,, that we have received this human body. That is, a sure sign of His grace.

And we have to make the maximum profit from it, by getting merged in Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

It would be advisable for us to clearly understand, that everything is working by the Divine Will, known as Bhana also .

We have to grow spiritually, and that is only possible with Nam bhakti, Nam Simran, Nam abhyass. What happens to us, when we grow spiritually by this devotion?

First of all, we see that His divine will is working in all spheres and levels in a natural manner, and as we grow, we also naturally tune ourselves in that Will or Bahna. What else? Well, our mind gets dissolved with its imperfections, and impurities, our faith gets strenghtened, our soul is overflowed with pure love for Akal Purukh, our chains of karmas are cut off, and then our soul gets shot upwards, like a bullet , to be one with Wahiguru, by merging ourselves in Him.

This is really what matters, the rest will take care by itself, so our primal duty, is to introspect deep inside us, if we have genuine love for Him or not. Do we love the Daatar, or do we love His daat?

Our main objective should be, to love Him with all our heart, mind and soul. But love, not with words, like the worldly way; but by action, and that is devotion, that is action, and that is doing His dhyan, His simran, His chintan. As some very high soul has perfectly stated: with words you get words, with this action(devotion, bhakti, Nam Simran), you will get action(grace, daya, meher) from Him.

May Wahiguru, bless each and everyone, to be able and worthy for His love, for that we have to spread our jholees like beggars at His door(sadh sangat).

• 2 years later...

A Sign is a mark of the will of God and is a communication from God to people. A sign can be an object, daily activity, divine action, events in the world news and part of the content of scriptures. An interpretation of the signs from God of birth and death found in the Jaap Sahib prayer of the Sikh scripture Dasam Granth. These signs have a relation to the birth and death year of Guru Amar Daas. These signs show a path to heaven. If you are interested in signs from God, please click here to have a look.

In sikhi, we can calculate God's Hukam as shown above by eternalamar :lol2: :lol2:

Since he is using gurbani and the numbered pauris, then it makes the whole process gurmat ! :biggrin2:

When I hear about heart warming theories like this, it makes me feel so proud to be a Sikh of Guru Nanak ji's teachings :cool2: :stupidme:

Guest dasguruka

YES there are signs everywhere! But you have to ask for it with a pure heart!

Ill share one. I was really upset at myself for not having a strict Amritvela and was scrolling through twitter account. At the same time I had just scrolled through my itouch and and fast forwarded the paath of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now 3 things happened at the same moment.

1. On twitter I ran into a picture of Guru granth sahib ji with ang opened to Sukhmani Sahib

2. The paath I was listening to happens to be a line of Sukhmani Sahib.

3. I read and heard the same line at a single moment in time.

Its impossible to reform the above incident unless ofcourse its a sign from God. If someone has an itouch then try fastforwarding to path of Sukhmabi sahib in one hit from over 45 hours of paath. And "accidentally" coming across a line from the paath ur listening to. Signs are everywhere. So to the OP. If you're being bombarded with signs don't ignore them. They're leading you to the right path