Disgusting Article On Sikhchic.Com

N30S1NGH

like only five said in many times guru ji said NO to janeu... as it represents brahman superiority but guru ji also gave his life just to save that jenaeu as sikhs we believe in Fighting against opression.. to opress is to ban hijab or nikab!!! just as it is to force hijab or nikab... !!

Please don't distort history and the motives of the Guru to suit your ego. This is a pathetic attempt to use as an "example" of Sikhs "defending" the downtrodden. Do you actually think that the REASON Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji sacrificed his life so that hindus could wear a janeau? Don't be that obtuse. Mughals were FORCEFULLY converting non-muslims and punishing them to extortion, torture and death if they did not, to simplify it as Guru Ji died so that they could wear a janeau is disrespectful and completely false. It was NOT the janeau, but the FREEDOM OF RELIGION which was the cause. Now you attempt to use that as a similar example for the niqab (nice attempt to bring hijab into the argument but it does not apply, so it's completely irrelevant that you bring it up). The muslims in Canada are currently seeking permission to allow women wearing a niqab to not remove it for their passport photo, driver's licence i.d., or for court testimony. Without getting into the foolishness, and security issue of covering ones face for an I.D. photo, the issue of niqab AS A TENANT of the muslim faith is completely debatable, and please go back and read the thread for the reasons WHY it does not suit a democratic society (or why it's against Sikh principles as well). If you've been to lazy to read the thread I'm not repeating it for you in this post.

they went to defend muslims right to wear nikab because it was happening in canada so canadian sikh veerji, balpreet singh (veerji who we sikhs are proud of) went..... sikhs stood up against banning nikab just like they would if it was forced on muslim women in their country

then why doesn't he instead focus his attention on the women that are being FORCED to wear it instead of propagating it? Sikhs saved countless hindu women from the clutches of radical Islam, why can't he do the same for muslim women?

now get rid of your egooo!!! and actually think like a man...You have obviously never read the rehitnama!! and never done sangat with gursikhs that wear gol paagh LOL dress like nihangs!!

Who are you to tell me what I have and have not done? It requires a monstrous size ego to make such allegations, this is a pot calling a kettle black.

To be amrit thari is to be dead yet alive... amrit tharis take pride in their bana because its given by guru ji..its guru jis roop..

try understanding sikhi one day and try to get your sikhchic mates to understand sikhi as well so they stop publishing utter bakwaas online targetting guru jis bana....

I asked for where Guru Ji stated beyond the 5 kakkars exactly how Sikhs should dress, you and your friend who obviously called you in as back up, Only Five have yet to answer this, also he has yet to answer the question of Islam and female mutilation, will the two of you defend that as well? Instead of hurling childish insults and coming of as severely lacking in education or history, answer the questions and speak in a mature tone if that's at all possible from either of you. You wear the bana very proudly (with ego), yet your complete lack of maturity or civility is probably the WORST disrespect you can bring to said bana.

WHAT DO YOU THINK REPRESENTS US SIKHS? jazzy b???

Nope, please put your ego away, it's making you make false claims about someone whom you do not even know. You're actually reaching into thin air to grasp something which you can attack me on, when was Jazzy B ever even mentioned in this thread???? You're not making any sense, please read the thread before positing in it.

Guru Gobind Singh jis roop should be roop of a TRUE sikh...

He gave the order of what a TRUE Sikh is supposed to wear (and not wear *niqab* by the way), you want to add on additional attire that is up to you, but don't you dare attempt to say that's the order of the Guru, that's your PERSONAL order. I will follow the faith as per the instruction of my Guru, not you.

sikh is to learn and by your post it doesnt look like you have learned much throughout ur journey... hope ur blessed with gurmat one day so you understand how wrong your viewpoint is now!! its totally anti sikhi...

anti-sikhi? That's a heavy accusation, please explain or stop posting nonsense. The challenge will be to put away your ego and do it in a mature manner without flailing false accusations, liable, and slander, however given how you're replying, I don't hold much faith.

i dont even think you are here to learn or exchange views.. it looks like only five already answered you well but you dont seem to acknowledge the things he pointed out.. maybe you cant process all that at once... take ur time!! but just dont write out of ego.....

As a Sikh I won't ever "exchange views" that are in agreement of Sikhs advocating gender inequality and propagating radical Islam and keeping women hidden under giant black tarps, OR attempting to defend said 'tenants' of a faith that are arguably not even PART of the faith but the Islamic culture. What part of that do you not get? You're right, as a Sikh I refuse to "learn" that Sikhs should keep their foot on the neck women, as you and Only_Five believe. So you and Only_Five can hit the 'negative' button as much as you want on this, that's my way of knowing that I'm not approved of by radicals who believe in mughal culture, which is perfectly fine by me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the whole premise of the article was wrong. They wanted to make it look like Balpreet Singh dressed like a Nihang to the Quebec Assembly, when he did not. Some people still don't understand that. It was deceptive reporting and they succeeded in confusing people to support their views against Nihang bana. Not all women are forced to wear the niqab, some do it out of their own free will. If the niqab is banned today, who's to say the dastar won't be banned tomorrow. Look what has happened in France. Sikh boys cannot even wear dastar to school. You cannot claim religious freedom for one group, and then ban the religious freedom of another group. Sikhchic.com wanted to pin the whole kirpan debacle squarely on Balpreet Singh, when it was the Quebec legislature that exercised poor judgement to invite them to speak and then not let them in once they arrived. They should have realized beforehand that baptized Sikhs carry the kirpan. I refuse to believe they were oblivious, because MP member Navdeep Bains wore his kirpan in Parliament, and showed it to members of the Quebec Bloc. I believe they lured the WSO members in an attempt to create some fuss and assert their independence from Canada. PQ member Louise Beaudoin said multiculturalism isn't a Quebec value. At the end of the day, they killed 2 birds with one stone - banning the niqab and kirpan. Well played. Meanwhile, Sikhchic.com turned the debate into how Sikhs should dress in order to fit into western society, which created more fighting among the panth and caused people to lose sight of the real issue. We should practice more inclusiveness in an attempt to keep the panth united, but the self professed elitists at Sikhchic have made it an agenda to alienate people that don't prescribe to their chic view of what Sikhi should be. The site is run by T. Sher Singh, the same guy that was removed from the royal order of Canada for unprofessional conduct and mishandling funds. He got into trouble for continuing to illegally practice law after being suspended in 2005. It seems this sikhchic.com has become his new pet project since he has nothing else to do now.

T. Sher is a disgrace to the community. As an attorney, he stole money from his clients, and now he is begging his readers to donate money to his site. Who's to say he won't pocket some of those donations for himself? Once a crook, always a crook.

Sikhchic headquarters are at Macauliffe Manor: 170 Wellington Street East, Mount Forest, Ontario, Canada N0G 2L0.