Eye Witness Account Of Vaisakhi - 1699

Jassa Ji, you don't want us to spread rumours about Guru Sahib Ji but you are quite happy with the notion that Guru Ji basically tricked the khalsa panth. You are suggesting that on the most important day of the Khalsa Guru Ji tricked the sangat by making out that Guru Ji had beheaded Bhai Dhaya singh Ji but infact Bhai Dhaya Singh Ji was actually sitting in the tent having a quite cup of tea.......... is this not beadbi ?

What is true is true. Did Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji not save Makhan Shah when his ship floundered? Did Guru Ji not show his shoulder with bruises where Guru Ji physically saved Makhan shahs ship?

Why does Sikhi not expand and flourish? ....Because our own sikhs do not even believe in it, how can we convince others when our own disown our Guru Jis feats?

This isn't about what you mention, I think the central issue here is Sikhs accepting 'historical' accounts without making proper inquiries into their sources and evaluating them.

There are real dangers in failing to apply discernment to such things as humans are naturally prone to accept that which supports beliefs they already hold, and reject that which goes counter to this. People often get demoralised and lose faith when they encounter what are perceived to be strong challenges to accepted narratives, upon which they rested their belief.

In the end, I have no issue with the potential for miracles, but I do find the use of narratives with no solid provenance to support such things as problematic. That no one has ever produced the purported manuscript that the account in question is based upon isn't something that can be ignored.

Highlighting this isn't wrong. It's just talking the plain truth (sat).

Instead of arguing about it bitterly, people should contact the uni and conclusively put the matter to rest. Otherwise we'll go down that familiar merry-go-round of bitter finger pointing and recriminations amongst each other.

Jassa Ji, you don't want us to spread rumours about Guru Sahib Ji but you are quite happy with the notion that Guru Ji basically tricked the khalsa panth.

Exactly these type of questions give rise to self written history.

Why should i think guru ji tricked i have full faith in guru sahib and i m not such a big bhagat or geyani to understand all the actions of guru sahib. Nor I wish to get all my queries answered right now. Its in hands of guru sahib to give me budhi to understand guru sahib.

Guru Hargobind sahib killed that pathan I forget his name in their fourth jang when he didnt had any shaster he was bare hand and guru sahib was on a horse.

I need not find some new itehas which may claim that he had a secret weapon hidden some where so guru jee attacked him

Nor i need some smartly written itehas how guru jee dressed up as muslim peer and sikhs singing uch da hai peer sada uch da hai peer and he is coming from haaj to get out of machi varra jangal.

Nor i need modified itehas to believe sukha singh and mehtab singh dressed as muslim naambardars when they went to kill massa rangar.

But i also believe in itehas after 60 years of guru Gobind singh went to sach khand they showed up in gawalior jail to take two sikhs out who did sukhmani sahib for 40 days non stop and every day they did ardas to show up

I also believe in itehas given by seva panthis that guru Hargobind sahib showed in 1901 at Mandi district himachal pardesh when 2 sikhs were attacked by lion and they did ardas in guru Hargobind sahib jis fee.

Dear brother I or any one else dont have any problem in believing in the itehas which is promoted on facebook or sikhsangat on every visakhi the only thing is there is no source attached to it.

If you or anyone can write a small name under it author or granth or book. Everyone will believe it.

But just blaming some one that if u dont believe it u dont have faith in guru sahib etc will not help anyone.

Old school granths such as prachin panth parkash suraj parkash gur bilas patshahi 10 nor any mahapursh sach as sant bhindrawalle maskeen ji baba nihal singh ji never mentioned about this eye witness itehas.

Why should i believe it not what panth parkash or suraj parkash says ? just because it is more appealing to my ears ?

Why should i believe it not what panth parkash or suraj parkash says ? just because it is more appealing to my ears ?

How is it pleasing to the hears when Satguru asked for heads and after the first head his sword wad drenched with blood when he came from the tent? It's about accepting what Satguru ji said.

But i also believe in itehas after 60 years of guru Gobind singh went to sach khand they showed up in gawalior jail to take two sikhs out who did sukhmani sahib for 40 days non stop and every day they did ardas to show up

Any links to this in full? I'd love to read more about what happened in this instance. Sounds amazing.

Any links to this in full? I'd love to read more about what happened in this instance. Sounds amazing.

Bala Rao and Rustam Rao it was not gwalior but maanmar and gurdwara guptsar is build their. They hold the feet of guru sahib and horse flew from inside jail to this place. Later both the brothers spend rest of their life doing seva at takth sri hazzor sahib.

Its also recorded in panth parkash.

post-5486-0-56914000-1303148408_thumb.jp

Why did Guru Ji save them if they were moneh? Did they become Singhs later on?

Be careful here, it looks like you are saying that guru sahib looked down upon non-Sikhs.

I think the question is not what Guru Sahib could or could not do, but more toward what really happened. It seems there are conflicting accounts written in history, which does not help shed any light on the actual event. Regardless, I feel it's the outcome that matters the most, Guru Sahib started khalsa panth on the day! :respect:

Its not from Panth parkash nor any other good source for years i have been reading it on internet but not in any printed from. Couple of years on this very forum someone claimed its from a book kept at aligarh university or something.

Prachin Panth parkash has a different view. Till now no granth/book/sakhi written any form of print media from a known author has written that panj peyare were beheaded in front of sangat. Taksals Nihang singh jathebandis Takhts everyone says that they were taken in tent behind the stage.

How about reading panth parkash and finding out then? feel free to "try" and prove me wrong