50Th Anniversary - Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji

BSRSTrust

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Today we observe the 50th anniversary of Akaal chalaana of Panth Rattan, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji. Please share stories that have inspired you from any of Bhai Sahib books, which the Sangat can benefit from.

The Final Moments of Bhai Sahib's Earthly Life

By Bhai Trilochan Singh in Sankhaep Jeevan Bh. Sb. Randhir Singh

In 1960 Bhai Sahib's leg veins became weak due to having spent so much time in the dark dungeons, though the rest of his body was healthy. He only had trouble walking about. On April 13, 1961, all the Jatha came to see Bhai Sahib for Vaisakhi. On April 14th he wished good bye to everyone and sent them off. On April 16th, in the morning, he prepared to leave for Gurpuri.

It was a Sunday. On Saturday night, his entire bed had moved and his body seemed very restless as though the time had arrived for that great soul to leave his body.

From Amrit Vela, Veer Balbir Singh [bh. Sb.'s son], Veer Sajan Singh, Bibi Dalaer Kaur, I and my Singhnee along with some others sat beside Bhai Sahib. At 7 am, I rose to have some words with Bhai Balbir Singh who was in the yard when Bhai Sahib raised both his arms, motioning for me to remain seated. I sat near him. He lovingly called Bibi Dalaer Kaur and he tightly clasped my right arm. I took his other hand and put it to my chest. A very strong current passed through my body.

Everyone began to feel that the moment was drawing near. Everyone wanted to say some words to him or at least hear some final words but that holy soul who had spent his final days in peace, happiness and Sehaj avashtaa, also made his final moments miraculous.

With the power of his breaths, he said "Vahi" and raised the swaas from his naabh kanval and with "Guru" he took his breaths to teh Gagan Mandal of Dasam Duaar. Again for the second time and then the third time he said "Vahiguru" he put his swaas in Dasam Duaar and then took his place in Gurpuri.

This happened at 7.30am on April 16, 1961. His saskaar (cremation) happened at the pond between Gujjarwal and Narangwal.

BHAI SAHIB RANDHIR SINGH JI (1878-1961)

Freedom Fighter, Reformer, Theologian, and Hero of Lahore Conspiracy Case, First Prisoner of Gurdwara Reform Movement

In the first two decades of this century, when the cry of freedom was a distant dream, decadence and demoralization had corroded the foundations of religious, soil and political integrity of our people, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh emerged as the most brilliant star of a new epoch, an apostle of the faith, who did not lecture or sermonize but poured his thoughts and experiences through stirring divine songs of Gurbani; a reformer, who did not change society by precepts but by example; a revolutionary, who threw away pride and position of an upper class family and plunged into the most daring revolt against British Imperialism at a time when even radical politicians did not dare to raise their little finger for freedom and liberty.

No one who met Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji could ever forget his dynamic personality. He had a red glowing face with apostolic beard, a vast forhead, deepset burning eyes. Nothing escaped the magic of his glance, which at times sparkled with irony or compassion, and other times lost itself in ecstasy plunging imperiously to the very depth of consciousness.

The matchless classical charm of his dress, his glittering sword, a quoit on his turban, gave him the historical appearance of the Knight of Guru Gobind Singh Ji who lived and died for Him.

For more than fifteen years (May 1915 to October 1930) Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji was imprisoned for his involvements in the Ghaddr (Freedom Revolt) movement. After suffering a terrible and torturous prison life, and upon his release, Bhai Sahib was bestowed with the great honours in the form of HukamNamas by all (then) four Takhats.

History will bear witness to the fact the bones and the blood of these real freedom fighters fertilized the arid soil of their country’s political field. It is a pity that those who have reaped the fruits of their labors and those who wear the crown of gold, unearthed from the valley of death of these heroes, have deliberately, consciously and callously forgotten those who carried the cross of freedom to the peak of liberty. But history the greatest and ultimate judge will not forget them.

Above adapted from Dr. Trilochan Singh’s Introductory Thesis in “Autobiography of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji”

Special program tomorrow morning (Sunday)

10 am - 12 pm Seminar & presentation on life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh.

12pm - laying foundation stone of monument in memory of shaheeds

1pm - amrit sanchar

5pm - 5am - reainsabhai kirtan

Will be live on Sangat tv...

Special program tomorrow morning (Sunday)

10 am - 12 pm Seminar & presentation on life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh.

12pm - laying foundation stone of monument in memory of shaheeds

1pm - amrit sanchar

5pm - 5am - reainsabhai kirtan

Will be live on Sangat tv...

watching it on 847 right now, bhai jagdev singh ji france. vahegurooo.