Rss Sohi Trying To Shut Down Punjabi And Gatka Classes - Havelock Road

Lakha Singh

• 2 weeks later...

just another update:

gatka classes are no longer to be held at Khalsa primary school, the committee refused unless they signed various dubious documents. They had already admitted to some of the parents that they want those sevadars out and their own teachers brought in.

Today parents and committee members held a heated exchange during which some of the mothers were sworn at by phindi Sohi (Himmats son) as he left he also threatened me which was reported to the police.

various other Gurdware in local area and west london have asked them to move gatka and punjabi classes to them, but we have not given up on our Gurdwara yet.

will get legal advice in relation to their demands and the restrictions imposed on sevadars running the classes.

• 2 weeks later...

Malhi the opposition leader pro India trouble maker has become president of Ealing Sikh gurdwara all he ever cared about was presidency

I also heard down the grapevine that he paid them a 'large' amount of money to give him this.. tut tut.. looks like he's bringing the techniques used in punjab to the UK...

lol are you guys sohis boys?....

i have spoken to both Malhi and sohi over past few weeks, and maybe they are one in the same, but when it came to sikhi and supporting and encouraging the youth Sohi seemed a very bitter old man whose line of thinking was definitely in sync with anti panthic organisations like RSS. He came out with suggestions like removing ALL shastar from around Guru Granth Sahib for health and safety reasons and it not being maryada, and a depressed person may come in and use them. Well mr sohi tell that to just about every other GUrdwara inthe world!! we were so shocked we could only laugh.

Malhi i spoke to briefly but can only judge on his actions, he actively encouraged the youth to start projects and classes, in fact he has come out to promote these sevadars on sangat tv with live broadcasts from parkash event, showing their gatka and another live report from their sikhi camp yesterday.

this is a slideshow from gatka display at parkash event, this is what sohi is determined to destroy

sohi is:

1. anti Dasm Granth parchaar

2. pro Darshan lal

3. openly says that Guru Nanak says everyone is equal, therefore marrying non-Sikhs like his neices have done is acceptable in Sikhi

4. funded by the johals. son-in-law is a multi-millionaire banker (gave the school 100k straight as a donation)

5. a simple guy. tainted. tarnished. just wants to serve the community

6. doesnt skim the golak

7. saved the sabha from bankruptcy

8. does the whole community cohesion agenda with the police/ media/ polticians. Hence, the pathetic nonsense about him wanting to take down the shastaar at the Gurdwara

9. has a large non sikh network to influence decisions

10. peed off the youth

I know both sohi and malhi very very well.

They are hardly like what you read about either of them,

Sure, sohi's boys bindi and jat have had a few heated exchanges over the years but, who wouldnt after hearing/ being mocked about their dad/ uncle. What bindi did the other week has just plain stupid/ wrong.

Malhi is:

1. Pro Khalistan

2. Pro youth

3. sits on the fence re: Dasam Granth parchaar

4. Self financing (mega)

5. Has more apnae on his side from the 1980s/ 1990s

sohi would never have got in if malhi hadnt tripped over his own ego.

where you there last week when bindi lost it? you cant expect people to take sohi seriously when he has thugs like bindi and daljit trying to railroad people into doing what they want. Bhindi is not even on the committee, yet he talked to us like we were dirt speaking down to everyone there including my elderly Aunt.

and i suppose you know about vandalising the cars that i assume bhindi organised the next day...

the whole community cohesion stuff??, why should the people running our Gurdwara try to gain brownie points with hindu politicians who have their own agenda. yes maybe it politics at the end of the day and it gets certain things done for sohi and for the gurdwara, but the reputation for being anti panthic will not go away when hes bending over backwards to accomodate non sikh policitians and organisations.

what he said was laughable and i seriously hope he feels ashamed for saying it but i doubt it..... what does community cohesion have to do with removing shastar from Gurdwara??? I dont see other big gurdwaras in birmingham for instance doing things like this to please local leaders???

you cant serve the community when you cant even accomodate the whole community, that includes children/youth right through to the elderley.

Maybe he gets bad advice, he has educated people like garcha and i think Kooner is it who do alot of talking but events of the last few weeks have left a bad taste and people wont forget quickly.

sohi is:

2. pro Darshan lal

3. openly says that Guru Nanak says everyone is equal, therefore marrying non-Sikhs like his neices have done is acceptable in Sikhi

4. funded by the johals. son-in-law is a multi-millionaire banker (gave the school 100k straight as a donation)

6. doesnt skim the golak

8. does the whole community cohesion agenda with the police/ media/ polticians. Hence, the pathetic nonsense about him wanting to take down the shastaar at the Gurdwara

10. peed off the youth

Sure, sohi's boys bindi and jat have had a few heated exchanges over the years but, who wouldnt after hearing/ being mocked about their dad/ uncle. What bindi did the other week has just plain stupid/ wrong.

Malhi is:

1. Pro Khalistan

2. Pro youth

4. Self financing (mega)

sohi is:

2. pro Darshan lal

6. doesnt skim the golak

10. peed off the youth

Malhi is:

1. Pro Khalistan

2. Pro youth

4. Self financing (mega)

I like your assessment.

Although I give Malhi a few years, you'll see his true colours when he satrts shaking hands with badal!! He appears to be pro youth etc.. Hes a control freak. Did you see him on Sangat tv the other day at parkash smagam, running after the presenter like headless chicken trying to get airtime. He's so full of himself it's unbelievable.

Not that sohi is an angel, but if the only other option is Malhi, sohi gets my vote.

Had it not been for the other sevadars in the last committee, Malhi would have recked the school project by giving the project to his relatives and himself. Rather than saving £5m it would have prob gone in his pocket.

• 2 weeks later...