Beadbi Of Guru Sahib In Huddersfield Uk

Lets not get in to that debate again as I have coverd it before and dont see it as Beadbi - Singing of Dharmik Geets is not beadbi nor is allowing moneh on stage beadbi.I dont want my Sikh sisters and mothers worshiping animals and stones and idols while being in a so called nagar kirtan - simples

Our Sikh Gurus blessed and took Sikhs away from Hindu ritualistic practices. The Nagar Kirtan each year passes through the Huddersfield Mandir where Sikhs flock into the Mandir to do pooja to moortia whilst Mahraaj's prakash is ongoing and a few steps away from these Sikhs.

Various other religious places have asked for the Nagar Kirtan procession to pass through (i.e. the church and the mosque) but these requests have been refused - why is there this special affiliation to the Hindu religion?

The video also shows young Sikh children from the Gurdwara's panjabi school walking in and out of the Mandir - what will the future hold for these innocent souls?

Countless requests have been made to the various committees to cut out this visit to the Mandir to prevent the dilution and confusion of the Sikhs in Huddersfield. If Hindus want to pay homage to Maharaaj, they are free to join in the procession or do Darshan of Guru Granth Sahib Ji at either of the two Gurdwarae.

Gurdwara contact details:

01484 423773

President

Sukhdev Singh Chahal

Address

Prospect Street, Huddersfield HD1 4HU

There's no harm in our Hindu brothers singing praises of Jagat Guroo, Guroo Granth Sahib Jee. BUT, standing by idly, when the "Sangat" is going into the Mandir to do Moorti Pooja - what's all that about?!?!?

An absolute disgrace that "our" Gurdwara committees are colluding in, and even promoting, this kind of behaviour. I hear this has been going on for the last 7/8 years. Where is the Zameer (conscience) of these committee members for Gurmat/Sikhi values?

Are people going in to worship or to use the facilities, for example the toilets? I am not from the area and so have no idea regarding history etc but that was the first thing that came to mind whilst watching the video. If people are going in to worship, then what everyone above has said applies.

If the Sangat is going in to worship the stone idols, then those Punj Pyare standing there and doing nothing to stop it are not Punj Pyare and they should be punished for letting such things happen in Maharaj presence. The Punj Pyare are the guardians of Gurmat and they stood their watching this take place. Such a exalted seva is blessed upon you and all they do is watch.

If the Sangat is going in to worship the stone idols, then those Punj Pyare standing there and doing nothing to stop it are not Punj Pyare and they should be punished for letting such things happen in Maharaj presence. The Punj Pyare are the guardians of Gurmat and they stood their watching this take place. Such a exalted seva is blessed upon you and all they do is watch.

Only five this is a fair point.

However, somtimes I just think people should take more responsibility for their own actions.

The Nagar Kirtans go past pubs selling alcohol, newsagents selling cigarettes, Butchers selling meat, including Halal. The Nagar Kirtan could pass fortune tellers, houses with fake Gurus. If the poor little mislead bibian chose to go into one of those places then it's their own look out. Yes, the Panj Piyare could stop them, but they'd only be accused of being shallow and narrowed minded for practising what Sikhi preaches.

This poor little innocent mislead bibian have been told that they should not worship idols, Gurbani says this many times. However, if the poor little innocent bibian want to worship idols, then let the poor little innocent bibian worship, It's the poor little bibians own look out!