Beadbi Of Guru Sahib In Huddersfield Uk

Lets not get in to that debate again as I have coverd it before and dont see it as Beadbi - Singing of Dharmik Geets is not beadbi nor is allowing moneh on stage beadbi.I dont want my Sikh sisters and mothers worshiping animals and stones and idols while being in a so called nagar kirtan - simples

Correct me if I'm wrong but that video shows people going in and out of a Mandir, it doesn't show anyone worshipping. 

I go into a church as that's where my local polling station is,  if I'm seen going in and out is it to be assumed I'm there to pray? 

The person making the video should have filmed people praying if that's what the worry is about. 

A Nagar Kirtan has stopped at a Mandir and people go in, there's nothing to show what's happening inside and we're to jump up and down about it? Have a little more faith in your own people, granted there are some who do go and pray but instead of avoiding a building, educate so that our people are educated enough to know what's what. Avoiding the place won't stop those who already go, whereas educating on Sikhi may help them.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji laid down their life for those who do worship 'animals, stones and idols', more commonly known as Hindu's.  

We should know enough of our own religion and have the confidence to go anywhere without fear instead of avoiding places. This is simply my opinion which may be wrong but I'm yet to be convinced otherwise.

You're right to be skeptical, but a Gursikh who was there told me that the Moorti Pooja happens every year as part of the Nagar Keertan. The committee do nothing to discourage it, and some committee members actually take part in it.

Remember, the Gurmat credentials of this committee aren't great. They also have a Meat/Sharaab party hall. I hope that the Satkaar Campaign will approach them soon about this issue.

southall youth jee,

i mean this with the greatest of respect...

How can you be so picky and choosey with maryada and beadbi? Isnt allowing moneh, sharabi bhangra singers onto a gurdwara stage to sing their kachi bani songs not beadbi of Guroo Sahib?

there is nothing wrong with singing sikhi sings thats not beadbi.. doing pooja in guru jis hazoori is beadbi.. :) allowing moneh and bhangra singers are okay.. :) .. i dont think bhangra singers get drunk before they come.. singing sikhi songs is okay i repeat.. why do we make a big deal outta non issues and ignore things bigger issues..

You're right to be skeptical, but a Gursikh who was there told me that the Moorti Pooja happens every year as part of the Nagar Keertan. The committee do nothing to discourage it, and some committee members actually take part in it.

Remember, the Gurmat credentials of this committee aren't great. They also have a Meat/Sharaab party hall. I hope that the Satkaar Campaign will approach them soon about this issue.

this is just horrible i dont think such things happen here in usa... where we live we do have beadbis but different kind of beadbis i guess.. because we dont have a lot of sangat beadbis go on like they were doing nishaan sahib seva.. and realized the made the khanda upside down by mistake instead of delaying the seva and keeping the old one on.. they put the upside khanda up anway :\ that was messed up... when they make deg...they make it joothi because they taste outta the same panda if it tastes okay...... this committee member eats straight outta the langar.. they sit on chairs sometimes...... quite disturbing things go on here too but i am sure in places like sanjose gurudwara most things are as per marayada.. i have been to amazing gurudwaras that do eveything according to gurmat.........

why is gurudwara beadbi sucha big issue in the uk, theres so much sangat thats the place where you would expect it the least???

We should know enough of our own religion and have the confidence to go anywhere without fear instead of avoiding places. This is simply my opinion which may be wrong but I'm yet to be convinced otherwise.

Guru ji gave shaheedi for righteousness... in other words dharam..... it was the right thing to do to protect whats sacred to someone... doesnt mean we have to believe in those things.. guru ji gave his life to prove a point i am not saying you are saying that its okay to but people tend to justify hindu things many times my saying guru ji gave shaheedi for them..?? that really annoys me.. thats why some sikhs question why balpreet singh veerji and other sikhs stood up for pardah/hijab/nikaab...... its simply because there should be FULL freedom of religion..

Only five this is a fair point.

However, somtimes I just think people should take more responsibility for their own actions.

The Nagar Kirtans go past pubs selling alcohol, newsagents selling cigarettes, Butchers selling meat, including Halal. The Nagar Kirtan could pass fortune tellers, houses with fake Gurus. If the poor little mislead bibian chose to go into one of those places then it's their own look out. Yes, the Panj Piyare could stop them, but they'd only be accused of being shallow and narrowed minded for practising what Sikhi preaches.

But going past something for the Nagat Kirtan is different than stopping at a Mandir. The Punj Pyare have a duty to fullfill. They are not the average Sikh with blindfolds on. There duty is to uphold the teachinges of Satguru. In this matter the Nagar Kirtan have stopped infront of the Mandir and this requires the Punj Pyare to address to the sangat that no one should go and bow to any idols and if they do then they are not following the teachinges of Satguru. Also the Punj Pyare should have addressed why is the Nagar Kirtan stopping at a Mandir. If a person from the Mandir wants to thank or address the sangat of the Khalsa then they should come to Satguru and not the other way around. What others may label the Punj Pyare as is not at all what a Khalsa takes into consideration when they must address an issue.

The Punj Pyare will never stop a person from bowing to some idol, but they will address the facts that bowing to idols is wrong. The Punj Pyare here did not fullfill their duty. For that they should be punished. Remember the Punj Pyare are not like everyone else in the sangat, they have duties to fullfill and are held higher than every single person there.

This poor little innocent mislead bibian have been told that they should not worship idols, Gurbani says this many times. However, if the poor little innocent bibian want to worship idols, then let the poor little innocent bibian worship, It's the poor little bibians own look out!

There couldn't have been a better time to address the problem of those that call themselves Sikhs and then bow to idols. The Punj Pyare are leaders of the sangat and not some committee. But in this day and age the committee thinks they are the Punj Pyare. In the video the Punj Pyare are like some symbol and nothing more. They should have spoken up and shown the true colors of the Khalsa.

But going past something for the Nagat Kirtan is different than stopping at a Mandir. The Punj Pyare have a duty to fullfill. They are not the average Sikh with blindfolds on. There duty is to uphold the teachinges of Satguru. In this matter the Nagar Kirtan have stopped infront of the Mandir and this requires the Punj Pyare to address to the sangat that no one should go and bow to any idols and if they do then they are not following the teachinges of Satguru. Also the Punj Pyare should have addressed why is the Nagar Kirtan stopping at a Mandir. If a person from the Mandir wants to thank or address the sangat of the Khalsa then they should come to Satguru and not the other way around. What others may label the Punj Pyare as is not at all what a Khalsa takes into consideration when they must address an issue.

The Punj Pyare will never stop a person from bowing to some idol, but they will address the facts that bowing to idols is wrong. The Punj Pyare here did not fullfill their duty. For that they should be punished. Remember the Punj Pyare are not like everyone else in the sangat, they have duties to fullfill and are held higher than every single person there.

There couldn't have been a better time to address the problem of those that call themselves Sikhs and then bow to idols. The Punj Pyare are leaders of the sangat and not some committee. But in this day and age the committee thinks they are the Punj Pyare. In the video the Punj Pyare are like some symbol and nothing more. They should have spoken up and shown the true colors of the Khalsa.

Good point!!!!!:khalsa2:

• 1 year later...

just spoken the sukhdev singh and hes said that how do we know that this is sikh bibhia and not hindu bibhia

hes said he wont give any answer unless we write to him he did get abit annoyed

sukhdev singh number please SIKHI SAROOP language

since i know people from huddersfield, i wouldnt have much trouble identifying which are hindu bibian and which are our own. a small close knit community in hudds.

you can write to him, guarnteed you wont get a response. i would urge every concerned Singh to visit the Guru Ghar for themselves and see what goes on day in day out.