Seven People Arraigned On Riot, Assault Charges For Violent Fight At Sikh Temple In Queens

Although we know the kirpan isn't the problem in this particular issue, you can see non-Sikhs jumping to conclusions like "How can we trust these people to behave with their "little sword" when they can't even sort problems out between themselves without resorting to violence?".

In the end, it isn't worth blaming any outsiders for being disgusted when apnay lok get up to kartootan like this. It has happened in Canada, it's happened in the UK and now the US. If we were looking at similar stuff going on in another outside community, many of us would probably draw the conclusion that this was characteristic of them after witnessing similar incidents spread over the globe.

Seems like one party got impatient and didn't want to wait for the judge to rule on the case. The fact that we have outside judicial systems involved in internal issues in the first place says a lot in itself. One of the biggest Gurdwaras in the UK (Southall) was also in a similar position.

Maybe we need to face the fact that we have a lot of Gurdwaras out there attracting some seriously dodgy people in management? Or are we just going to overlook this inconvenient truth?

The Churches underneath the name of Jesus Christ were having the same problem when they were together, but then all the sects of Christianity separated and made their own Churches. So this takes place in all where their is power and belief differences. To say this gives others an excuse to call punjabis names is very foolish. I think this person should read history and see how the whites, that ignorant punjabi want to call higher and give them the right of way to call punjabis disgusting, did the same among themselves and then continued to dismantle other cultures to call their own culture and religion superior. This is no battle of who is better, but to clear something up that always comes up, when punjabis do something wrong. It seems as some have a vendetta here.

The ones bursting into diwan hall are to blame for causing a fight, but who knows who is right here on getting the Masand out. Is the current president the masand or the ones causing the chaos? The president can play the innocent card after what happened, but there needs to be proof that hes not doing anything wrong in the Gurdwara. Something had to be done by the president to cause such an uprise. Or maybe the president is correct here where he runs the Gurdwara correctly and these guys coming into the Gurdwara are the masands.

All these fights are connected to the leaders back in Punjab of political parties. These Gurdwaras are becoming the bank account of the leaders back in Punjab. If you want to find out who is wrong here, then follow the money going out of the Gurdwara and the one causing the problem will be discovered.

from above YouTube poster:

Shiromani Akali Dal leaders in USA attack and disrupt the congregation at Baba Makhan Shah Lubana Sikh Center in Richmond Hill, New York. Raghbir Singh Subhanpur, President Shiromani Akali Dal of New York, Manjit Singh Dassua, President Shiromani Akali Dal of USA, Pritam Singh Gilzian, Baldev Singh Gilzian, Kuldeep Singh Khalsa, gathered their family members into a "gang" of people fully armed with brass knuckles, knives, swords, bats, and other weapons to create this violent and disturbing scene on Sunday April 24, 2011. ….

According to the news @ link given below ( http://www.nriinternet.com/NRIpoliticians/INDIA/A_Z/S/SAD/Badal-USA/2010/Aug/index.htm ) a man named Manjit Singh Dasuha is the President of Shiromani Akal Dal (Badal ) America. Also in the writeup in the post above a Manjit Singh Dussua is the President of Shiromani Akali Dal of USA. Are they one are the same man? If, so, it seems like the Badals have decided to export their techniques to USA. Someone from New York should bring this to the attention of New York DA’s office. It may help them (DA’s office) to become more aware about the background of these people. Looks like Shiromani Akali Dal of USA/America is part of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal)

Please refer to the link

http://www.nriinternet.com/NRIpoliticians/INDIA/A_Z/S/SAD/Badal-USA/2010/Aug/index.htm

All these fights are connected to the leaders back in Punjab of political parties. These Gurdwaras are becoming the bank account of the leaders back in Punjab. If you want to find out who is wrong here, then follow the money going out of the Gurdwara and the one causing the problem will be discovered.

If the above relationship between the Shiromani Akali Dal of USA and Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) is true , it is not difficult to see which party is being supported by one of the factions.

If the above relationship between the Shiromani Akali Dal of USA and Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) is true , it is not difficult to see which party is being supported by one of the factions.

Thats where I was getting at with my post, but didn't come to conclusions because its still unclear on whether the above is true.

Sangat folks,

This is shameful, so much for shaster vidya and being a martial race -maybe its my faulty laser surgery from Jalandhar but, I couldnt see a proper strike by any of the brotherin !

What is Sikhi coming to -at least know how to throw a punch or two before coming out to fight !

Honestly, nearly wet my kachera laughing at the nonsense !!!!!

I just cant believe these sorts of things happen in gurdwaras, really upsetting to watch! This is the sort of thing which turns lots of mona's away from sikhi when the "leaders" act like this. The chardikala youth whom avoid getting involved in gurdwara politics need to wake up and start taking active roles in their gurdwaras before they are all taken over by corrupt fake sikhs just trying to filter off the money and destroy sikhi.

Please forgive me if you have read my reset theory before (many times suggested in other threads) Corruption and Politics would cease quite quickly in Punjab and Gurdwara Committees if we the Sangat only donated £1/$1/1R every time we went to our local Gurdwara Sahib or Shri Harmandir Sahib Ji. Guru Sahib does not bless you for large bundles of cash which are then used for cold marble facias to beautify gigantic buildings or fighting legal court cases about who should have won the election. Give your time in SEVA at the Gurdwara Sahib / local community, donate money to Sikh Media Radio/TV stations or registered Sikh Charities who serve humanity. I can guarantee no MASAND or Corrupt Politician would look twice at a bankrupt charity local Gurdwara Sahib again. This may also stop the extravagance of idiots running to open their own temples everytime they get thrown out of an old boys pakhandi sevadaar club.