Man'S Turban Stolen In Southampton Race Attack

Pyara

Whilst, I encourage people to defend themselves if there is no other choice, I do not think that it is wise to encourage sikhs to go out and fight and end up in jail with criminal records as that is simply not wise and not the sign of a well thought through and tactical strategy. Especially when our community will be the first to criticise them.

I understand what you are saying, and indeed, I believe the lack of wider support certain groups experienced in the face of trying to combat problems in the way they did, played a big part in their later inaction and even disillusionment.

That being said, in many urban areas, reputations (based on prior action) do seem to work as a strong deterrent to aggression. It's a sad fact but it's true. I've seen it working with Jamaicans and 'asians' against racist whites in the past. I've seen Pakistanis later use this against aggressive members of the black community in certain areas.

Now, I'm not supporting or condoning it, but I am making the objective observation that it does seem to work (for a while at least). A real fear of swift and harsh retribution makes people back off. This is what swung things against all the 'paki bashing' that used to go on years ago in many areas.

To be frank, whilst I agree with your sentiment, a part of me wonders, is it at all possible to live without being harassed and perceived as being soft touches, in hostile environments without aggressive retaliation and sacrifice? Especially as it sometimes appears as if we just aren't the type of quom that can unite and put together more sophisticated, nuanced plans to deal with such matters? I don't think our new generation have the stomach or inclination for that street stuff now in any case, so there is nothing to worry about in that department. But this lack of ability to deal with our own problems does play a part in some dimwitted brothers joining and/or supporting outfits like the EDL or the BNP though.

By the way, if you are the brother that fights in the cage, you're awesome dude! lol

Subaig Singh and Dalsingh, you are both right.

We need singhs to be confident enough in themselves to handle these attacks. They need to have the confidence (and no fear if it goes into a physical confrontation) and also the ability to handle themselves in a street fight.

A protection group would also be a good thing for when and if there is a big riot and also to show that our community is not to be messed with. However, as Subaig Singh said, if this character was in built in each and every individual singh or sikh, they'd naturally all get together when something big goes down anyway.

What would be the best martial art one could learn? Is Krav Maga any good or is it just hype?

I'm not looking for trouble on the streets but there's no harm in getting fit AND learning how to defend yourself. I like the look of kick-boxing but if there's any others that the sangat recommends, I'm all ears.

What would be the best martial art one could learn? Is Krav Maga any good or is it just hype?

I'm not looking for trouble on the streets but there's no harm in getting fit AND learning how to defend yourself. I like the look of kick-boxing but if there's any others that the sangat recommends, I'm all ears.

i think any form of martial art is good, you will have the confidence and form to defend yourself and your sikhi. be it boxxing kickboxxing kali or if judo. For our sister the self defence classes r a must i think but i believe the simple for of gatka is not for the street. (It does help as it makes you self aware)

Ive said it before we should be putting our chilldren in some kind of training from the age of 5 like be for be it kickboxing kung fu knowing abit of martial art is better than knowing none

Sikhs Fought sava lakh but at that time they knew that they are embracing death.We cannot say that Sikhs always applied that tactics.Sikhs Used Guerrilla warfare technique when their numerical strength was low which is a kind of hit and run technique.

ye ur rite but we cant even hit and run we just seem to just stand there and take it and think this is my karm

Muay Thai is good. One muay thai dude was able to take out seven men by himself on the street. The attacks are devastating.

The most important thing is to concentrate on developing a knock out blow. Our brother Subaig Singh recommended looking up Geoff Thompson. This guy used to be a bouncer and knows what works on the street and what doesn't. He knows what he's on about. He emphasises a 'fence' tactic to curb the situation and if all else fails, a good 'pre-emptive' strike to the jaw to finish the situation off in a couple of seconds. Look at his dvds. They're the best thing to go for at least, if you're not going to get into a martial art.

If you're not going to get into a martial art, then at least train your muscles and develop a good solid punch (and know where to hit, this is where Geoff Thompson will teach you alot). Most of the time, this is all you will need.