What You Like Or Dislike About Our Community?

N30S1NGH

Like: Shaarda to do sewa (example: kar sewa of Sri Darbar Sahib sarovar in 2004 - completed days before its deadline).

Dislike: Lack of Sikh history knowledge. There is no program which provides opportunity for youth to learn our precious young religious, cultural and political history. Youth in the west are stuck in 1980's period and do not make effort nor they like to go beyond 80's. Majority do not read books nor try to learn on their own because of laziness.

One good example: No school in India got any concrete school subject nor any syllabus which got any of our history, despite the fact that 80% of our population lives in Punjab.

Arghhhh that annoys the hell outta me as well...your post is spot on.

I am not judging or condemning these men individually but I don't like the trend and concept of trim bearded turban wearers. Unless they are keeping their kesh on their head for spiritual reasons and are working towards growing their beards, I would much prefer it if they got rid of their turbans and cut their hair altogether. I think this trend is ruining sikhi. It makes it seem as if its the right thing to do. Wear a turban but trim your beard.

Again, don't think I am hating on them, I dont like the trend but i am in no way judging them. My own brother is a trimmer but turban wearer.

But my dear friend judging or condemning these men is what you are doing by passing down a dictate that orders these men to do away with the turbans.

:)

I hate people who pass decrees on others cos none of us is totally inncocent .

I was walking along the road when i saw an uncleji with total kesh + beard intact riding his bike with his son in tow eyeing a bevy of Bibiyan passing by .

Not that i dont eye the opposite sex uncontrollably and unknowingly sometimes.It is just that i have the earnestness to accept my faults on a public forum where i could be castigated for being so perverted . But let me assure you of my conscious which is still alive .

We all know about babas in gurdwaras who say waheguru on 1 hand and indulge in graft and exploit bibiyan sometimes . Did you forget the attempt at Harmandir Sahib .

Not to speak of the Babas managing gurdawaras and musafirkhanas who rule the places as if the places were their jagirs. These babas dont have the decency to talk to a needy person politely and feel that they have the mandate to decide whom to give the room to and whome to deny . I say this because according to tradition any one can go and and seek accomodation at a place where a nishan sahib stands .These people dont even know the significance of the Nishan Sahib .

I have seen pious people who pray day and night , yet they speak ill of people behind their backs. Sorry for being extreme but I am just being realistic after my sins are less criminal .

The above group also includes people who weigh others according to the wealth that others possess.

But my dear friend judging or condemning these men is what you are doing bt passing down a dictate that orders these men to do away with the turbans.

:)

I hate people who pass decrees on others cos none of us is totally inncocent .

I was walking along the road when i saw an uncleji with total kesh + beard intact riding his bike with his son in tow eyeing a bevy of Bibiyan passing by .

Not that i dont eye the opposite sex sometimes unconsciously just that i have the earnestness to accept my faults on a public forum where i could be castigated for being so perverted . But yeah my conscience is not yet dead .

We all know about babas in gurdwaras who say waheguru on 1 hand and indulge in graft and exploit bibiyan sometimes . Did you forget the attempt at Harmandir Sahib .

I have seen pious people who pray day and night , yet they speak ill of people behind their backs. Sorry for being extreme but I am just being realistic after my sins are less criminal .

I'm not passing a dictate that 'orders' anything my brother. Just giving my opinion about something I feel passionate about.

Yeah, everything you have said after is true, it happens, but its going off point completely. No where did I say people with full kesh are perfect.

My point is that wearing a pug but feeling the need to trim your beard has become the norm and also actually sort after. I feel this trend is not good for the sikh community. I'm not judging these people mate, but against the trend. They probably dont see nothing wrong with it but if they were taught how its not really the way to go, then maybe they wouldn't do it. Again, I feel the majority of them don't keep their turbans for spiritaul reasons but rather as a tradional sort of thing.

I'm not passing a dictate that 'orders' anything my brother. Just giving my opinion about something I feel passionate about.

Yeah, everything you have said after is true, it happens, but its going off point completely. No where did I say people with full kesh are perfect.

My point is that wearing a pug but feeling the need to trim your beard has become the norm and also actually sort after. I feel this trend is not good for the sikh community. I'm not judging these people mate, but against the trend. They probably dont see nothing wrong with it but if they were taught how its not really the way to go, then maybe they wouldn't do it. Again, I feel the majority of them don't keep their turbans for spiritaul reasons but rather as a tradional sort of thing.

I guess i am notorious for going off the point . Need to keep myself from being swept away then . Sorry for Spamming lol

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

It's Kaljug i think 26 years ago we saw more gursikhs and now wekk you know the answer. People care more about money and less about there community

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

What do you mean googleme there is roughly 30 million of us around its just we are being bombarded with media headlines and fake pr that somehow we arent as powerful as we used to be its lies damn lies and made up statistics.

What I like about Sikhs is the determination the youth are showing the massive revival of Sikh self determination thats taking place the recognition by young Sikhs in India that something isnt right with the India media and after doing their own homework they are reviving the movement.

Also the fact that 90% of young SIkhs I know are taking up self defence and martial arts another thing I like is the fact many SIkhs are taking up World Politics and India is Sh******* itself at this fact hence they throw 2 or 3 candidates for every one gursikh candidate.

I also like the fact that India and Brahmin are so scared of a revival they are trying to get all Sikhs out of India and the ones that remain into debt or drugs and alcohol but they are catching on slowly but surely

The fact that all of the Sikhs that are arriving from India are keeping their childrens kesh as they are seeing how stupid they have been following hinduism in India

The fact that 35 years+ of keeping Punjabi alive in foreign countries is finally saved our language permanently

I also like the fact that all of the snakes that penetrated Sikhi with the sole cause of destroying it are being exposed

I love the fact that all of these Rhamgaria are realising either they put up with the SGPC or shut up

I like the fact that goray and other cultures are realizing Sikhism holds the key to Salvation on earth

I like the fact that America and the UK will no doubt help us get Khalistan which is why you see all of the Bhagat Singh propaganda to pit Sikhs against the West which has also failed

I like the fact that all of these evil politicians who were involved in the killing of innocent Sikhs have been exposed in front of their families who must all hate them now

What do I hate about our community NOTHING it is the most peace loving and successful community in the world