Fitness Exercises Used By Erstwhile Khalsa Army

Yes Please . Someone wrote in a book that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was not tall enough . So i find it a bit strange that Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was tall and Guru Gobind Singh Ji was nt so .

I've never read that, can you recall which book it was?

I'm no expert but I have read that guru ji had great presence both physically and obviously spritually. Guru ji had great stature, i.e. tall, muscular.

I may be completly wrong but you may have confused with Maharaja Ranjit Singh, he was short but was also a lion. Anyway I suppose height has nothing to do with anything really, It's the person and their skill and abilities, and how they carry themselves.

I've never read that, can you recall which book it was?

I'm no expert but I have read that guru ji had great presence both physically and obviously spritually. Guru ji had great stature, i.e. tall, muscular.

I may be completly wrong but you may have confused with Maharaja Ranjit Singh, he was short but was also a lion. Anyway I suppose height has nothing to do with anything really, It's the person and their skill and abilities, and how they carry themselves.

That Ranjit singh was short has been corrobroted in the writings of an englishman . Some Sardarji mentioned in his novel that GuruJi was short 5 ft 9-10 something . He also mentioned what singh559 wrote about how GuruJi could create a shield around his highness with 2 swords , he could wield them so fast . The sardarji was criticized for his depiction on a sikh forum too for this .

• 1 month later...

Hi, Does anyone have any idea about what were the fitness drills instucted by Guruji or carried out by Khalsa in preparation for combat other than just swordfighting . I guess conditioning is as important as acquiring a swordfighting skill since skills cant do without Body conditioningand building up stamina

Just can't be bothered to read the last 4 pages as I am busy at work, so sorry if anyone mentioned this.

But the exercises done by Khalsa were/are called Sanjam Kiriya. (spelling check?) Dund-bethka are very important daily exercises to be able to get into pentras and movements for Shastar Vidiya martial arts.

• 6 months later...