Why Cant Punjabis Not Accept Diversity

I have been thinking for quite some time Why punjabis in Punjab do not accept people whoare different from them in matters of thinking , dressing and the way one carries himself .

I have travelled all over the breadth of India , travelled to different countries , studied outside and lived outside in Christian schools as well and i now carry myself in a very `shehri `manner and when i am back in Punjab i find that people just because someone is not like them or does not talk like them treat him as if he were a sore thumb . In Punjab , you call them Bhappas . lol

I just cant help being disgusted with the thought process of the people here though i am one of their own but i am now being made to feel as if i were an outsider .I find this all the more obnoxious because outside we are treated differently because of our appearance and inside i am treated differently cos of the way i am . I have dealt with a lot of racial bias since i was a kid .

I almost got into a fight with a drunk in my maasi`s pind and i do hear comments sometimes . Sometimes when i am <Edited> off with , i rant back with the choicest abuses that i can dare

I ll sum up the pinds mentality as

matha lohe da

te bund pital di

eho ja banda chahida

saade naal ghuman layee

We've got serious cohesion issues, along multiple fissures.

We have to face up to this and work towards changing it.

Its not a division issue we require these attacks to build character if nobody was ever attacked how would we build character there is a fine balance in life and this yin and yang or positive and negative is prevalent in all societies

Now you being hurt by this is precisely why they attack

But when you understand that attack is the outward form of fear you will realize they see something in you that they lack

Hence constant attacks on gursikhs by none gursikhs as they feel they feel less manly and have a fear of that which they do not understand

Well said ! "Can't take amrit themselves. Don't want anyone else to take either either".

Yes, Amrit is one particular example.

You could also have a case where someone who isn't academically capable, wishes to prevent somebody else (who IS interested in studying) from reaching their full potential and achieving their goals.