Business Ideas?

WJKK WJKF

Im looking to get into a business of some sort. Off license and newsagents come to mind first but I dont want anything to do with alcohol or cigerattes meat etc. Has anyone got any ideas or a push in the right direction? i need help, please!

Why don't you think about setting up an online shop selling maybe clothes? That's something I have been considering myself. But make sure they are a niche such as urban clothing, clothing you don't regularly find on the high street.

Paaji the online thing is a good idea, but its a matter of where to get the supplies from! How do you get the advertising etc for it? Im just worried taking the step as well. A restuarant is something i know i wont be able to do.

The online shop is all about building good long relationships with wholesalers. You advertise online. There's companies who'll do this for you for a fee of course.

GurFateh!

I would suggest maybe a Florist or a Pure Vegetarian restaraunt.

Not sure which part of the country you are from, but there is definetley a lack of Vegi Restaraunts.

I know up north the guys have Mr Singh's and Jalapeno's. Amazing places.

Down in London mainly East sides we don't have anything near it.

The other suggestion was great about clothing. I myself am not aware of any places which cater for Dastara, Chowlay, Kurthey Pajamay etc here in the UK. Having a Tailor on-site would give you a much Bigger boost, as I know alot of my bothers and sisters have to go back to Panjab. You could also provide Sikhi Parchar etc. You can certanily build on the idea and have a single one shop stop for all Sikhi requirements. Bit like the supermarkets, all under one roof. This on its own will be great Sewa for the Panth. Start in your own town and then I am sure other brothers and sisters could follow suit with the same.

Going back to my studying days I remember the old Marketing subjects....lol.....People in general have some Great ideas, however forget the Core principals of PRODUCT, PRICE, PLACE & PROMOTION. Please bear all of these in mind when thinking.

Hope this has helped. Please feel free to contact me direct should you or any others be interested.

Bull Chuk Maaf Karfi.

GurFateh!

Traditional store

All depends on cash investment. Traditional stores requires lots of liquid cash. If you are opening food joint from scratch then you won't be able to get commercial loan unless you can convince them that your business won't fail. Opening restaurant is not easy business to do. First, you need to have skill and in/outs of the eatery joint. You need to have Interest of cooking food. One can't just go ahead with opening restaurant thinking that our mums will handle the cooking or you can hire someone cheap to do cooking stuff.

- Business Plan

- Cash

- Person in charge (Yourself)

- Cook

- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

Online store

Dedicated online store will need lots of pre-opening work. People think of having a online shop website-script and hosting is only work needed to be done when opening online store. Wrong ! I have seen sikh online shuttered within a year because of unstable managerial setup. You need to work out.. prices, shipping cost, inventory, backorder delay, customer returns and so on. Requires less cash investment but still requires cash for online advertising, inventory stock and bulk shipping cost.

Photography and videography with dj and other stuff is reLly worth investing. If u have enough budget u can hire one or 2 professionals and also get some training to handle jobs. It needs a lot of expensive eqiupment, skilled videographers with crane experience, photographer and photo video editor and also they all have to be really creative. It depends on two thing.

1. Creativity and professionalism: if u got these 2 things u dnt have to wait for Ur business progress as it will be an instant success with a little bit advertisement and also great portfolio on Social network sites such as Facebook a d twitter.

2. Second thing is if u start like a normal wit lack of creativity and professionalism you have to put the rates very low and the desis who know nothing about quality and creativity will be Ur customers just for cheap services. It happens I have seen. And it need a long way to establish links and eventually either u will get creative or Ur customers will demand creativity. So better start with total professionalism.