National Anti-Beadbi Rally At Dudley, Uk -* Cancelled *-

Satkaar

I think the point needs to be re-iterated once again: No-one has any desire to ruin any family's personal occasion. Personally, Gurmat dictates to me that meat and alcohol parties are wrong, and happiness should be celebrated with Gurbani, Naam and Keertan.

BUT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T USE OUR GURDWARA PROPERTIES TO HAVE MEAT AND ALCOHOL ON THEM - it's a SIMPLE MESSAGE!!!

If the family and the committee want a party, do it elsewhere, not on Gurdwara property. A list of other local venues has been provided for them.

BUT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T USE OUR GURDWARA PROPERTIES TO HAVE MEAT AND ALCOHOL ON THEM - it's a SIMPLE MESSAGE!!!

I personally believe the onus falls entirely on the Gurdwara Management committee. The family are just being used as a pawn in the game of ego being played GNSS Dudley Committee and it's newly created subsidiary Committees.

The GNSS Dudley Committee have a moral obligation to adhere to Gurmat and the Akal Takht Sandesh 2006. The presence of a protest is not focused on ruining a family's party, but to show a massive presence of united Sangat to not just GNSS Dudley Committee but all Gurdwara Committees who openly abuse the institute of the Gurdwara, allowing meat, sharab and parties in the Gurdwara halls.

The Gurdwara Committees like GNSS Dudley just need to take ownership of the sacrilege they are committing and show the sangat they are going to take the real corrective action of stopping meat sharab parties in the hall.

Re-naming, re-structuring, re-designing the Gurdwara Community Centre are simply superficial cover-ups of the beadbi!

The Gurdwara Committees like GNSS Dudley just need to take ownership of the sacrilege they are committing and show the sangat they are going to take the real corrective action of stopping meat sharab parties in the hall.

Re-naming, re-structuring, re-designing the Gurdwara Community Centre are simply superficial cover-ups of the beadbi!

I completely agree, Committees need to WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE, and realise the Sangat will no longer tolerate their massive disregard for Sikh Principles.

THE SANGAT HAVE SPOKEN - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! NO MORE BEADBI OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE IN OUR GURDWARAS WILL BE TOLERATED.

Agree with the protest. I would not want any family's party to be ruined in any way but unfortunately they should know better themselves. There are plenty of venues that they could have used where they can freely distribute alcohol and meat and it is unfortunate that this is when the protest will take place. It needs to start somewhere.

The Commitee are not taking action so the community needs to. People can simply not get away with this type of behaviour. When the people going to the party see this protest they will think twice about booking the venue in this way in the future and this message will get to others.

If it takes protests at the next 10 parties like this then so be it. Eventually people will stop using it in this way.

How do you expect someone to change a hall when there is barely 2 days left? Yes, you've given a list of alternative places, which is fine, anyone can do that, but the issue is availability.

Mr brother, as stated previously and again, the issue was raised several months ago. Which I am sure was more than sufficient time to re-arrange. All is not lost, you still have time. It's only Wednesday. Doesnt take long to make a few enquries, book the place, and make calls to advise your guests (or who ever is holding the party). It will be the Wise thing to do.

Har Madan Fateh!

Let slanderers not be established in the land; may disaster hunt down men of violence

ਸੋਰਠਿ

सोरठि महला ३ चौतुके ॥

Soraṯẖ mėhlā 3 cẖouṯuke.

Sorat'h, Third Mehl, Chau-Tukas:

ਸਚੀ

सची भगति सतिगुर ते होवै सची हिरदै बाणी ॥

Sacẖī bẖagaṯ saṯgur ṯe hovai sacẖī hirḏai baṇī.

True devotional worship is obtained only through the True Guru, when the True Word of His Bani is in the heart.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ

सतिगुरु सेवे सदा सुखु पाए हउमै सबदि समाणी ॥

Saṯgur seve saḏā sukẖ pā▫e ha▫umai sabaḏ samāṇī.

Serving the True Guru, eternal peace is obtained; egotism is obliterated through the Word of the Shabad.

ਬਿਨੁ

बिनु गुर साचे भगति न होवी होर भूली फिरै इआणी ॥

Bin gur sācẖe bẖagaṯ na hovī hor bẖūlī firai i▫āṇī.

Without the Guru, there is no true devotion; otherwise, people wander around, deluded by ignorance.

ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ॥੧॥

मनमुखि फिरहि सदा दुखु पावहि डूबि मुए विणु पाणी ॥१॥

Manmukẖ firėh saḏā ḏukẖ pāvahi dūb mu▫e viṇ pāṇī. ||1||

The self-willed manmukhs wander around, suffering in constant pain; they drown and die, even without water. ||1||

ਭਾਈ

भाई रे सदा रहहु सरणाई ॥

Bẖā▫ī re saḏā rahhu sarṇā▫ī.

O Siblings of Destiny, remain forever in the Lord's Sanctuary, under His Protection.

ਆਪਣੀ

आपणी नदरि करे पति राखै हरि नामो दे वडिआई ॥ रहाउ ॥

Āpṇī naḏar kare paṯ rākẖai har nāmo ḏe vadi▫ā▫ī. Rahā▫o.

Bestowing His Glance of Grace, He preserves our honor, and blesses us with the glory of the Lord's Name. ||Pause||

ਪੂਰੇ

पूरे गुर ते आपु पछाता सबदि सचै वीचारा ॥

Pūre gur ṯe āp pacẖẖāṯā sabaḏ sacẖai vīcẖārā.

Through the Perfect Guru, one comes to understand himself, contemplating the True Word of the Shabad.

ਹਿਰਦੈ

हिरदै जगजीवनु सद वसिआ तजि कामु क्रोधु अहंकारा ॥

Hirḏai jagjīvan saḏ vasi▫ā ṯaj kām kroḏẖ ahaʼnkārā.

The Lord, the Life of the world, ever abides in his heart, and he renounces sexual desire, anger and egotism.

ਸਦਾ

सदा हजूरि रविआ सभ ठाई हिरदै नामु अपारा ॥

Saḏā hajūr ravi▫ā sabẖ ṯẖā▫ī hirḏai nām apārā.

The Lord is ever-present, permeating and pervading all places; the Name of the Infinite Lord is enshrined within the heart.

ਜੁਗਿ ॥੨॥

जुगि जुगि बाणी सबदि पछाणी नाउ मीठा मनहि पिआरा ॥२॥

Jug jug baṇī sabaḏ pacẖẖāṇī nā▫o mīṯẖā manėh pi▫ārā. ||2||

Throughout the ages, through the Word of His Bani, His Shabad is realized, and the Name becomes so sweet and beloved to the mind. ||2||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ

सतिगुरु सेवि जिनि नामु पछाता सफल जनमु जगि आइआ ॥

Saṯgur sev jin nām pacẖẖāṯā safal janam jag ā▫i▫ā.

Serving the Guru, one realizes the Naam, the Name of the Lord; fruitful is his life, and his coming into the world.

ਹਰਿ

हरि रसु चाखि सदा मनु त्रिपतिआ गुण गावै गुणी अघाइआ ॥

Har ras cẖākẖ saḏā man ṯaripṯi▫ā guṇ gāvai guṇī agẖā▫i▫ā.

Tasting the sublime elixir of the Lord, his mind is satisfied and satiated forever; singing the Glories of the Glorious Lord, he is fulfilled and satisfied.

ਕਮਲੁ

कमलु प्रगासि सदा रंगि राता अनहद सबदु वजाइआ ॥

Kamal pargās saḏā rang rāṯā anhaḏ sabaḏ vajā▫i▫ā.

The lotus of his heart blossoms forth, he is ever imbued with the Lord's Love, and the unstruck melody of the Shabad resounds within him.

ਤਨੁ ॥੩॥

तनु मनु निरमलु निरमल बाणी सचे सचि समाइआ ॥३॥

Ŧan man nirmal nirmal baṇī sacẖe sacẖ samā▫i▫ā. ||3||

His body and mind become immaculately pure; his speech becomes immaculate as well, and he merges in the Truest of the True. ||3||

ਰਾਮ

राम नाम की गति कोइ न बूझै गुरमति रिदै समाई ॥

Rām nām kī gaṯ ko▫e na būjẖai gurmaṯ riḏai samā▫ī.

No one knows the state of the Lord's Name; through the Guru's Teachings, it comes to abide in the heart.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ

गुरमुखि होवै सु मगु पछाणै हरि रसि रसन रसाई ॥

Gurmukẖ hovai so mag pacẖẖāṇai har ras rasan rasā▫ī.

One who becomes Gurmukh, understands the Path; his tongue savors the sublime essence of the Lord's Nectar.

ਜਪੁ

जपु तपु संजमु सभु गुर ते होवै हिरदै नामु वसाई ॥

Jap ṯap sanjam sabẖ gur ṯe hovai hirḏai nām vasā▫ī.

Meditation, austere self-discipline and self-restraint are all obtained from the Guru; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to abide within the heart.

<A class=dict onmouseover="ddrivetip('iNānak /i The first Guru of the Sikhs, the founder of Sikhism', 250)" onmouseout=hideddrivetip() href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨਾਨਕ" ;>ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਹਿ ਸੇ ਜਨ ਸੋਹਨਿ ਦਰਿ ਸਾਚੈ ਪਤਿ ਪਾਈ ॥੪॥੭॥

नानक नामु समालहि से जन सोहनि दरि साचै पति पाई ॥४॥७॥

Nānak nām samālėh se jan sohan ḏar sācẖai paṯ pā▫ī. ||4||7||

O Nanak, those humble beings who praise the Naam are beautiful; they are honored in the Court of the True Lord. ||4||7||

I agree the commitee is wrong and there should be a protest. However, I hope the commitee has the decency to inform the family who is having the party that there will be a protest on the day and as to why the protest is taking place. I myself come from not a very religious upbringing as do many others so there could be a possibility that the family is a typical punjabi family. Not aware of Sikhi protocol and of the 2006 sandesh. As if were honest parties have been held in community centres for decades, maybe we were all misgudied as it was the norm. However, with the satkar campaign and other media outlets highlighting the issue now parties in Gurdwara owned properties has to stop.

So Dudley guys please inform the family whose party it is and inform them that why the protest is going on, and inform them of the 2006 sandesh. Its my opinion that most of the punjabi families who have meat and alcohol parties may not be aware that it is wrong to have it on Gurdwara owned property. Obviously they will be aware it's not allowed in the Gurdwara itself, but as community centres are totally separte buildings they mat think its fine. As there have been parties for decades. They may be absolutly clueless that its also forbidden on gurdwara owned property.

A coach is being organised from Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Cross Road, Coventry, to the rally on Saturday.

If you would like to attend then please text/phone Jaskarn Singh on 07958040963 to confirm a seat on the coach by 8pm tonight!

This is to make sure we have enough sangat to book a coach.