National Anti-Beadbi Rally At Dudley, Uk -* Cancelled *-

Satkaar

Why do you ask if I will listen, I'm 120 miles away ,I have no voice there ,I just saw you guys looking on ,instead you keep asking will they listen, maybe not, but share their burden anyway!

You only help them who listen that an exchange not seva

Dear Mr Medare, if I insulted your father week in week out, and you, and hundreds and hundreds of your brother and sisters, asked me to stop insulting your father, but I did not stop, week in week out, what would you do?

Imagine that you and your brothers and sisters held many meetings with me saying, please please please stop, but I continued to knowingly, and intentionally, insult you father. Imagine the next step you could take was a PEACEFUL protest! Because the hundreds and hundreds of requests you had made over a year had failed. WHY would you not then make a PEACEFUL protest if that could stop your father from being insulted!!!

Mr Medare, the protest is going ahead, we can see through sudden change of tact. If you have come to realise the obvious truth then condem the organising of men drinking ALCOHOL on land that has been registered to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj! Can you condem that, Mr Medare?

Can you two stop fighting and take this off the forum and talk in person instead?

Nothing positive is coming from rambling about on here. This thread has gone so large and most if it is filled with fighting.poke.gif

You two can call each other over the phone or take it via the PM.huh.png

gut feeling tells me that the party will be cancelled as it was never really going to take place but was seen as a test on what the reaction would have been but the committee are hoping that by next year the satkaar campaign will die out so maybe next year once the 5 member committee has got its feet under the table made the centre more "Asian" and then all will be ok.....

from previous history this committee cannot be trusted and has been seen to be one step head of the 8 ball....Be AWARE very AWARE....

Press Release and Sangat Update

Dudley, UK - 25 May 2011

www.SatkaarCampaign.blogspot.com

CANCELLED: National Anti-Beadbi Rally on Saturday 28 May 2011

Family cancels its party at Sikh Cultural Centre, Dudley

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

In a Fateh (victory) for the Khalsa Panth, the family which had booked the party at the Sikh Cultural Centre, Dudley on Saturday 28 May 2011 have CANCELLED the party and rescheduled it to an alternative venue. The cancellation of the party by the family at the Sikh Cultural Centre has been confirmed to Satkaar Campaign Sevadaars by the family and by the West Midlands Police.

The family made contact with representatives of Guru Nanak Gurdwara Edward Street West Bromwich of their own accord late on Tuesday evening 24 May 2011 and arranged an emergency meeting this morning Wednesday 25 May 2011. The meeting was held at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Edward Street West Bromwich and was attended by representatives from the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras Birmingham, Guru Nanak Gurdwara Sedgley Street Wolverhampton, Guru Har Rai Gurdwara West Bromwich, Guru Nanak Gurdwara Edward Street West Bromwich, Gurdwara Guru Hargobind Tividale and representatives from the Satkaar Campaign.

The family explained that they were given assurances, which they later realised to be false, by the Guru Nanak Singh Sabha (GNSS) Dudley Gurdwara committee that there would only be a small number of individuals attending to protest against the party, and that the committee would be hiring bouncers and liaising with the police to ensure there was no disruption. The family also said that the nature of the protest had been misrepresented to them by the Dudley Gurdwara committee in that it had been intimated to them that the protesters were "fundamentalist" Sikhs wanting to stop other Sikhs having parties altogether in Dudley. However, after watching a show on Satkaar issues on the Sikh Channel and subsequently reading internet posts relating to the Satkaar Campaign, the family realised what the protest was about and that they too agreed that hosting the party at the Sikh Cultural Centre in Dudley which is part and parcel of the Dudley Gurdwara was against the principles of the Sikh religion.

The family explained that they were disappointed with the actions of the Dudley Gurdwara committee and that they would in due course be willing to consider providing an interview to Sikh television media to highlight the unnecessary stress and expense that they had been put through so close to the date of their family event. It is particularly sad to note that the trustees and committee of Dudley Gurdwara were encouraging the family to have the party at the Sikh Cultural Centre despite knowing the Sikh community would hold a protest against it, when it is understood from Sangat living locally in Dudley that one of the trustees of the Gurdwara, Darshan Atwal, had cancelled his own family party at the Sikh Cultural Centre on 19 February 2011, and moved it to an alternative venue, to avoid a protest by the UK Sangat. The UK Sangat wishes to congratulate the family for the courageous step they have taken today and looks forward to working with the family to raise awareness of issues of Satkaar in the future.

Further to discussions with the West Midlands Police, Sevadaars of the Satkaar Campaign, in consultation with representatives of the midlands Gurdwaras and the UK Sangat, have agreed to cancel the anti-beadbi rally scheduled to take place on 28 May 2011.

The UK Sangat would once again humbly urge that the GNSS Dudley Gurdwara committee come within the Gurmat fold and pass a resolution that no parties will be held in the future at the Sikh Cultural Centre, in compliance with Akal Takhat Sahib's 2006 Sandesh. The GNSS Dudley Gurdwara committee should be left in no doubt that this issue will not go away and that if the UK Sangat learns again that there is any party to be held at the Sikh Cultural Centre, it will once again come prepared to peacefully protest against this gross sacrilege.

The Satkaar Campaign, which is led and guided by the UK Sangat, has worked extremely closely with the West Midlands Police and the Sevadaars of the Gurdwaras listed below in relation to the Dudley issue together with the continued unstinted support of all Panthic Jathebandiaan. It is extremely encouraging that the UK Sangat is realising its Panthic duty to unite and collectively tackle the cancer of meat, alcohol, tobacco, parties and dancing being permitted by certain committees in Gurdwara buildings. With the continued blessings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj and the collective unity of the Khalsa Panth, the Satkaar Campaign will continue to work to promote Satkaar for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj and to implement the 2006 Sandesh in all UK Gurdwaras.

West Midlands based organisations and Gurdwaras actively involved and leading on the Dudley issue are as listed below (and we apologise in advance for any omissions):

- The Council of Sikh Gurdwaras, Birmingham

- The Council of Gurdwaras, Wolverhampton

- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgeley Street, Wolverhampton

- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, High Street, Smethwick

- Guru Har Rai Gurdwara, West Bromwich

- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Wednesfield

- Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Willenhall

- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Edward Street, West Bromwich

- Gurdwara Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, Tividale

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Dear Sikhs of Sri Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, please note that we must support the Sikhs coming to this PEACEFUL protest from further a field, like from up north and from down south, the Sikhs from the surrounding areas should make it to Dudley DY1 for the PEACEFUL protest to show that they are not lazy and do not rely on Sikhs from far away to do the protesting in their county.

So a benthi to the Sadh Sangat, if you live in Coventry, Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhamton and all other areas in the West Midlands County please come to the VERY VERY PEACEFUL protest on Saturday 2pm at Dudley Gurdwara DY1.

Please don't just rely on coaches, it's not that difficult to just jump in a car and drive down, not when it's only from Coventry, Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhamton and other surrounding areas of Dudley. The Dudley true Sikhs of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj should also attend the VERY VERY PEACEFUL protest, please this is my benthi to the Sikhs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj.

Please bring your children, women, and elders, this is a PEACEFUL protest to show the pain we feel in our hearts for the disrespect being shown to our eternal Sat Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj!

Don't let anyone convince you that you should not turn up to the PEACEFUL protest to encourage SATKAAR AND RESPECT for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj!

If anyone knows any of the Sikhs that were on the Sikh Channel show this Sunday gone at 7pm relating to this very issue, please can you contact them to contact as many Sikhs as they know to drive down to the PEACEFUL protest.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Dear Sir

Your example seems very extreme indeed , You seem to know all the answers so why do you require my answers

I feel you have already made your mind up ,and you cannot be reasoned with,with no matter what I say your stance is rigid.

So lets end it there ,

Can we agree to disagree.

Sounds like a man who has given up becuase he knows he is wrong, becuase he's spouting anit-gurmat opinions and misleading honest Sikhs!!!

You can agree to be against Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, and I will be for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj!

I am going to follow Singh559's order and leave this thread. I'm glad Singh559 has given me permission to ignore you!!

Good bye forever, Mr Medare!!!

Sounds like a man who has given up becuase he knows he is wrong, becuase he's spouting anit-gurmat opinions and misleading honest Sikhs!!!

You can agree to be against Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, and I will be for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj!

I am going to follow Singh559's order and leave this thread. I'm glad Singh559 has given me permission to ignore you!!

Good bye forever, Mr Medare!!!

I meant off this thread, personally i had no idea what was going on in this thread other than the protest.

Didn't seem like it was going anywhere. :\

I meant off this thread, personally i had no idea what was going on in this thread other than the protest.

Didn't seem like it was going anywhere. :\

I understand you only meant thread Mr Singh. Please feel free to make any sensible suggestions like this anytime!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!