Sikh Punjabi House Being Targeted For Gold

malkeet

i dont know about anybody else, but ive been hearing A LOT of reports from close friends and family in the past month whom whom have had houses broken into and their gold taken. I know this has been happening for a while but seems to be getting worse in the midlands anyway. Protect your houses, have house alarms, and put your gold in safety deposit boxes in banks (HSBC provide them for a fee) They are reporedly driving around, following indians to their houses then robbing them. sometimes in broad day light!

Happened here in Fresno, California. Turned out to be mexicans with one indian person.

People need to be careful and take precautions. Keep doors locked, even back doors at night time. If you're in a risk prone area you need to get a metal front door that goes in front of your main wooden door. People who break into houses during broad daylight usually break down the front door VERY quickly and then tie up the family and cut the phone cords so you can't call the police fast enough to catch them. They usually steal the car and then dump it.

BE CAREFUL.

or not flaunt ye gold in public think that also helps

True. In the town where I live, an elderly Panjabi couple were assaulted and robbed during the day whilst out for a walk. Sadly bibi-ji was blinged-out to the nines with a gold necklace and gold bangles which weren't concealed under her clothes, and uncle-ji was rocking the classic gold ring with a red ruby. They were gangster-tripping in a part of town that is notorious for daylight robberies and assaults.

As for home burglaries, people just need to be vigilant. I'm a light sleeper and I'm always popping in and out of bed at the slightest noise during the night. I've got nothing of value (mein gareeb hai, lol) but I can't bear the thought of someone entering my home with the intention to steal or worse.

If someone wants to wear gold well thats up to them. They paid for it. Apne always the elders feel so bad if it happens to them they are terrified if it happens to them. Chalo the gold monetary value you can replace but what about there psychological well being? They will be so sacred going out for a walk.

If someone who cant be bothered to work wants to rob oldies for a living well more shame on them,if it ever happened infront of me I would go out may way to stop them and grab them and have a quiet chat. Robbing old foggies, aint they no shame have they not got parents or grandparents.

A bit of common sense is needed. To rely on the good nature of people in the hope they don't rob you is asking for trouble.

Attending a wedding, a party, etc - knock yourself out and wear as much gold as you want. Going for an afternoon constitutional in a rough part of town? Take precautions.

A bit of common sense is needed. To rely on the good nature of people in the hope they don't rob you is asking for trouble.

Attending a wedding, a party, etc - knock yourself out and wear as much gold as you want. Going for an afternoon constitutional in a rough part of town? Take precautions.

What happens if the wedding, party etc is in a rough part of town where theres no on site parking so you still got to walk down to the venue.

Your thinking is wrong anyone is entitled to do what they want without being robbed. So if you drive a nice car don't go down certain road becasue you might be jacked, load off tosh. THe onus should be on the perpretrator not the victim.

Your type of thinking well it could be extended to if somone was dressed provocatively well she deserved to be raped because she showing a bit of clevrage and leg, dont rely on good nature of people you deserve to be. Also racial abuse dont go there cos your brown.

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HAVE ANYTHING DONE TO THEM, THE PERPRETRATORS SHOULD BE CONDEMNED NOT THE VICTIM.

What happens if the wedding, party etc is in a rough part of town where theres no on site parking so you still got to walk down to the venue.

If my uncle had testicles, he'd be my aunty. IF, IF, IF.

Your thinking is wrong anyone is entitled to do what they want without being robbed. So if you drive a nice car don't go down certain road becasue you might be jacked, load off tosh. THe onus should be on the perpretrator not the victim.

If a person doesn't take their environment into consideration, and still brazenly defies logic and common sense then there is a danger they will be attacked. I'm not saying it's right but it's the reality of the situation.

Taking your car example, if the person driving his flash car doesn't lock his doors and he get's jacked, then would you say he was careless? I guess you'll argue that a person shouldn't need to lock their car doors when driving through a rough part of town? With that logic, I suppose you leave your house's front and back doors open at night?

Your type of thinking well it could be extended to if somone was dressed provocatively well she deserved to be raped because she showing a bit of clevrage and leg, dont rely on good nature of people you deserve to be. Also racial abuse dont go there cos your brown.

Am I going out of my way to invite racial abuse? Am I going around shouting racist slurs on the streets so that I become a target? Really? If you wear gold in a rough part of town, it's almost a sign saying "Come and get me!". On some days you might get away with it, on another day you won't. But the threat is always there unless you take precautions. In an ideal world, we should be able to wear whatever we want, and go anywhere we like. But it's not an ideal world and being stubborn about it & sticking two fingers up to the world in defiance is not the way forward.

For the record, I agree that a man should be capable of controlling his urges no matter how provocatively a lady dresses. But we know that some men are perverted deviants and nasty things do happen. Should women still try their luck because men should be able to control themselves? You have a lot of faith in the potential goodness of mankind. Sadly I don't.

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HAVE ANYTHING DONE TO THEM, THE PERPRETRATORS SHOULD BE CONDEMNED NOT THE VICTIM.

I'm not blind. I can read. Don't shout at me.

My home in west London was burgled around 6 months ago. We were all out at a function. Robbers must have came in at around 6 in the evening. The upstairs was a complete tip. It was like a bomb had gone off. They were only after gold as they went through all of my mums clothes boxes, cabinets etc. My gold ring was taken along with some of my mums jewellery.

My cat was resting on my bed which had also been moved like nothing had happened, lol.