Singh Sabha Southall Speed Dating

blatisingh

Just heard that Singh Sabha Southall gurdwara organised a speed dating event run by the Gurdwara matrimonial department tonight which was attended by Mr Sohi himself . I have nothing against these events as they do help people meet potential partners, but I strongly disgaree with the fact that the dinner contained meat and fish dishes. Although the event was not held on gurdwara premises the money from it is going to the gurdwara and it is organised by the gurdwara committee and promoted by the president of the gurdwara, it should follow our religious values and standards. If we turn a blind eye to these details, we are entering a downward spiral.....

The management committee have lost the plot here !

Speed dating/ offering a matrimonial service: great and needed. well done

Allowing anyone to marry to the Anand Karaj (if they can afford the fee): not right !

Maryada clearly states a Sikh can only marry another Sikh. Southall Gurdwara clearly allows mixed ethnic group marriages which is against Maryada.

• 2 months later...

I'm not from London so i just want to clarify is it that big gurdwara that's recently been made on the corner in southall?

Firstly speed dating sounds a bit like a club type thing where probably there are loads of women and men who check people out, I think it's wrong and advertising it in the gurdwara, some less educated people are going to think it's ok...

To use the money from the golak to find this is wrong it should be used for gurmat purposes only.

What is wrong with people today? If it ain't money it's abuse!

Meant fund type error

Meant fund type error

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't these Sikh girls marry out of religion then seeing as they disrespect the turban whilst being in a gurdwara whats the point in them Sikh girls even calling themselves Sikhs? Total disgrace! why don't they go clubs they will find what they are looking for there! Idiots