Thinking Of Joining The Army

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=f0l6culsMmg

watch this and make ur decision

I understand where your coming from but disagree with the lyrics of the video. When there was Sikh rule, Sarkar e Khalsa had an army (which consisted of people of various faiths), an army is needed to defend yourselfs and the citizens of the country. You are not turning your back on Guruu Ji, as when Khalistan is formed we will need an army and police.

I agree that armies should not go waging wars against others with whom they disagree, i.e.the likes of USA and Britian.

I understand where your coming from but disagree with the lyrics of the video. When there was Sikh rule, Sarkar e Khalsa had an army (which consisted of people of various faiths), an army is needed to defend yourselfs and the citizens of the country. You are not turning your back on Guruu Ji, as when Khalistan is formed we will need an army and police.

I agree that armies should not go waging wars against others with whom they disagree, i.e.the likes of USA and Britian.

u just answered ur own question mate...he didnt say hes against armies. the khalsa is a army isnt it...hes saying wen u join the khalsa army and then join a different army wid diff principles ur contradicting guru gobind singhs rules

All wars now a days are not for defense. They are for stealing natural resources such as oil or natural minerals, like steel. To be fair, we do fight against terrorists but the reason there are terrorists is because of countries like the USA and Britain.

The truth is so many innocent civilians are killed, even what the media SHOWS the general public is staggering, imagine how much they do not show us? There's no justification for killing an innocent person, AT ALL.

You can't compare between Sikh raaj. Sikhs only defend themselves from direct attack. The only time Sikhs were offensive were to fight off an enemy or when Hari Singh Nalwa went to the pathan region in the north and established Sikh raaj there to ensure no future Mughal invasions were to happen.

The reason the USA and its allies went to Iraq wasn't for any justice, same thing i can argue about Afghanistan. Killing terrorists is just a facade over the intent of taking control and killing a group of people.

Don't take my word for it.

u just answered ur own question mate...he didnt say hes against armies. the khalsa is a army isnt it...hes saying wen u join the khalsa army and then join a different army wid diff principles ur contradicting guru gobind singhs thrules

The point I wanted to make was the Khalsa army (sarkar e khalsa, under maharaja Ranjit Singh), had soldiers from different faiths. In my post before I stated that there were people of diffent faiths. It had Hindu and Muslim generals. Even in Guru Ji's times muslim pathan mercenaries fought with the Sikhs. So if other soldiers from diferent faiths can fight for and under the banner of Sikhi, as they were citizens of the nation why is it wrong to fight for the army of which country you are a citizen. It can't be you can fight for us under us but we cant fight under you because Im a Sikh.

I am not supporting the US and UK wars. Im against it. If I did not make it clear im sorry but I said i'm against countries such as US and UK going to war with countires they disagree with. I should of elaborted more with what you say is true. It's funny how US / UK only intervene with regimes which have an abundance of natural resources. They wanted to liberate the arabs from tyranny, but come on UK your own peoples decendents were kicked out by a tyrant i.e uncle bob, but you never intervened in Zimb as theres not much to make from waging a war there.

Also your wrong Sarkar e Khalsa did go on conquring wars. It was not always in defence. You can argue going towards the kingdom of Kabul and then in opposite direction Kashmir from Muslim attack. But what about the attempt to expand the empire. The British ensured expansion southwards with there Treaty. The SIKH sardars of Malwa seeking protection under the Britishand also the amir of Sindh.

To expand the empire sarkar e Khalsa ventured north west after conquring Kasmir (ok Muslim threat), then ventured further towards Leh, Ladakh in which the tibetans/ chinesse were victourious

Also prior to sarakare Khalsa the misls demanded rakhi from there areathey controlled. It was Ranjit Singh who persuaded the misldar sardars to fight abdali/durrani. As they had took rakhi from the citizens for so long it was there duty to protect the land.

I would advise not to join nation based army as pretty much all the armies representing nation around the world have committed atrocities against civilians whether intentionally or unintentionally. If you must go for army, then try the UN Peace keeping force.

ps: Also remember Khalsa is sovereign, should be able to follow khalsa dharam yudh maryada set by Guru maharaj instead of following some hate monger commander in chief and take part in human civilian casualties where one justifies the garbage afterwards - oh i was just following orders...!

I would advise not to join nation based army as pretty much all the armies representing nation around the world have committed atrocities against civilians whether intentionally or unintentionally. If you must go for army, then try the UN Peace keeping force.

ps: Also remember Khalsa is sovereign, should be able to follow khalsa dharam yudh maryada set by Guru maharaj instead of following some hate monger commander in chief and take part in human civilian casualties where one justifies the garbage afterwards - oh i was just following orders...!

Well said.

Thank you all for your replies. The funny thing is that is exactly the thought I had in my mind when I first thought about joining the army. Im blessed enough to be in guru ji's fauj should i really be joining the british army :unsure2:

Im just really confused at the moment as most of the people on here are sugesting i shouldn't..............

Thank you all for your replies. The funny thing is that is exactly the thought I had in my mind when I first thought about joining the army. Im blessed enough to be in guru ji's fauj should i really be joining the british army :unsure2:

Im just really confused at the moment as most of the people on here are sugesting i shouldn't..............

What does it really mean to be in 'Guru Ji's fauj'. How many of these fauji's have had any training to certify them as an actual soldier??

We might be in Guru Sahibs fauj in the spiritual sense, but in the actual physical sense of being a fauji, majority of us ain't even close.

Aside from the moral dilemmas involved I would go for the training. You would come out a true fauji of Guru Sahib and have the training to back it up. Ie. Gun training, physical training, all the different scenarios they put you in.

And in regards to the moral obligations that is personal question you must resolve with your self. Personally, I am from Canada and have considered it. I agree with the majority of military actions my country gets into. For example not going into Iraq, but supporting the regime change of the taliban (who have committed countless atrocities on religious minorities including sikhs).

And on a side note, anyone who says Maharaja Ranjit Singh only faught defensive battles is completely off on that part of our history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0l6culsMmg

watch this and make ur decision

Off topic: And when was it ever acceptable to swear in Sikhi? If "Sikh Unit" are to make videos or whatever, please can someone know only them tell them to stop the swearing.

On topic: Go for it! It makes the Panth proud that your considering it and its a great opportunity to show people Sikh's are good people :)