Cancelled: National Anti-Beadbi Rally On Saturday 28 May 2011

Satkaar

Good news that the family have come to the senses and cancelled the party.......

BAD News: Dudley Committee have not changed there minds on this issue and will continue to be defiant on this matter infact from what I have heard there position and popularity within the "sangat" has actually increasd......

Nothing has actually changed?????

What will happen when we have no time or noticethat a party has been arranged ie if they got one on the 5th June when they know it maybe safe to do soo????

Has anyone actually resigned or been sacked from the committee.......NO

I personally think cancelling this rally is not the right thing to do as nothing has actually changed by having a 1000 people there with full TV coverage and media will mean that we are actually serious in changing attitudes even if people come and visit this gurdwara once this will never happen again...other gurdwara will also see this and the campaign will flourish

As stated before they have already disrepected Guru Ji, the Jathadars of Siri Akal Thakt and lied to the West Midlands Jathia Bandia Leaders Lied and mis informed the whole world on the ownership of the Sikh Cultural Centre and got off scott free....Its a total disgrace....Mark my words they will re name the centre Asian Community Centre and in a couple of years all will be ok to resume parties there as the Satkaar campaign will have ended!!

You are dealing with the lowest form of sewer rats please do not just feed them with a little poison and then walk away!!

This is an amazing victory for all those who have campaigned on this issue!

You cannot underestimate the humiliation of the Dudley committee before the family, their own sangat, the wider Sikh community and the West Midlands Police at this turn of events! The families on whose shoulders these Dudley committee people want to stand and fight their thirst for meat and alcohol have seen through them and pulled the rug from beneath them! Let this be a salutary lesson to them: the families will not stand by you when they learn the truth about your deceptive ways - no wonder you did not wish them to meet directly with sevadaars of the campaign!

This will embolden the sangat to eradicate the cancerous practices of committees such as this Dudley one! The strength of the feeling against the Dudley committee can be gauged by the fact there are many including on this forum who despite the cancellation of the party still wanted to attend at Dudley this weekend to give the committee a message!

Watch out for further coverage of the Dudley issue this weekend on Sangat TV this Friday from 7pm and on the Sikh Channel on Sunday on the Youth Show.

The attitude of the Committee is Disgraceful. But the fact of the matter is that without people willing to book parties in the Sikh Cultural Centre the Committee won't be able to carry out the beadbi they so desire. Even the committee member Darshan Atwal moved his own family party from the Sikh Cultural Centre to another hall in Wolverhampton, yet the committee seem to have manipulated another family to be a "sacrificial lamb" in this whole beadbi fiasco.

It's not an easy call to make to cancel a protest, but I think there was a consensus with the Midlands prabhandik elders and other Jathebhandiys who felt that if a protest outside a Gurdwara could be avoided then it would be better for the profile and reputation of the Sikh Community. Not that GNSS Dudley really care about Sikh reputation, but the protest would have attracted large interest from non-Sikh media too. There is no change on the stand against the anti-Sikh activities of the GNSS Dudley committee and I know that the Sangat are ever ready to come down in the thousands as soon as this Committee try to allow another party on the Gurdwara property.

If they do allow a party and the Sangat are unaware then I suppose the UK Sikh Community could peacefully do "KABZAA" of the Guru Ghar and evict the Committee.

Yes we must remember that this job is not complete its a good job but until anything changes and the centre refers back to the gurdwara this problem will still exist.....think the best thing should be that a kabzaa on the centre should take place with immediate effect....the jathia bandia leaders will have a lot to answer for when this situation arises again...as i'm sure it will and the fun and games will begin again!!

Still think the protest would have had the best end result...even if it meant the uk sangat did simran in the gurdwara!!!

The attitude of the Committee is Disgraceful. But the fact of the matter is that without people willing to book parties in the Sikh Cultural Centre the Committee won't be able to carry out the beadbi they so desire. Even the committee member Darshan Atwal moved his own family party from the Sikh Cultural Centre to another hall in Wolverhampton, yet the committee seem to have manipulated another family to be a "sacrificial lamb" in this whole beadbi fiasco.

It's not an easy call to make to cancel a protest, but I think there was a consensus with the Midlands prabhandik elders and other Jathebhandiys who felt that if a protest outside a Gurdwara could be avoided then it would be better for the profile and reputation of the Sikh Community. Not that GNSS Dudley really care about Sikh reputation, but the protest would have attracted large interest from non-Sikh media too. There is no change on the stand against the anti-Sikh activities of the GNSS Dudley committee and I know that the Sangat are ever ready to come down in the thousands as soon as this Committee try to allow another party on the Gurdwara property.

If they do allow a party and the Sangat are unaware then I suppose the UK Sikh Community could peacefully do "KABZAA" of the Guru Ghar and evict the Committee.

I remember the same being said at Grays as well. That if they did not co-operate etc, then we would take Guru Maharaj and all saroops and take down the Nishan saab.

Someone has just made a valid point to me that, Gurdwara committee's etc should be made accountable for actions. They need to provide a listing weekely to the Sangat as to how much daswand has come in, where it has been spent and what benefit the Sangat are getting.

We have tooooo many examples, where commitees fight over money (which has come from the Sangat). Other examples are where the money has been spent on halls like this one, Certain committe members pocketing money and others fighting over Kabaddi tornaments. The list is endless.....................................

I remember back in days when Havelock Gurdwara went bankrupt and they used to announce the accounts on a Sunday, it was broadcasted on Sunrise radio.

These guys have really lost the plot. The Punj Chor have taken over them and blinded them.

Hopefully the newly formed Sikh UK council, can get some sort of a structure in place where the UK Gurdwara's follow guidelines set. They can then get Audited on a regular basis. Anybody not complying will be dealt with appropriately.

Bull Chuk Maaf.

I've spoken to one of the Midlands elder Parbhandik Singhs who was in the meeting with the family. It was a difficult decision for the elders to call off the protest, as the UK sangat were really up for this. As far as I'm aware, coaches were at least ready to leave from Coventry, Southall, East London and minibuses/coaches were coming from Bradford/Leeds, Derby, Leicester, as well as countless other Sangat coming in cars.

But in the end, I think the right decision was made. If the Sangat made journeys when they weren't really needed, then this would put them off for next time. It would be wrong for Satkaar to not disclose that the party had been cancelled, when they knew otherwise. ALSO, Sangat would be sacrificing other Seva to attend this protest. It's BEST if Sangat's and police (as we are taxpayers too) resources are used when they're most needed.

It's best to "pick and choose" battles when they're most needed. Satkaar Campaign will be a long-term vision with many challenges that will come up - sangat has to keep this in mind.

If any Singh feels otherwise that there is still a need to protest, they're still free to go down themselves as stopping Beadbi is duty of every Sikh - not a few individuals.

I agree that this is a massive embarrassment for the committee. They were giving it large that the party will go ahead, but it's not. The family have, in fact, turned against the committee. They - the committee - are cowards for cancelling their own parties, and risking the parties of innocent and unaware families.

I think it might be worth having a backup for this kind of situations where the event may be cancelled. One alternative I can see is the coaches coming to a gurdwara sahib and sangat can then benefit from kirtan, langar, speaches about the issues. Not only will it mean they will have a good day , they can be ready for the next event.